News: Will McClay not interested in Texans GM job

TwentyOne

Reaction score
How did I discredit him?

McClay is probably paid well with zero accountability. Why would he leave again?

First off all you know that is not true.

Everybody is held accountable. Or do you think he would keep his job if he didnt do a good one ?

Second you discredited his work (and so him) by assuming he doesnt care because he does not have to fear any consequences.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
First off all you know that is not true.

Everybody is held accountable. Or do you think he would keep his job if he didnt do a good one ?

Second you discredited his work (and so him) by assuming he doesnt care because he does not have to fear any consequences.
You should know good and well how accountability works in Dallas. Put McClay on 30 other franchises and he is held to a different standard. The Joneses are extremely lenient in comparison. The average shelf life of an NFL GM is three years these days. So why would he venture out into a world that cutthroat? All you have to do is look at what the Jets and Texans did to their GMs over the past few months.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
You should know good and well how accountability works in Dallas. Put McClay on 30 other franchises and he is held to a different standard. The Joneses are extremely lenient in comparison. The average shelf life of an NFL GM is three years these days. So why would he venture out into a world that cutthroat? All you have to do is look at what the Jets and Texans did to their GMs over the past few months.

No, i dont know how you think accountabllility works.

I know that Alexander our OL coach was released also our OC.
If you dont produce you get fired. Maybe we give them more wiggle room. But they are all held accountable for their actions. And players too (see the Dez Bryant for instance).

Also why would he leave here when he is successfull in his job ? And even if he doesnt have the title he is treated like a GM here.
He also is now with Dallas for a long time (he was here way before he got the job he has now).

I do think there is more to deciding where you want to stay then just being afraid of losing your job (like you put it). Again this guy is doing great for us. Maybe he likes the surrounding here, likes the people he can work together with. Feeling satisfied and having great people around you is also something to consider. Why risk losing this by taking another job ? You never know what you get when you change it.

Maybe this guy is not all about the money ? Maybe he has some character ?!

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
A Title means nothing - if the money is right YOU GO JERRY keep WILL HAPPY :flagwave: