Will Steele Remain

NotForLong

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Collins is gifted the starting position after his 5 game suspension for drugs and bribes should never complain about ‘culture’ in the Cowboys.

Inserting Collins back into the starting lineup after what he did to the team is despicable. Collins is a selfish player who betrayed the team and betrayed his friends and betrayed the fans.

The front office needs to make an example and do what is right. Everyone knows the right move.

This is true . . .
You likely do more harm than good at benching him just to make an example out of him. Reality is I would guess most of the players sympathize with him.

You also have the issue of then benching a capable OT who has $15MM cap hits for the foreseeable future. Trading him, I guess, would make some sense but you are thin at OT. Keeping him, having Steele as a backup swing guy makes this team better.

You are letting emotion get in the way of rational thought.
And this is true

Loso86

Reaction score
Once Collins is back does he get his job back. I love how Steele is playing and I'm sure others feel the same. Yes Collins is making big money, I'd stay with the hot hand, your thoughts???
The hot hand...even the way he's playing its not as good 71. Of course he gets his job back....UNLESS of course the lg is not playing well then mYbe move 71 there but no sir

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think there is any doubt that Collins will go back to the starting lineup, but we now know Steele is a very capable backup.

I'd like to see if he's capable of playing LG too.

Loso86

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Collins is gifted the starting position after his 5 game suspension for drugs and bribes should never complain about ‘culture’ in the Cowboys.

Inserting Collins back into the starting lineup after what he did to the team is despicable. Collins is a selfish player who betrayed the team and betrayed his friends and betrayed the fans.

The front office needs to make an example and do what is right. Everyone knows the right move.
Gifted....he's earned thT position and yea he messed up as do we all. It's a lot of high horses here !

Carson

Reaction score
I'd like to see if he's capable of playing LG too.
He played well at left guard and is left handed. Problem is he’s paid like a tackle who likely won’t want to go back

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think there is any doubt that Collins will go back to the starting lineup, but we now know Steele is a very capable backup.
Imagine Collins at left Guard.....although Williams played well yesterday. Good problem to have

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
This is not about talent. This is about respect. This is about doing the right things both on and off the field. This is about the core of the team.

Who do you trust? Who do you want as a battle buddy?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Did Steele play at Left Tackle in training camp? That is one heck of a swing tackle if he's capable.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Gifted....he's earned thT position and yea he messed up as do we all. It's a lot of high horses here !

Collins quit on the team last year. Didn’t play one down. Now we find out he had to have failed a bunch of drug tests to be in the testing protocol in the first place. The druggie couldn’t even show up for the tests. The liar used whatever excuse he could find. The liar tried to bribe the tester.

No, we all don’t mess up like that.

Trade him or cut him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once Collins is back does he get his job back. I love how Steele is playing and I'm sure others feel the same. Yes Collins is making big money, I'd stay with the hot hand, your thoughts???
Here’s the good news Coogs- we are having this conversation. Never happened with Chaz Green or some of the other backups of recent past.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Steele has played phenomenal, probably my favorite story of the season so far. Like legitimately…

But Collins is an all-pro type of player. I like having Steele as our swing tackle. We have legit depth now.