Will Niners Out-physical the Cowboys?

StylisticS

Reaction score
We can absolutely not afford to start out slowly and be playing from behind.
And that's the main thing in all the losses this year except the Tampa game. Slow starts and then us playing catching up in the second half. If Dallas jumps on them from the beginning, the game is in our favor. If not, it could be a long Saturday afternoon.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Our players are awfully quiet on social media right now... They are privately pissed at the disrespect I bet.

Their busy working on that bulletin board with all the material. They had to bring in a second bulletin board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
not fluke but a gift for sure, rams after they got up seemed content to win or lose and their qb gift wrapped the game.. :)
I feel like if you win a game up down 17-0 to the best team in your division...its kind of flukey but aye you never know I feel the Rams were overhyped either way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they came back and beat one of the best teams in the NFC. They have the assets to exploit our weaknesses

We can win but it can easily be a loss if things go sour because Dak does not have the ability to right the ship against better defenses
Hmmm...Dak doesn't have the ability to right the ship against "better defenses" but Jimmy G does?

Mind you....49ers aren't "one of the better defenses" lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys are a more talented team than the 49ers. They are a more explosive team on both sides of the ball. They will win this game as long as it doesn’t turn into a physical, blue-collar brawl of a football game.

irving

Reaction score
If Dallas wins the game the Niners physicality will not have mattered, physicality alone will not win the game. The team that executes the best in all three phases will win the game.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I'm really shocked at the love the 49ers are getting from the media and "experts"....was this not the same team that was just down 0-17 to the Rams?

lol….yah, and the same team that came back and beat them, at their place, with lose or go home pressure on them, and having to score on their final drive. You homers are unbelievable. Look at the first part of the game that supports your agenda, then ignore the facts and outcome.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol….yah, and the same team that came back and beat them, at their place, with lose or go home pressure on them, and having to score on their final drive. You homers are unbelievable. Look at the first part of the game that supports your agenda, then ignore the facts and outcome.

No are confused. I never said the 49ers were a bad team. What i'm saying is this the team that was down 0-17 to the Rams? Is this not a 10 win team? Marks like you trying to tell me they are unbeatable or something. They aren't. If they beat the Cowboys you will be the first one I give a cookie to for being right.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
No are confused. I never said the 49ers were a bad team. What i'm saying is this the team that was down 0-17 to the Rams? Is this not a 10 win team? Marks like you trying to tell me they are unbeatable or something. They aren't. If they beat the Cowboys you will be the first one I give a cookie to for being right.

I like cookies but I hope you don’t have to give me one.

garyv

Reaction score
Will the Niners be able to " Out-physical "the Cowboys ?

Can the better NFL teams " Out-physical " the Cowboys ?

- Much is already made how the Niners out-physical the Rams.
Especially with their Shanahan design run schemes, that led to Grapp play action that
makes him operate much better.
Will they be able to Out -physical the Cowboys in same sense ?

Can teams out-physical us on both sides of the ball ?

- Rod Marinelli – teams could run the ball on his D” ... ( ala Rams playoff game loss with near 300 rushing)

- Mike Nolan – we probably set and broke records vs the run with woeful run D” ever;

- Dan Quinn - there were instances where teams like, Carolina, NY Giants (2nd game) , Denver KC Chiefs,
Even Philly 2nd -3rd stringers surprisingly ran well vs most of our starters...

Personally I think the Cowboy Defense with Parsons, Gregory, Lawrence and Diggs will be well prepared
by Quinn in this one. I look for the Cowboy Defense to bring some physicality to the 49ers they haven't seen
this year. I'm more concerned which Cowboy offense shows up. Look for the difference makers on offense
to be Pollard and Cedric Wilson.

coachharden

Reaction score
I'm really shocked at the love the 49ers are getting from the media and "experts"....was this not the same team that was just down 0-17 to the Rams?

You need to punch the gorilla in the mouth for a full 60 minutes like the 49ers were able to do. They outlasted LA in doing that. LA wasn’t as tough. Every Dallas player needs to outplay/ out tough his 49er opponent in his box of responsibility on every play for 60 minutes. If they are able to do that, we win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You need to punch the gorilla in the mouth for a full 60 minutes like the 49ers were able to do. They outlasted LA in doing that. LA wasn’t as tough. Every Dallas player needs to outplay/ out tough his 49er opponent in his box of responsibility on every play for 60 minutes. If they are able to do that, we win.
So they went down 0-17 after they punched them in the mouth?

Creeper

Reaction score
This game is all about the Cowboys offense. If they play well, they win. If they look off, as they did against Arizona, Denver, and Los Vegas, they will lose. Defenses today rarely shut opponents down completely. The Cowboys are not going to shut down the 49ers offense. But the goal is to stop them a few drives and force some punts. Then if the offense can take advantage of those possessions, they will win. If we see a lot of 3 and outs early, we are in for a long sad day.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the other problems is.. LVE is a sucka for mis-direction plays. Too often easily fooled on such schemes and designs.
So that's also gonna be a challenge and we cannot lay it all on just Parsons when it comes to the overall LB play .
I totally disagree. Not the second half of the season he’s no longer doing it

JustChip

Reaction score
The bottom line is they had to win last week and they did and they did it on the road. The Rams under McVay were something like 45-0 leading at half time and the 49ers overcame a 17 point deficit. They’re a very physical team that can run the football and that’s exactly the type of team we’ve had a lot of trouble with. That’s how Denver killed us earlier in the season. This is a tough matchup for the Cowboys. We’ll find out very early in the game if we’re going to be able to match their physicality.
I know the pervasive thought is Denver ran all over the Cowboys and that’s how they won the game. I was at that game and the problem was zero points by the offense and Teddy Bridgewater was as on point as he’s ever been. He was just in a zone. But even with that, this team was in position to make it a 1 score game with the blocked punt on Denver’s first drive if the 2nd half. Unfortunately, the blocked punt didn’t go the Cowboys way and all momentum was gone.

Bottom line is if Jimmy G does an A Rod imitation and the Cowboys offense goes o-fer in the first half, San Fran will win. I don’t believe those will happen, but we’ll know by about 5 CST Sunday.

By the way, the same would be true if we were playing AZ.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know the pervasive thought is Denver ran all over the Cowboys and that’s how they won the game. I was at that game and the problem was zero points by the offense and Teddy Bridgewater was as on point as he’s ever been. He was just in a zone.

Bridgewater had a very solid game against us but he wasn’t that great. We didn’t lose because of him. He was able to manage the game because Denver ran all over us for 190 yards. It was our inability to stop the run and tackle that killed us in that game. Denver completely manhandled us upfront. This is why many fans are concerned about San Francisco. They win battles in the trenches and can run the ball. If we can’t contain their running game they’ll control the ball and we’ll lose.

JustChip

Reaction score
Bridgewater had a very solid game against us but he wasn’t that great. We didn’t lose because of him. He was able to manage the game because Denver ran all over us for 190 yards.
He made a number of beautiful, precision throws over the underneath coverage and the receiver in stride for conversions. The running game isn’t as powerful if he doesn’t hit those.

But my point more is that the offense not producing in the 1st half, largely due to 2 failed 4th down conversions, contributed more to the loss than Denver’s running game.