Will Jerry ever bring in a proven HC again?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Diehardblues, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

16,687 Messages
    9,717 Likes Received
    Jerry has only brought in a proven HC twice in his era. Initially to set the teams course bringing them out of potential bankruptcy and the second time to resurrect from a 5-11 Funk to gain public support for a new stadium.

What would it take for Jerry to set his ego aside again or stop his pursuit of trying to prove he can build and win a championship without a proven HC who’d receive more credit than him?

Or are we stuck in this situation until Jerry’s last breathe barring a total collapse or financial barrier?

Remember he tried winning championships with a great HC but didn’t like not receiving the credit he was pursuing. What gives us hope Jerry will change?

2. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,566 Messages
    4,184 Likes Received
    Jerry will die with the huge failure of the last 25 years...things will probably be worse under his cheap son

3. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

3,683 Messages
    4,227 Likes Received
    Obviously we won't. We have the most money in the entire league but won't spend money on real talent at a position that doesn't have a salary cap and that is Coaches.

4. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

6,057 Messages
    5,980 Likes Received
    Can’t wait for him to give up a couple high draft picks for the wrong HC next year

GMO415, lostar2009 and LittleD like this.
  5. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

2,234 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    The first thing Jerry needs to do is to remove himself from the football equation because even a good coach will struggle under a poor GM (see Bill Belichick at the Browns) and any HC worth his salt would think several times over about working for a GM like Jerry.

I can't see Jerry voluntarily doing this so, I don't think Jerry will ever appoint a really good strong HC.

6. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

4,206 Messages
    4,332 Likes Received
    The exception was Parcells. Jerry hired him and got out of his way ..... for a while. Then he just couldn't resist his meddling ways.

7. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

14,674 Messages
    27,958 Likes Received
    I don't think money has anything to do with it. I think getting credit is his main motivation, which I think is the reason Moore is moving up the ranks so quickly. Jerry makes a splash and "discovers" the next great coach, if Moore does well. If he doesn't do well, it gives him another reason not to blame Garrett.

buybuydandavis, aria and Diehardblues like this.
  8. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    9,413 Likes Received
    Seems the trend in the nfl is going away from proven HC
    Over the last few years doesn’t seem like many have been hired

DandyDon52 likes this.
  9. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

1,816 Messages
    542 Likes Received
    I think Jerry would bring in a proven HC only if the team doesn't have much talent. When Parcells was brought in, the team just wasn't very good with the exception of some of the Oline, LBs, Williams and Glover.

DandyDon52 likes this.
  10. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

6,446 Messages
    5,305 Likes Received
    they simple answer is NO

11. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

2,234 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    At that time Jerry needed a name HC to build Jerryworld.
    Even then as you point out Jerry couldn't keep his fingers away from the groceries and before you know we had Wade.

12. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

2,898 Messages
    4,226 Likes Received
    I doubt it.

Doing so would change the narrative from winning being the result of the Cowboys organization (read: Jerry’s football acumen) to being the result of hiring a proven coach who has had success outside the Cowboys sphere.

Because if, say, a Doug Pederson were brought in and he quickly delivered a SB win, that would prove that a superior HC matters more than Jerry’s football input — and that’s NOT gonna be allowed to happen.

13. Pokeness

Pokeness Active Member

217 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    That was just so he could get his stajium.

Diehardblues likes this.
  14. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

26,761 Messages
    23,659 Likes Received
    Jerry is anything but a failure

He has 3 rings, HoF, new Stadium, new Practice Campus, 250 yacht and the team is worth 5b for a 160m investment

SJones is too cheap and needs to get some wildcatting from his Daddy.... he can Draft well but he needs to spend some FA money

charron likes this.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

45,598 Messages
    34,603 Likes Received
    If they are ever desperate enough to win then they will.

They were desperate when they brought in Parcells and it probably had more to do with getting a stadium built then it did winning.

Diehardblues likes this.
  16. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,945 Messages
    2,554 Likes Received
    I tend to doubt it. Who would want to come here under the same constraints as past luminaries? Jerry has the aura of advancing age. Will he be like Al Davis and Donald Sterling and drag the franchise down to lower levels before others are forced to act?
    That being said, I certainly get the feeling that the 2020 season is heading toward the crossroads of change. Will the 2019 season be a lame duck affair with Jerry holding his version of an ace in the hole - Richard, Payton, etc? Is Kellen Moore his ace as HC with Nussmeier as OC?
    This franchise comes off like the late 70's TV show, Soap.
    Stay tuned for next week's show, boys and girls.

DenCWBY and Diehardblues like this.
  17. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

16,687 Messages
    9,717 Likes Received
    Apparently those 3 rings gives him a pass for life with some fans?

18. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

26,761 Messages
    23,659 Likes Received
    It does....I guess some fans think that they are easy to win

the Eagles won their only title last year in 53 tries

do you subtract the 3 rings from Brady that he won 15-17 years ago when you praise him or do they all count???

Runwildboys likes this.
  19. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

32,970 Messages
    46,774 Likes Received
    The real question is will a proven HC want to come here and work with Jerry?

20. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

26,761 Messages
    23,659 Likes Received
    Besides the Patriots what Franchise would you trade places and results with the last 30 years?