Will Niners Out-physical the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Jan 11, 2022.

1. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

14,070 Messages
    5,277 Likes Received
    And that's the main thing in all the losses this year except the Tampa game. Slow starts and then us playing catching up in the second half. If Dallas jumps on them from the beginning, the game is in our favor. If not, it could be a long Saturday afternoon.

ryanbabs likes this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Active Member

262 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Their busy working on that bulletin board with all the material. They had to bring in a second bulletin board.

3. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

53,953 Messages
    47,939 Likes Received
    I feel like if you win a game up down 17-0 to the best team in your division...its kind of flukey but aye you never know I feel the Rams were overhyped either way.

blueblood70 likes this.
  4. TheMarathonContinues

53,953 Messages
    47,939 Likes Received
    Hmmm...Dak doesn't have the ability to right the ship against "better defenses" but Jimmy G does?

Mind you....49ers aren't "one of the better defenses" lol.

5. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,959 Messages
    28,645 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are a more talented team than the 49ers. They are a more explosive team on both sides of the ball. They will win this game as long as it doesn’t turn into a physical, blue-collar brawl of a football game.

6. irving

irving Well-Known Member

518 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    If Dallas wins the game the Niners physicality will not have mattered, physicality alone will not win the game. The team that executes the best in all three phases will win the game.

7. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Well-Known Member

1,607 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    lol….yah, and the same team that came back and beat them, at their place, with lose or go home pressure on them, and having to score on their final drive. You homers are unbelievable. Look at the first part of the game that supports your agenda, then ignore the facts and outcome.

8. TheMarathonContinues

53,953 Messages
    47,939 Likes Received
    No are confused. I never said the 49ers were a bad team. What i'm saying is this the team that was down 0-17 to the Rams? Is this not a 10 win team? Marks like you trying to tell me they are unbeatable or something. They aren't. If they beat the Cowboys you will be the first one I give a cookie to for being right.

9. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Well-Known Member

1,607 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    I like cookies but I hope you don’t have to give me one.

10. TheMarathonContinues

53,953 Messages
    47,939 Likes Received
    Well I can't tell....calling me a homer because I said they were down 0-17 to the Rams lol? You seemed bothered.

11. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

3,873 Messages
    1,576 Likes Received

Personally I think the Cowboy Defense with Parsons, Gregory, Lawrence and Diggs will be well prepared
    by Quinn in this one. I look for the Cowboy Defense to bring some physicality to the 49ers they haven't seen
    this year. I'm more concerned which Cowboy offense shows up. Look for the difference makers on offense
    to be Pollard and Cedric Wilson.

12. coachharden

coachharden New Member

9 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    You need to punch the gorilla in the mouth for a full 60 minutes like the 49ers were able to do. They outlasted LA in doing that. LA wasn’t as tough. Every Dallas player needs to outplay/ out tough his 49er opponent in his box of responsibility on every play for 60 minutes. If they are able to do that, we win.

13. TheMarathonContinues

53,953 Messages
    47,939 Likes Received
    So they went down 0-17 after they punched them in the mouth?

14. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,320 Messages
    12,222 Likes Received
    we have to control their run game. we can't allow 8, 9 minute drives.....

Yobwocs and ryanbabs like this.
  15. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

7,471 Messages
    9,582 Likes Received
    This game is all about the Cowboys offense. If they play well, they win. If they look off, as they did against Arizona, Denver, and Los Vegas, they will lose. Defenses today rarely shut opponents down completely. The Cowboys are not going to shut down the 49ers offense. But the goal is to stop them a few drives and force some punts. Then if the offense can take advantage of those possessions, they will win. If we see a lot of 3 and outs early, we are in for a long sad day.

16. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,630 Messages
    12,095 Likes Received
    I totally disagree. Not the second half of the season he’s no longer doing it

17. SportsGuru80

SportsGuru80 CowboysYanksLakers

8,527 Messages
    4,409 Likes Received
    LOL

18. JustChip

JustChip Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    4,409 Messages
    4,048 Likes Received
    I know the pervasive thought is Denver ran all over the Cowboys and that’s how they won the game. I was at that game and the problem was zero points by the offense and Teddy Bridgewater was as on point as he’s ever been. He was just in a zone. But even with that, this team was in position to make it a 1 score game with the blocked punt on Denver’s first drive if the 2nd half. Unfortunately, the blocked punt didn’t go the Cowboys way and all momentum was gone.

Bottom line is if Jimmy G does an A Rod imitation and the Cowboys offense goes o-fer in the first half, San Fran will win. I don’t believe those will happen, but we’ll know by about 5 CST Sunday.

By the way, the same would be true if we were playing AZ.

19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

42,275 Messages
    20,688 Likes Received
    Bridgewater had a very solid game against us but he wasn’t that great. We didn’t lose because of him. He was able to manage the game because Denver ran all over us for 190 yards. It was our inability to stop the run and tackle that killed us in that game. Denver completely manhandled us upfront. This is why many fans are concerned about San Francisco. They win battles in the trenches and can run the ball. If we can’t contain their running game they’ll control the ball and we’ll lose.

20. JustChip

JustChip Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    4,409 Messages
    4,048 Likes Received
    He made a number of beautiful, precision throws over the underneath coverage and the receiver in stride for conversions. The running game isn’t as powerful if he doesn’t hit those.

But my point more is that the offense not producing in the 1st half, largely due to 2 failed 4th down conversions, contributed more to the loss than Denver’s running game.