Will Jerry ever bring in a proven HC again?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What about it?

It's been an OK run. In comparison to the last 23 years, it looks great but in the overall scope, it's been just adequate from a franchise that considers itself one of the truly elite in the NFL.
I’d trade with the Patriots for starters.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
jerry the owner isn't a failure.

jerry the GM is a failure. By any rational measure he has not been a successful GM. In reality, if he weren't the owner he'd have been fired as GM a long time ago.
Unless he had Jerry Jones as his owner. :muttley:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I did answer it.
Not without the added hedges

Just admit there aren't any other teams making it look easy or having any more success than Jerry during his entire time in the League..... no one

even PITT is 2-2 in the Super Bowl in the Jerry Era....... Jerry is 3-0

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry has only brought in a proven HC twice in his era. Initially to set the teams course bringing them out of potential bankruptcy and the second time to resurrect from a 5-11 Funk to gain public support for a new stadium.

What would it take for Jerry to set his ego aside again or stop his pursuit of trying to prove he can build and win a championship without a proven HC who’d receive more credit than him?

Or are we stuck in this situation until Jerry’s last breathe barring a total collapse or financial barrier?

Remember he tried winning championships with a great HC but didn’t like not receiving the credit he was pursuing. What gives us hope Jerry will change?

New England has changed how the Cowboys are now seen. The Patriots are a Dynasty...today. The eclipse the prior eras, that could have included the picture of the Dallas Cowboys.

Today, if Jerry is honest, he needs to at least reassert some of the former dynasty type views.

Even before the current run by New England, the runs and short term accumulations by teams such as Green Bay, San Francisco, and even the Steelers are contentions on whether or not the Cowboys are even in the pictures. Two Lombardis under Ton Landry and three under Jerry Jones...but now a 20 year span to muddle any possible view today.

Jerry has to now either accept failure as to moving into top of the NFL views, or produce.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Jerry has only brought in a proven HC twice in his era. Initially to set the teams course bringing them out of potential bankruptcy and the second time to resurrect from a 5-11 Funk to gain public support for a new stadium.

What would it take for Jerry to set his ego aside again or stop his pursuit of trying to prove he can build and win a championship without a proven HC who’d receive more credit than him?

Or are we stuck in this situation until Jerry’s last breathe barring a total collapse or financial barrier?

Remember he tried winning championships with a great HC but didn’t like not receiving the credit he was pursuing. What gives us hope Jerry will change?
Im not sure about that, I think it'll be hard to convince a proven HC to come here and hand over his coaching and staff to JJ.

Honesty think JG is here for the duration, or atleast through 2019.
Superbowl or bust

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Duh...... anyone else?
I’d trade with many teams like the Steelers, Packers and anyone who places themselves in a more favorable position to win.

Again your narration is providing Jerry a pass for life . Something we didn’t provide Landry.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not without the added hedges

Just admit there aren't any other teams making it look easy or having any more success than Jerry during his entire time in the League..... no one

even PITT is 2-2 in the Super Bowl in the Jerry Era....... Jerry is 3-0

I answered your question clearly. Over the time frame you stated, 30 years, I'd take NE and the Steelers. I might also add in GB now as I didn't realize they had made 6 conference champ games (along with 2 SB wins) since we last won a SB.

But I also won't ignore the fact that since Jerry became the sole GM and took complete control of the football operations, the franchise has sputtered.

It's completely ignorant to suggest otherwise or ignore that reality.

Now answer some of my questions. Like, what proven HC would be dying to come here and work for Jerry?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I’d trade with many teams like the Steelers, Packers and anyone who places themselves in a more favorable position to win.

Again your narration is providing Jerry a pass for life . Something we didn’t provide Landry.
OK ....just for clarity..... PITT is 2-2 in the Super Bowl in the Jerry Era and GB is 1-1

Jerry is 3-0

Sydla

Reaction score
OK ....just for clarity..... PITT is 2-2 in the Super Bowl in the Jerry Era and GB is 1-1

Jerry is 3-0

GB is 2-1 in that era. And made 6 NFCCG games since Jerry last won a SB.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I answered your question clearly. Over the time frame you stated, 30 years, I'd take NE and the Steelers.
So only 2 teams are doing it better and you are still perpetually crying....it seems you may be the problem and your unrealistic expectations

Sydla

Reaction score
So only 2 teams are doing it better and you are still perpetually crying....it seems you may be the problem and your unrealistic expectations

Your obtuseness is showing again. So expecting at least one SB appearance in 23 years is an unrealistic expectation from what you apparently think is one of the elite franchises in the NFL? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Let's put it another way. Your financial advisor once made you a bunch of money in the early 90s, but since then, he's barely been adequate and not made you much of anything for the last two decades. Would you call him a success?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OK ....just for clarity..... PITT is 2-2 in the Super Bowl in

Jerry is 3-0[/QUOTE]
Who cares. At least they have a more respectfully ran franchise and place themselves in a greater position to win.

Again, you’re giving Jerry a pass for his early success.

We appreciate that but at what point do you begin to question his effectiveness this era?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
GB is 2-1 in that era. And made 6 NFCCG games since Jerry last won a SB.
Correct.......2-1 in SBs...... so they are 3-3 in those NFCCGs

and they had 2 HoF QBs, correct?

I would still take DAL and the 3 rings