Will Steele Remain

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It truly amazes me how so many of us feel we can decide what to do with a player and what he does in his private life! The staff and the players know far more than any of us about what's fair and how to best determine what to do with them. We're on the outside looking in, while the staff and those close to these players are in constant contact with them. Let's have some semblance of humility for being in the positions we are in. We know little, at best. Truth. Let's have more confidence in those close to these people to do what's best for them and the team, as well. Realistic thinking demands more logic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JJHLH1

Reaction score
You win with players like Steele who give everything they have in practice, meetings, and games. You don’t win with loser lying druggies. Steele won the right to play and start at RT. Collins should be traded ASAP.

Yep.

Steele by all accounts really dedicated himself during the off-season and his hard work is showing results.

I’d keep Steele the starter if he keeps playing at a high level. Check out his killer block on Zeke’s long run yesterday. Steele pushed his man 10 yards down the field clearing the way for Zeke.

Scroll to 9:50 in the video.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket. Everything this guy’s agent says is true and his client is innocent and being railroaded.

Yet, not one player, teammate, friend, coach, front office person, or players union person has said one word in his favor. The silence speaks volumes.
So what his agent who's close to him says is false but what you say are facts lol gotcha!

zerofill

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Collins is gifted the starting position after his 5 game suspension for drugs and bribes should never complain about ‘culture’ in the Cowboys.

Inserting Collins back into the starting lineup after what he did to the team is despicable. Collins is a selfish player who betrayed the team and betrayed his friends and betrayed the fans.

The front office needs to make an example and do what is right. Everyone knows the right move.

In high school and college it works that way. But, NFL teams in most cases behind the scenes wouldn't care if you shot someone, if you were the best at the position, and they thought they could get away with playing you lol.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Collins gets his job back, but he’s got a short lease and it’s a hell of a “problem” to have

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Once Collins is back does he get his job back. I love how Steele is playing and I'm sure others feel the same. Yes Collins is making big money, I'd stay with the hot hand, your thoughts???

Two years ago, Collins was playing at a Pro Bowl level. He hasn't looked like that this year coming off injury, but I'd give him a chance to see if he can get back to it before turning it over to Steele. From an athletic standpoint, Collins is the better player, but Steele might have more want-to.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Collins is gifted the starting position after his 5 game suspension for drugs and bribes should never complain about ‘culture’ in the Cowboys.

Inserting Collins back into the starting lineup after what he did to the team is despicable. Collins is a selfish player who betrayed the team and betrayed his friends and betrayed the fans.

The front office needs to make an example and do what is right. Everyone knows the right move.

The team knows more about these players than we do. If they were going to make an example out of ones who do "despicable" things, they would likely have to bench more than Collins. I don't see the front office or the other players feeling like you do.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Collins will probably need to go just for salary cap reasons. Looking at the Cowboys on overthecap for next year and on… well… we’re in bad shape

ultron

Reaction score
Collins is better, of course he gets his job back. Unless Dallas wants out of his contract - I’m sure a good lawyer could use bribing a NFL drug sample collector as means for contract termination, but that won’t happen - he’s one of top RT’s in the NFL

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, I didn’t. Doesn’t mean I was not wrong. I was a lot younger and not nearly as wise.

Is one supposed to make the same wrong decision for consistency sake?
You saidvyou can't win with those types of players, so I guess you are wrong....?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Funny when fans talk like this. Can you imagine the trainwreck if someone like this actually ran a team?

What is wrong with emotion? Players play with emotion.

Yes, benching, trading, cutting Collins will send a loud and clear message to the team.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I go with Collins the rest of the year. I would decide Collins future with team in the off-season. Steele needs to be the swing tackle in case of an injury to Smith…

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
2016 Zeke had his best year, who was the right tackle? Doug Free
2021 Zeke having his 2nd best year and the right tackle is? Terrence Steele

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Once Collins is back does he get his job back. I love how Steele is playing and I'm sure others feel the same. Yes Collins is making big money, I'd stay with the hot hand, your thoughts???

I think Steele has done a very good job but I think Collins is still the better player.