Will Romo's commentating get him into the HOF?

cowboyec

Reaction score
it didn't with Dandy Don.....should've in my opinion.
Id put 17 and 9 in there if I ran Canton.
also 54,55,72,79,24,88...among others.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've reviewed the contributor list and still disagree .......all members on that list were directly part of the NFL. Like I said earlier, even Madden is only in as a coach.

*** this I agree with, 100%
Romo will enjoy a stronger opportunity of getting into the Hall if he expands beyond his current broadcasting career. At this point, I gauge Romo's chances as being equal or slightly more than Pat Summerall's, who I believe is a better comparison for Romo than Madden. Summerall is still on the outside of the Hall looking in--metaphorically speaking of course.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I've reviewed the contributor list and still disagree .......all members on that list were directly part of the NFL. Like I said earlier, even Madden is only in as a coach.

*** this I agree with, 100%

Well, I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but it could, theoretically.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Better numbers than Kurt Warner.
He had a little bit better regular season stats with more starts over his career but post-season play is weighted more in HOF consideration (why Eli will probably get in).

- Romo was 2-4 in the playoffs and never even got to an NFCC game.
- Kurt had a 9-4 playoff record, took them to 3 SBs, winning one (MVP).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He had a little bit better regular season stats with more starts over his career but post-season play is weighted more in HOF consideration (why Eli will probably get in).

- Romo was 2-4 in the playoffs and never even got to an NFCC game.
- Kurt had a 9-4 playoff record, took them to 3 SBs, winning one (MVP).

W/L is not QB performance.

droopdog7

Reaction score
With Romo now showing the league just how great of a mind he has for the game, and everyone knew he never was the most physically talented guy... Do you think it pushes him over the edge for a HOF nod?

Can they take it into consideration (I genuinely don't know)?
So has Romo actually shown how great a mind he has for the game? From the booth? How do you know every QB can't do what romo is doing? How about every middle linebacker? Certainly every HC. Probably every D coordinator too.

Some people will forget that Jerry called romo out about halfway through his career because he didn't work hard enough. Compared him to Peyton Manning in a negative.

I'm not saying romo doesn't understand football because he obviously does. I'm not sure what we see in the booth is necessarily special in any way.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
W/L is not QB performance.
It's totally your prerogative to believe that playoff performance and SB wins don't matter for a QB in consideration of the HOF.
Eli has crappier career REGULAR season stats than Romo. Guess which one will get into the HOF and why?

Also:
Warner-- 2x MVP, 2x All Pro, 4x Pro bowler, Walter Payton MOTY, Bert Bell AWD winner.
Romo-- 4x Pro bowler

Maybe in 20 years they might consider sneaking Romo in? I doubt it, especially when passing stats keep going up and up.

MaaS

Reaction score
Lol. It's ridiculous how everything and anything gets over hyped when there's a Dallas connection. This sudden hype train about Romo's commentating is precisely the reason he got so little credit as a QB.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's totally your prerogative to believe that playoff performance and SB wins don't matter for a QB in consideration of the HOF.
Eli has crappier career REGULAR season stats than Romo. Guess which one will get into the HOF and why?

Also:
Warner-- 2x MVP, 2x All Pro, 4x Pro bowler, Walter Payton MOTY, Bert Bell AWD winner.
Romo-- 4x Pro bowler

Maybe in 20 years they might consider sneaking Romo in? I doubt it, especially when passing stats keep going up and up.

You changed your argument from W/L to playoff performance. There is a reason you avoided actual QB performance first.

Eli has no business going in. If he does, it is a worthless honor.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You changed your argument from W/L to playoff performance. There is a reason you avoided actual QB performance first.

Eli has no business going in. If he does, it is a worthless honor.
When you brought up that Romo had better "stats" than Warner, I pulled the trump card that is that Warner won a SB and Romo didn't. You don't have to like it, you can say it's a "team effort", but when a QB wins the SB and is the MVP, that's a much greater accolade than what Romo ever accomplished during the regular season. And their regular season stats aren't that far off, so let's not act like Romo put up bulk stats like Marino. Heck, Phillip Rivers put up over 20K more passing yards than Romo and he's not guaranteed to get in, either. How they played in the big games and winning the Lombardi trump bulk stats in the regular season (unless you put up a bunch of them like Marino).

And yes, Eli "The Mouth Breather" accomplished more in his career than Romo. 2xSB MVP and more bulk stats (including INTs heh) due to the fact that he had an uncanny ability of staying healthy for something like 220+ starts.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
When you brought up that Romo had better "stats" than Warner, I pulled the trump card that is that Warner won a SB and Romo didn't. You don't have to like it, you can say it's a "team effort", but when a QB wins the SB and is the MVP, that's a much greater accolade than what Romo ever accomplished during the regular season. And their regular season stats aren't that far off, so let's not act like Romo put up bulk stats like Marino. Heck, Phillip Rivers put up over 20K more passing yards than Romo and he's not guaranteed to get in, either. How they played in the big games and winning the Lombardi trump bulk stats in the regular season (unless you put up a bunch of them like Marino).

And yes, Eli "The Mouth Breather" accomplished more in his career than Romo. 2xSB MVP and more bulk stats (including INTs heh) due to the fact that he had an uncanny ability of staying healthy for something like 220+ starts.
I stopped when you got to Trump card. I don't respect that mindset, so won't bother going further.