Twitter: Will McClay On The Ticket

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Makes plays? As in "what is that 1 in a million talk"? LOL

Over the 3 years he has started he has made a very FEW number of great plays. No more then any other scrub would make by simply being on the field for that long.

But the amount of whiffed tackles and horrid plays far and away drowns out any handful of plays over 3 or 4 years.

Yeah.. We've been over this and I just don't see Heath as the bumbling fool in the secondary that you do.

Replace him fine. I'm all for it. Just don't force it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah.. We've been over this and I just don't see Heath as the bumbling fool in the secondary that you do.

Replace him fine. I'm all for it. Just don't force it.

Force what? What does that mean?

He is bad. The eye test bares that out, the statistics bare that out. And he's NOT getting better.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
2 INTs a season really only shows up when your defense is not grabbing many picks.

In Chicago, Marinelli overvalued Chris Conte. Same kind of player. Loved him. Then eventually they paid for that devotion after Rodgers burned him to go to the Super Bowl.

That’s why I call him Rod Mari-smelly. I also call him that because I have the sense of humor of a five-year-old.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Force what? What does that mean?

He is bad. The eye test bares that out, the statistics bare that out. And he's NOT getting better.

I mean don't overspend or overdraft for someone because Jeff Heath is on the team because it's not a big deal if he has to play. He's fine.

erod

Reaction score
Can Eric Berry stay on the field for more than 10 minutes?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
heath is very undervalued by the fans unfortunatly
Nope, hopelessly overrated by this fan base.

I think it's because the average Cowboys fan is a 5'11" white guy who thinks he could have been an NFL safety if things would have just gone a little differently.

Heath is abysmal.

Jipper

Reaction score

I think it's because the average Cowboys fan is a 5'11" white guy who thinks he could have been an NFL safety if things would have just gone a little differently.

Heath is abysmal.

he is a starting caliber nfl safety, hes average and not any where near abysmal espically when used to compliment his skilll set. Also, i don't think the fan base over rates him, i think its the opposite....and by the way, race baiting on here isnt allowed so you should watch what you put into your posts, no reason to bring that up.

cern

Reaction score
Mcclay's good at picking players. Richard is good at coaching them. Camp just started. D-backs play as a unit.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I mean don't overspend or overdraft for someone because Jeff Heath is on the team because it's not a big deal if he has to play. He's fine.

LOL...…….don't replace the worst starter on our team because he sucks?

Great advice.

Praxit

Reaction score
...everything was good until Heath came up. I like the guy, but we need someone who is going to take the ball away.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The second one implies third team. As in, "unless there are injuries, Iloka currently will not make the team."
Unless he plays special team, he wont make the team as a reserve. They will go with Frazier and Wilson. Heath likely would if Iloka becomes the starter.

I think the idea is for there to be a time share at SS with Lloka playing run downs and Heath passing downs. Even with that said, if he gets challeneged by the younger Frazier or Wilson he might be gone

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Heath is abysmal.

Except Heath is over 6-1 and runs a 4.48 forty.

Very few average fans could come close to his performance measurable(s).

Fans might have been able to pretend they could have been Bill Bates, but not Heath.

Jeff Heath
Height: 6-1
Weight: 209
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.70
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 10’6”
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36
3-Cone Drill: 6.88

That 3-cone is better than many NFL CBs:
CB Kyle Fuller 6.90
CB A. J. Bouye 7.06

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Except Heath is over 6-1 and runs a 4.48 forty.

Very few average fans could come close to his performance measurable(s).

Fans might have been able to pretend they could have been Bill Bates, but not Heath.

Jeff Heath
Height: 6-1
Weight: 209
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.70
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 10’6”
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36
3-Cone Drill: 6.88

That 3-cone is better than many NFL CBs:
CB Kyle Fuller 6.90
CB A. J. Bouye 7.06
@risenstar would blow those numbers out of the water.
It's a good thing he chose to stay away from that NFL. It just wouldn't have been fair.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless he plays special team, he wont make the team as a reserve. They will go with Frazier and Wilson. Heath likely would if Iloka becomes the starter.

I think the idea is for there to be a time share at SS with Lloka playing run downs and Heath passing downs. Even with that said, if he gets challeneged by the younger Frazier or Wilson he might be gone
I assume Iloka will be the top reserve. And that's if Heath doesn't play himself out of the starting role, which I think he'll keep until he has a bad game tackling, which shouldn't take too long.

When McClay or the Cowboys make this statement about feeling "good" about current players, does anyone in the media cover the team ask them to explain why they feel good about them, such as how do you explain feeling good about Heath when he was subpar against the run last year?
The second one implies third team. As in, "unless there are injuries, Iloka currently will not make the team."

They will carry 4 or 5 Safeties.

HT.........WT..........Player
5-11 .... 202 ...... Xavier Woods
6-1 ...... 212 ...... Jeff Heath
6-0 ...... 204 ...... Donovan Wilson
6-2 ...... 211 ...... Darian Thompson
6-4 ...... 225 ...... George Iloka
6-0 ...... 220 ...... Kavon Frazier

Thompson: 16 starts at FS in 2017 (Giants).

Iloka: 3 starts in 2018, 16 starts in 2017 (Vikings, Bengals).