Will McClay speaks on Thursday

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:popcorn: may even need a 2nd bag :popcorn:

Hope he enlightens some on how the drafts unfold, so we can understand some of the moves. Rather we agree or disagree, or those who think they know, rather right or wrong. None of us all all the inner workings of if and how fast it changes. Unless any of us ever worked in a draft room or for a team.

Jkyle

Reaction score
The Cowboys Director of Scouting was on the most recent Hanging with the Boys Podcast and he provided a bunch of useful information on the Draft process from last weekend.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

Hope he enlightens some on how the drafts unfold, so we can understand some of the moves. Rather we agree or disagree, or those who think they know, rather right or wrong. None of us all all the inner workings of if and how fast it changes. Unless any of us ever worked in a draft room or for a team.

It won’t matter Jazzcat as some on this site knows all and can do a much better job then the one they’re doing know as the fry guy at McD’s.

CWR

Reaction score

Talking Cowboys said it was Richard that gave a passionate speech about drafting the DT and improving our pass rush. He told the staff he couldn't coach his safetys into improving the pass rush. Most were killing Marinelli for the pick when it seems Richard had a large share of the responsibility as well. (I say Richard but they actually said the secondary coach or assistant coach, so Im assuming it was him.)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talking Cowboys said it was Richard that gave a passionate speech about drafting the DT and improving our pass rush. He told the staff he couldn't coach his safetys into improving the pass rush. Most were killing Marinelli for the pick when it seems Richard had a large share of the responsibility as well. (I say Richard but they actually said the secondary coach or assistant coach, so Im assuming it was him.)

Nice. I mean, it was stupid to think the defensive coordinator was the guy behind the team’s first pick in the first place, but it’s nice to find out it was the prodigal son going to bat in the war room, anyway.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He will be on the Talkin' Cowboys podcast Thursday.
I'm sure he will give some good insight on the draft picks and the process involved in each.
It's the final The Draft Show podcast Thursday. I'll probably pass. If I have to hear the guy has great traits. And the other guy was a blinking light. I'll lose it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It won’t matter Jazzcat as some on this site knows all and can do a much better job then the one they’re doing know as the fry guy at McD’s.

Yes, anyone who dares hold the folks who run the cowboys accountable for actual results must be making fries. Thats a great perspective. Might as well shut the board down now and order our pom poms.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yes, anyone who dares hold the folks who run the cowboys accountable for actual results must be making fries. Thats a great perspective. Might as well shut the board down now and order our pom poms.

You have no power to hold them accountable other the to ***** and whine. No matter what McClay says you will have more resources and more expertise to have done it better. I’m not saying to not have an opinion but for people to act like the can do better without all the resources an NFL team has is just lunacy.

Last edited:

Techsass

Reaction score
He's been on air a lot lately. I seem to keep getting in the car at the tail end, but I did hear a good bit from him on The Fan.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
KR is auditioning for a HC job via DC platform. If not Garrett it will be someone else. Im in the fire JG hire KR camp. If nothing else it is different bc the same old same old is tired and ok but not championship worthy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's been on air a lot lately. I seem to keep getting in the car at the tail end, but I did hear a good bit from him on The Fan.
McClay has been especially chatty this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KR is auditioning for a HC job via DC platform. If not Garrett it will be someone else. Im in the fire JG hire KR camp. If nothing else it is different bc the same old same old is tired and ok but not championship worthy.

I'd fire Richard right now. I'd let Jourdan Lewis have the honors of telling him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m gonna break it down to you guys. If the pick was a good one. it was McClay who made the pick. Bad pick. It was either Jerry or Garrett or Marinelli’s fault.

Jerry was the guy who pushed for Ware over Spears. Jerry made the call to take McGovern instead of trading down. Jerry makes some good decisions.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Nice. I mean, it was stupid to think the defensive coordinator was the guy behind the team’s first pick in the first place, but it’s nice to find out it was the prodigal son going to bat in the war room, anyway.
Have that same sass in your voice at the end of the year when your boy is gone.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have no power to hold them accountable other the to ***** and whine. No matter what McClay says you will have more resources and more expertise to have done it better. I’m not saying to not have an opinion but for people to act like the can do better without all the resources an NFL team has is just lunacy.

Fans actually have a lot of power when enough of them feel a certain way. We are the reason the NFL exists after all and the league is constantly adapting to public opinion and perception.

In regard to folks who think they can do better, I would say that if given 23 seasons, YOU could do better than the jones boys. Jerry is an oil man/ business man who bought himself and his son jobs. Its really that simple. Nobody would be hiring these clowns if they didn't own a team. They have no talent for football.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He will be on the Talkin' Cowboys podcast Thursday.
I'm sure he will give some good insight on the draft picks and the process involved in each.
It's not Talkin' Cowboys on Thursday, it's the Draft Show. So if you want to hear what will McClay has to say about this years draft, be sure you tune into the right show. 11am central time.