Will Grier To Skip Meaningless Exhibition Game And Focus On 2019 NFL Draft Instead

bornafan1981

Reaction score
Will Grier became the latest college football player to declare his choice to focus on his future, and the upcoming NFL draft, over participating in a meaningless exhibition game. West Virginia football’s Twitter account released Grier’s statement on Saturday that announced he would be missing the Mountaineers’ match up against Syracuse in the Camping World Bowl.

https://********.com/will-grier-to-skip-meaningless-exhibition-game-and-focu-1830961445

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think this is going to be one of the things that causes change. We've seem some elite undeclassmen skip bowl games and I don't have an issue with that, but now we have senior QBs choosing to sit out. This is your leader and probably one of the most important positions in sport. These marginal bowl games are going to start to lose eyeballs aka revenue.

I had this game on my to-watch list but without Grier playing, I'm no longer going to watch.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t blame guys for skipping. They just need to look at guys like Jaylon and others that have lost money playing in these exhibition games.

I think you’re going to see more guys skipping out in individual workouts as well, choosing to perform at the combine and resting on their college game tape.

RS12

Reaction score
Translation: Focus on the draft = avoid injury just so WVU can get paid.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I hope this guy slips into the 2nd and Jerry and co realize they need to make a change.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I hope this guy slips into the 2nd and Jerry and co realize they need to make a change.

if Dallas is convinced Dak is not the longtime answer (I am convinced Jerry is far too stubborn for this to happen), I could see them trading up to 32 and take a QB (my hope would be Will Grier) so that they get the 5th year option that comes with 1st round picks, just like the Ravens did with Lamar Jackson last year.

Grier is fearless and the opposite of Dak. He'll take chances and fling it, and many of us will be cringing.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
if Dallas is convinced Dak is not the longtime answer (I am convinced Jerry is far too stubborn for this to happen), I could see them trading up to 32 and take a QB (my hope would be Will Grier) so that they get the 5th year option that comes with 1st round picks, just like the Ravens did with Lamar Jackson last year.

Grier is fearless and the opposite of Dak. He'll take chances and fling it, and many of us will be cringing.

Grier’s biggest asset is Dak’s biggest liability and that’s accuracy. Like Dak, Grier is also mobile but he has better pocket awareness and knows when to step up and when to slide left or right. He has a quick release but often holds the ball too long looking for the big play. He had three critical fumbles too in the last two games both losses and had they won one they’d been playing in the Big 12 title game. He’s tough and he’ll take a hit but ball security is an issue. Because he holds the ball and takes hits his size could be an issue too. His game is eerily similar to Aaron Rodgers minus the arm strength. If he could be had in the second round I’d be all for it. With the proper coaching and sufficient protection he could be an upper level NFL QB.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think this is going to be one of the things that causes change. We've seem some elite undeclassmen skip bowl games and I don't have an issue with that, but now we have senior QBs choosing to sit out. This is your leader and probably one of the most important positions in sport. These marginal bowl games are going to start to lose eyeballs aka revenue.

I had this game on my to-watch list but without Grier playing, I'm no longer going to watch.
Expand the playoff series and get rid of meaningless bowls.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Grier’s biggest asset is Dak’s biggest liability and that’s accuracy. Like Dak, Grier is also mobile but he has better pocket awareness and knows when to step up and when to slide left or right. He has a quick release but often holds the ball too long looking for the big play. He had three critical fumbles too in the last two games both losses and had they won one they’d been playing in the Big 12 title game. He’s tough and he’ll take a hit but ball security is an issue. Because he holds the ball and takes hits his size could be an issue too. His game is eerily similar to Aaron Rodgers minus the arm strength. If he could be had in the second round I’d be all for it. With the proper coaching and sufficient protection he could be an upper level NFL QB.
Oh, I'm a fan.

My statement was regarding Dak being hesitant to force a ball down field. Grier does not share that same hesitation. He trusts his arm.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Oh, I'm a fan.

My statement was regarding Dak being hesitant to force a ball down field. Grier does not share that same hesitation. He trusts his arm.

Yea I understood your post King. I was just giving my two cents on Grier. And yes Will isn’t afraid to let it rip. More importantly he can throw a receiver open and can make quick reads.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This going to become the norm if its not already. Anyone with a chance of being drafted has no reason to play in these meaningless bowl games. Expand the playoff.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I may be stating the obvious but based on the few minutes I’ve seen him play he looks like a steal in the 2nd, but I’ve done little research in him