Will Dez Be in the Ring of Honor?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Simple question: will Dez be in the ROH or not? Why do you believe he will or won’t make it?

I’ll go first. I dont think he makes it in and it kills him every single day. I think he’d love nothing more than seeing his name among legends. In the end, outside of TD receptions, his contribution simply wasn’t enough.

JJ will move on and Stephen won’t be as receptive to bringing in guys that aren’t wearing the star for life.

zerofill

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it... parting words upon leaving didn't help. The guys in there, are actually known for being great on and off the field. Even if they weren't always great off the field, they changed, and became great off the field as well.

While I still think Dez is Dez... That with the right scheme and QB again, he still performs well. I don't really consider him ring of honor material.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Simple question: will Dez be in the ROH or not? Why do you believe he will or won’t make it?

I’ll go first. I dont think he makes it in and it kills him every single day. I think he’d love nothing more than seeing his name among legends. In the end, outside of TD receptions, his contribution simply wasn’t enough.

JJ will move on and Stephen won’t be as receptive to bringing in guys that aren’t wearing the star for life.

robjay04

Reaction score
It really wouldn’t surprise me.

You can’t really make a valid argument that he isn’t the second best receiver that suited up under Jerry Jones. I’m purposely not including TO because TO had one awesome all pro caliber season with the star...Dez had 3.

Now we have to ask...does the ring of honor allow players in based on their statistical achievements while wearing the star over their postseason achievements? As of right now...it doesn’t but Jerry will eventually start letting players in such as Romo, Ware and Witten from this era that were never a part of championship teams. Could Dez be included in that bunch? I don’t think so but it wouldn’t surprise me since he is admittedly one of Jerry’s favorite players.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The answer is always the same: if Jerry wants him in, he'll be in. There isn't a hard-written rule at this point after some of the people who have gotten in.

coult44

Reaction score

So now Dez gets the TO into the HOF treatment from Cowboys FO and fans?
Based on Stats, TO should’ve been first ballot HOF. Just as, Based on stats, Dez should be ROH easily. If not, explain some others who are in. Explain Bob Hayes. Dez stats are better all the way around with the exception of a SB Ring. But, Hayes played with what QB? Oh yea, only one of the best in NFL history. Dez is the TD leader in team history. He is second to receptions, but had 4 less years. If Irvin played today, y’all would be saying same things about him as you are Dez. If Tony didn’t get all best and bent up, and then eventually quit, Dez becomes the stat leader in every category, and probably even win a Super Bowl.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Hell no.

There are better deserving former players that should be in light years before Dez should ever be considered.

BillyBates

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it... parting words upon leaving didn't help. The guys in there, are actually known for being great on and off the field. Even if they weren't always great off the field, they changed, and became great off the field as well.

While I still think Dez is Dez... That with the right scheme and QB again, he still performs well. I don't really consider him ring of honor material.
Bravo !

bornafan1981

Reaction score
I don't believe so. He doesn't have any accomplishment to deserve a spot.

As the saying goes "If you have to ask, than likely not"