Video: Will McClay Interviews

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by speedkilz88, May 3, 2022.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,317 Messages
    154,230 Likes Received
    We would not win even worse.

2. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,068 Messages
    94,357 Likes Received
    And apparently, not a big ego. May be a good thing.

Diehardblues likes this.
  3. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

8,845 Messages
    10,464 Likes Received
    they utilize free agency and/or draft top 5 - 10

4. NoLuv4Jerry

NoLuv4Jerry Well-Known Member

7,028 Messages
    3,888 Likes Received
    This is the kind of thinking I want to challenge. Did the Bengals just go to the Super Bowl with a 2nd year coach and 2nd year QB?

Did the Rams go to the Super Bowl with Goff and Gurley...pay them big money...lose in the Super Bowl....move on from both of them....then go back to the Super Bowl with a different QB...add a different core of big money players (Ramsey, OBJ, Von Miller)...win the Super Bowl....move on from OBJ, Von Miller....add Bobby Wagner, pay Matt Stafford...and are loaded for another run?

I simply do not want to hear about another "process"!!

Here is what I can promise you....if Jerry had a mandate that he has to go a step further next year...than he did the year before...he would have made different decisions this offseason. Nothing was done to win NEXT year!!!!

BAT and DBOY3141 like this.
  5. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    22,404 Messages
    27,527 Likes Received
    With guys like Jerry and son in the FO, it'd be difficult at best for anyone to go deep into the playoffs, much less win it all. Stephen needs to get real and do more in veteran FA if this team is ever fortunate enough to contend seriously. Our FO rid the team of lots of experienced veterans in 2022. Making up for that loss by replacing them with rookies and otherwise inexperienced players isn't likely to equal a 12-5 season. Will McClay can only do so much to counteract the questionable decisions that our FO makes. I also seriously doubt the FO allows him total freedom to run the draft without meddling.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    MountaineerCowboy likes this.
  6. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

3,627 Messages
    2,754 Likes Received
    They are in pretty good position to win in 2022 and if what they have done works, they will be even better in 2023. You say they did nothing. That thinking is flawed. They have done something. It looks like they are adding young players with a good work ethic and attitude. They should have at least 20 players on the roster in their 1st or 2nd year. Will this work and make the team better? If they hit on this draft, it very well could. Time will tell and we will see.

7. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    22,404 Messages
    27,527 Likes Received
    I doubt the returning of Vince Lombardi and even Jesus, himself, could overcome our FO's miscues. :oops:

Risen Star likes this.
  8. NoLuv4Jerry

7,028 Messages
    3,888 Likes Received
    So they are better at WR with CeeDee, injured Gallup and a 3rd rookie from South Alabama?
    So the Cowboys lost 2 starting OL from last year...and you are better with a 21 year old rookie from Tulsa?
    I think the DL is the same as last year
    I think the DB will be the same as last year (depending on what happens with Boss Man Fat)
    I think the RB position got older...which is not better when both are injury prone

I am hopeful these rookie help us one day....but I cannot see how are better NEXT year.

9. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

3,627 Messages
    2,754 Likes Received
    They are fine at wr with Lamb, Gallup, Tolbert, Washington, and Brown.
    I think that Smith will be an upgrade over Williams at left guard.
    I think that the dline is improved with Fowler, Williams, and Ridgeway,
    The secondary is good.
    Running back is fine.
    Having Quinn in his 2nd year is awesome.
    The Cowboys should be the favorite to win the division and can compete against any NFC team.

10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

33,388 Messages
    17,902 Likes Received
  11. DonaldM

DonaldM Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    We have a solid team we just need to figure out how to cheat better like the Astros and Patriots.

12. NoLuv4Jerry

7,028 Messages
    3,888 Likes Received
    I hope you are right...but they were easily handled by the 49ers in their own building and the 49ers were not even the best team in the NFC West

13. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

3,627 Messages
    2,754 Likes Received
    They lost to the 49ers by 6 points. The 49ers beat the Rams twice. Once by 21 points.

stilltheguru likes this.
  14. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

45,979 Messages
    30,638 Likes Received
    Looks like you didnt understand anything I said. And you appear to be the exact type of fan I was talking about.

15. panchucko

panchucko It's Back

4,112 Messages
    2,569 Likes Received
    I didn’t listen but did he say that? Never ever take thunder from Jerry. He will be on the next train out

john van brocklin likes this.
  16. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

22,303 Messages
    21,296 Likes Received
    Of course he did not say that!
    Will is nobody's dummy !
    :lmao2:

panchucko likes this.
  17. NoLuv4Jerry

7,028 Messages
    3,888 Likes Received
    It's fan like you that make the Jones richer and richer every year....the 49ers....came into Dallas...and socked us in the mouth. If we played them 10 times on a neutral field...they would beat us 7 times.

18. NoLuv4Jerry

7,028 Messages
    3,888 Likes Received
    Any fan that spins last year as the arrow pointing up....needs to get their vision checked.

19. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

45,979 Messages
    30,638 Likes Received
    like I said you clearly didn’t get what I said. Reading comprehension must be a problem.

but let’s address your words. So 7-9 to 12-5 is pointing down?

Some fans just need to cry I guess.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  20. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

3,627 Messages
    2,754 Likes Received
    Lol, the Cowboys could easily beat them. The Cowboys were favored and were 1 play away from winning even when they played badly. Wilson was inches from catching that ball on the 11 yardline. If he pulls that in it looked like they would have scored and won the game.