Will Jones fire McCarthey and Nolan?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GORICO, Nov 27, 2020.

1. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,522 Messages
    1,901 Likes Received
    Lots of injuries but I have seen poor play calling, poor fundamentals and poor game management/decisions that have nothing to do with injuries. Green Bay has gotten much better since firing MM

starfan1 and 75boyz like this.
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

13,206 Messages
    5,480 Likes Received
    The bigger question is not "if" or even "when" they will both be fired.

It's "what's taking them so long"?????

75boyz likes this.
  3. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

4,228 Messages
    2,616 Likes Received
    Yes.

He will fire Nolan and big Mike.

75boyz likes this.
  4. JW82

JW82 JJ21

3,230 Messages
    5,604 Likes Received
    I doubt it, but I would.

75boyz likes this.
  5. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,530 Messages
    4,476 Likes Received
    I think both will be gone in the offseason. Injuries are one thing but there's just decisions in the game that make no sense. I think the failed 4th down from our 20 in a game that was still competitive was the deal breaker.

AshyLarry06 and 75boyz like this.
  6. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

3,515 Messages
    2,329 Likes Received
    Why? MM gets nothing but bad publicity and he lied from the get go. It wouldn’t be a good move to not admit you may have made a mistake. And bring in a young up and coming head coach like Lincoln Riley. It’s makes zero sense to keep a coach that the players all around are not responding well too.

AshyLarry06 and 75boyz like this.
  7. Thomas82

Thomas82 Well-Known Member

3,048 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received
    I always thought McCarthy was a rush hire.

8. lockster

lockster Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    652 Likes Received
    No, but he should. This last game was enough by itself to prove the futility of what's happening on the sidelines with coaching. We got Beavis , butthead, the three stooges, and the Hardy boys all on one coaching staff. Then who do we have up stairs?!! Elmer fud and his boy. Alfalfa and gang are the staff. All followers of rhetoric

75boyz likes this.
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

9,891 Messages
    4,837 Likes Received
    With all the Cowboy injuries this year, I doubt Vince Lombardi could have done anything.
    Just wasn't the Cowboy's year this year.

McCarthy is too old school for me. Need someone younger and more in tune with the college game. That is the future.

10. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,548 Messages
    1,941 Likes Received
    jerry will give McCartney and Nolan 3 years . He is too stubborn , plus he cannot fire them due to the fact he made most of the decisions for them : Offensive coach, Draft , players contracts etc . So if you micro manage , you cannot evaluate or hold the coach accountable .

75boyz likes this.
  11. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Well-Known Member

3,907 Messages
    6,094 Likes Received
    Not going to happen.

12. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,487 Messages
    18,611 Likes Received
    Just stop this nonsense

13. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    2,180 Likes Received
    I don’t think anyone gets fired, but if I could wish one firing it would be Nolan.

14. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

18,670 Messages
    24,402 Likes Received
    How about you never guarantee another triple platinum anything as we get killed each time you do this! :laugh:

15. TwistedL0g1k

TwistedL0g1k Well-Known Member

719 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
    The GM will not fire the head coach after a single injury riddled season, with no preseason, during a global pandemic. He also doesn't admit mistakes easily.

I would wager a staggering sum that this will not happen. I'm no MM fan either.

75boyz likes this.
  16. SexyDexy52

SexyDexy52 Member

29 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    No
    Jones will give McCarthy at least 3 years. Nolan possibly gets another year as well. Both will claim injuries marred the season from the get go so they will call Mulligan and try again next season. For Nolan it will be make or break, he's probably on a 3 yr contract so firing him after yr 2 isn't so bad in Jones'eyes. McCarthy gets another chance to right the ship but that should be it unless he makes the playoffs like Garrett did every other year and strings the Joneses along for more chances to make a run at a SB.

I do expect to see MM implement more of his own offense this off-season even if KM returns but we'll see how that goes.

17. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

2,519 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Truth

lockster likes this.
  18. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,635 Messages
    4,773 Likes Received
    ..I see MM going nowhere. They might be able to persuade MM to go another direction with DC. Who knows?

19. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

3,755 Messages
    3,299 Likes Received
    Well Jerry is that person so good luck

20. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

2,519 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Outstanding post.

basel90 likes this.