Will fresh-shaven Kellen use an aerial scheme? What then of Zeke?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
God I hope so. Especially if Kitna helps. I know a lot of people bash Dak for his "terrible" accuracy and bad foot work, but Linehan and Garrett never trusted Dak's arm. How is he supposed to get better at throwing deep passes and shots downfield in actual football game situations if they never let him practice in said situations? Plus, like many of the fans, along with the coaches, they don't trust his accuracy, and when nobody believes in your accuracy, you won't either. Hopefully Moore will encourage more air-raid passes. Hopefully Dak will trust himself more. Yes it will result in more interceptions, but that comes with the latter.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You, yes you out there, by your fireplaces or the burning-tire blockades in Gary, Ind.,
HOW WILL LIL' KELLEN BE AN OFFENSIVE GENIUS?
By prying every ounce of passing skills from an awful passer Dak or going to a run-dominated offense?
Ga'head, Kellen , let us in on your stairway to playoff heaven, you teacher's pet.
Awful passer? I stopped reading. That’s a clueless statement.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I think as a team who was once close to winning, and really wants to win, really wants to throw it all away and tell teh OC he has a short 10 years to learn the job.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Yup. I hate it when people watch every tic of every play of our QB and compare that to the highlight reels of other QB's.

the dak hate is annoying, but it comes with the overall culture this team has been doling out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore isn't a dummy, he will utilize the best weapon on the offense. Promoting Moore is not necessarily promoting the passing game and he is aware this offense must run through Elliott to allow his QB to play action. Moore will get the ball into Elliott's hands no less than it was last season. With this OL, he'd be crazy to try and turn this team into a passing team.

I am anticipating more downfield passing because of two good WR's but not necessarily more passing. They were 55% passing last season and I look for that to stay about the same. The OL was better at run blocking and the QB led the league in sacks. Elliott is the best player on the offense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore isn't a dummy, he will utilize the best weapon on the offense. Promoting Moore is not necessarily promoting the passing game and he is aware this offense must run through Elliott to allow his QB to play action. Moore will get the ball into Elliott's hands no less than it was last season. With this OL, he'd be crazy to try and turn this team into a passing team.

I am anticipating more downfield passing because of two good WR's but not necessarily more passing. They were 55% passing last season and I look for that to stay about the same. The OL was better at run blocking and the QB led the league in sacks. Elliott is the best player on the offense.

What many probably don’t realize is Moore’s Boise State teams were not pass happy attacks that relegated the running game to second class status. Those teams were balanced, and featured a strong running attack to go with the passing game.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I’m not sure what Moore will be. He spent so much time with Scott may just be a younger version. What I really hope is he mixes stuff with maybe some that offense he ran in college with some NFL stuff. Only time will tell.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You, yes you out there, by your fireplaces or the burning-tire blockades in Gary, Ind.,
HOW WILL LIL' KELLEN BE AN OFFENSIVE GENIUS?
By prying every ounce of passing skills from an awful passer Dak or going to a run-dominated offense?
Ga'head, Kellen , let us in on your stairway to playoff heaven, you teacher's pet.

Zeke is just fine for an aerial attack. He's the big back in the Coryell offense. Pass protects well too. And catches well.

I think we stick with being a run team. Dak aint gonna be Dan Fouts. We've got a running QB. Run him. I love adding jet sweeps. Maybe we can do it with WRs closer to RBs. Thicker. I like the idea of Tayvon, but there's doubt that he can stay healthy.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what kind of an offense Moore runs, but Zeke will contribute regardless. Obviously he can pound the rock, and he showed last year that he can contribute just fine as an air back with 77 catches. And those were all just lazy dump offs; that 55 yard over the shoulder catch vs Detroit hints at the potential for a better OC to use him more creatively IMO.

In his rookie year, Zeke had 1,994 scrimmage yards, this last year he had 2,001, and in 2017 he was on pace for 2,003 before Goodell intervened - how about that for consistency? So if he stays healthy, I feel 100% safe booking Zeke for another 2000 scrimmage yards.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sure what Moore will be. He spent so much time with Scott may just be a younger version. What I really hope is he mixes stuff with maybe some that offense he ran in college with some NFL stuff. Only time will tell.

I’m not worried about him being a younger version of Linehan? Hell, we don’t even know what that version would be.Linehan was pass happy with very limited running in Detroit, and a coached a heavy running attack in Dallas. Plus Moore has been obsessed with the game and the study of the game since long before he started working under Linehan.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I’m not worried about him being a younger version of Linehan? Hell, we don’t even know what that version would be.Linehan was pass happy with very limited running in Detroit, and a coached a heavy running attack in Dallas. Plus Moore has been obsessed with the game and the study of the game since long before he started working under Linehan.

You have to figure all those years with Scott in Detroit and Dallas and JG also started out under Scott in Miami we might just see the same offense just with a different caller. I am not predicting that just saying a possibility like I said in my original post only time will tell.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
God I hope so. Especially if Kitna helps. I know a lot of people bash Dak for his "terrible" accuracy and bad foot work, but Linehan and Garrett never trusted Dak's arm. How is he supposed to get better at throwing deep passes and shots downfield in actual football game situations if they never let him practice in said situations? Plus, like many of the fans, along with the coaches, they don't trust his accuracy, and when nobody believes in your accuracy, you won't either. Hopefully Moore will encourage more air-raid passes. Hopefully Dak will trust himself more. Yes it will result in more interceptions, but that comes with the latter.

Dak has no accuracy issues and throws the deep ball just fine. He also believes in himself as he would not be one of the most clutch players at his position.

Just because a bunch of trolls say something doesnt make it so.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have to figure all those years with Scott in Detroit and Dallas and JG also started out under Scott in Miami we might just see the same offense just with a different caller. I am not predicting that just saying a possibility like I said in my original post only time will tell.

Again, Linehan himself didn’t even run the same offense in Detroit and Dallas, so how can Moore run the same offense Linehan did in Detroit and Dallas?

And what about 4 years at Boise State with a much more consistent offense than Moore saw in either Detroit or Dallas, not to mention that he actually played in with such great success that he became the winningest QB in NCAA history? Why would we think that had no influence on Moore?

My only worry about no significant changes would be if Garrett restrains him too much, but if that happens it won’t be because Moore is married to what Linehan did, it will be because JG is.