Will Jones fire McCarthey and Nolan?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I would hope Jones would realize the team McCarthy inherited isn't as talented as this board thinks it is. Unless it's a disaster, I am always in favor of keeping a HC for about 2 years so they can establish their team through FA and draft classes.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think both will be gone in the offseason. Injuries are one thing but there's just decisions in the game that make no sense. I think the failed 4th down from our 20 in a game that was still competitive was the deal breaker.
Ya that was stupid I was more angry with their refusal to help out Steele in the Cleveland game. Garrett was killing him and yet they refused to help in a game we win if they do that IMO

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
dear fellow fanzone freaks---- please enter your honest opinion and vote..."Will Jones at some point

fire McCarthey and Nolan this year or offseason 2021?....our issues go far beyond Covid and injuries

thanks
GORICO
I hope so. Kellen Moore needs to be gone also.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I vote "No" on anyone getting fired just because there will be more excuses for this season than have EVER existed for a Dallas coach. It would be a shocker if Jerry cleaned house.
He just cleaned house.

This is not Jacksonville.

We do not make sacrificial lambs every year.

We eat our mistakes like men.

:squeek:

Like a mouse.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fans looking to blame one group, one coach or one player for the cause of this meltdown we call 2020, STOP!

HERES a HINT,

ALL OF THEM FROM THE TOP DOWN..

BUT INJUIRES ARE #1 ON THE LIST, HISTORIC INSANE AMOUNTS OF INJURIES..

cern

Reaction score
He just cleaned house.

This is not Jacksonville.

We do not make sacrificial lambs every year.

We eat our mistakes like men.

:squeek:

Like a mouse.
i would submit that eating mistakes is not a good idea. cull the herd when needed and move. the year's been bizarre, but the mistakes made by mac are just not acceptable. admiral rickover used to say giving someone a second chance just gives them another opportunity to screw up again.

blumayne38

Reaction score
The GM will not fire the head coach after a single injury riddled season, with no preseason, during a global pandemic. He also doesn't admit mistakes easily.

I would wager a staggering sum that this will not happen. I'm no MM fan either.
How much?

JBS

Reaction score
As long as the platinum guarantees are still around, it doesn't matter who is coaching this team..

Can't say I've ever seen a bigger mush

Duane

Reaction score
Not this year. Campo got three years, and Opie got a decade. So Jones isn't going to fire those guys after one season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
At best, MM is naive about the state of his club; at worst, he’s willfully ignorant & unwilling to make the tough changes necessary to improve. Or is he?!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing is, as bad as Big Mac and staff have looked this year, it would be a Cle browns move to fire a new HC after one year. Especially a year like this one. It going to take some time to see what Mac is as a HC and 2020 has had as many wheels off moments off the field as on the field. He deserves another year.

I think what has been harder for Cowboys fans to accept has been the realization that this team is simply not as talented or deep as most fans hoped. I’m a little concerned about McCarthy as a rebuild coach. That’s never been on his resume’. Doesn’t mean he’s not capable, but let’s be honest, if this team needs a roster remodel and an infusion of stronger culture, Mike McCarthy is not a name that immediately comes to mind.

We will see. Mac will be back next year, and I think he should be given another chance. But there should be no leash like the one given Jason Garrett. That was the other extreme.

And finally, just for grins, let’s give Big Mac some credit for his mask scene. That dude is rocking the biggest mask I’ve ever seen. I swear it could double as a kids sleeping blanket. And I would be as committed to a full mask as Big Mac if I was on the sideline this year, lol.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Fans looking to blame one group, one coach or one player for the cause of this meltdown we call 2020, STOP!

HERES a HINT,

ALL OF THEM FROM THE TOP DOWN..

BUT INJUIRES ARE #1 ON THE LIST, HISTORIC INSANE AMOUNTS OF INJURIES..

giphy.gif

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not this year. Campo got three years, and Opie got a decade. So Jones isn't going to fire those guys after one season.

jerry is 78.

time is short...

even shorter for big Mike and his buddies.

Cmac

Reaction score
What good would that do, if JJ is gonna stand up in the press conference to announce Kellen Moore as the HC?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
is this another doroic pick, if so, they will be here forever. always pick the opposite of the goroic.