Twitter: Will McClay On The Ticket

Batman1980

Reaction score

No surprise here. Love what we have.

But if Iloka continues to run third team, I wonder if they cut him at the final roster paring and then look at Berry after week 1.

The Jeff Heath conundrum aside, are they really willing to go into the season with the likes of Frazier and Donovan Wilson as the reserves?

What's wrong with Kavon Frazier?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Saying "we like what we have" but then adding the "we are always looking out for opportunities" is pretty intellectually insulting when you think about it.

It is actually common sense and exactly what all 32 teams do. Nothing intellectually insulting at all.
And, I'm sure almost all the players say to themselves (and anyone willing to listen) 'I like where I am at but am always looking for opportunities.'

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, when we signed Iloka, I said that he was not an upgrade and this board pretty much said I didn't know what I was talking about. Asked me if I watch any Football besides the Cowboys. I just hope he is not a waste of money.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
heath is very undervalued by the fans unfortunatly

That's because he sucks. He has no starting value what so ever. His value is backup and special teams and its the ONLY place he belongs. He is 100% the WEAKEST link on our football team on either side of the football. He was statistically the WORST safety against the run last year.

HE also goofed on the final first down last year that ended our season on the GOFF rollout run.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Heath is solid and makes plays.

They should replace him but no need to force it.

Makes plays? As in "what is that 1 in a million talk"? LOL

Over the 3 years he has started he has made a very FEW number of great plays. No more then any other scrub would make by simply being on the field for that long.

But the amount of whiffed tackles and horrid plays far and away drowns out any handful of plays over 3 or 4 years.

slick325

Reaction score
Heath doesn't need to be a starter but he is someone that can make my football team anytime as quality depth and spot action. The more he is on the field, his weaknesses can be exposed and exploited. He should be a backup.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That would be outstanding if they were challenged to explain themselves.

They also supposedly were good bypassing their pick of the draft's top safeties and instead went with Hill. The same was said about Earl Thomas.

Part of that argument is that they love Woods.

Okay, then how about a little bit more information. Perhaps then you quit getting asked the question.

Saying "we like what we have" but then adding the "we are always looking out for opportunities" is pretty intellectually insulting when you think about it.

I loved it when sports journalist actually used to do research and ask those kind of questions. Now, it seems like all we get is either sound bites or someone offering analysis. As a journalist who demands that his reporters ask the difficult questions, it makes me sad that sports journalism has mostly gone the way of ESPN.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

No surprise here. Love what we have.

But if Iloka continues to run third team, I wonder if they cut him at the final roster paring and then look at Berry after week 1.

The Jeff Heath conundrum aside, are they really willing to go into the season with the likes of Frazier and Donovan Wilson as the reserves?

I can see Jeff Heath taking a really bad (almost on purpose) angle in a future playoff game. A couple missed FGs. Presto...Next season.

gimmesix

Reaction score
heath is very undervalued by the fans unfortunatly

I like Heath as a free safety or as a reserve. He's out of position at strong safety because he isn't strong against the run. We need the starter at that position to be someone who can cover the short zones while diagnosing quickly if it is a run and coming up to fill, hitting the right hole, taking the right angle, etc. If we were playing primarily two-deep, Heath's coverage ability might be good enough, but we are playing a lot of single-high safety.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I still don't think he will take a nothing contract to continue to play. Makes sense that teams would want to shy away from guaranteed money.

Folks say stuff like this every year yet we rarely see Week 2 signings

gimmesix

Reaction score
Heath doesn't need to be a starter but he is someone that can make my football team anytime as quality depth and spot action. The more he is on the field, his weaknesses can be exposed and exploited. He should be a backup.

Those who want him cut make reasonable arguments against him starting get overlooked. He's good deep-safety depth. When we've played him back, he's been solid. In fact, the reason he got a chance to start was his play as a reserve deep safety. Like with Alan Ball's move to free safety failed, the Cowboys just seem to think because a player looks pretty good at one position that means he can handle a different position with some different key responsibilities.