Will the NBA rig the draft in favor of the Knicks?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Knicks are one of the 3 worst teams along with the Suns and Cavs. People are tired of the Cavs getting top picks and nobody cares about the Suns. It would be great for the NBA if the Knicks got the best prospect since LeBron in Zion Williamson. I'd be very surprised if the ball didn't roll in favor of the Knicks this year.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
yes, because the NBA has shown that they want a super star in NY. for reference, please see every draft lottery since 1985 that involved the Knicks

EST_1986

Reaction score
yes, because the NBA has shown that they want a super star in NY. for reference, please see every draft lottery since 1985 that involved the Knicks
Can’t rig them all but it’s about time they do again

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Can’t rig them all but it’s about time they do again

Do you realize 1985 was 34 years ago? I don't think winning the lotter in-between would constitute rigging them all. One of two things is obvious. One, either the NBA doesn't rig the lottery or two, the NBA has no interest in rigging the lottery for the Knicks. You pick.

Hardline

Reaction score
I remember 1985 when it was rigged for them to get Patrick Ewing,

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I remember 1985 when it was rigged for them to get Patrick Ewing,

It may have been. I do think there are some years where things have worked out to “scripted” but it’s clear to me that either the NBA no longer rigs lotteries or they have no interest in rigging it to the knicks favor

Johnny23

Reaction score
Zion's going to end up in Chicago trust. We're going to steal this one.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Knicks are one of the 3 worst teams along with the Suns and Cavs. People are tired of the Cavs getting top picks and nobody cares about the Suns. It would be great for the NBA if the Knicks got the best prospect since LeBron in Zion Williamson. I'd be very surprised if the ball didn't roll in favor of the Knicks this year.

Who cares bout the Knicks? lol.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know why the NBA would rig the lottery for the Knicks. That organization is so inept, that they would probably end up screwing up that opportunity as well. IDK.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Also kinda sucks that the new lottery odds go into effect this year. Right now, NY has the worst record in the NBA and has a 14% chance of getting the #1 pick, last year it was 25%. The good side is, while Zion would be a great pick, RJ Barrett and Ja Morant would be as well. Even Cam Reddish *if* we fell to #4 would be a good pick, so I do think we have a chance to improve. What really hurts is Frank Ntilikina just doesn't look like a starting PG, so we just aren't getting much from our 2017 first round pick.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not sure how you rig a lottery of numbers written on ping pong balls and chosen in front of witnesses.