Will we repeat as NFCE Champs? Will that give us the juice?

J-man

Reaction score
In the preseason I picked Dallas to have a 10-6 record. I predicted that they would finally break the cycle and repeat as the NFCE Champs. And I said they could get to the NFC Championship game and quite possibly have a real shot to win the whole dang thing.

Well the 10-6 record went out the window! After the disappointing 4-3 start, when they should have been 6-1 at the bye week, I amended that prediction and said they would be lucky to get to 9-7, but quite possibly would finish with an 8-8 record, again.
If they lose to Philly Sunday, they could end up just folding against the skins in week 17 to finish 7-9.
They still have a shot to buck the trend and become NFCE Champs. With a win vs Philly Sunday they get the Banner and a play-off berth.
Which will it be?

If they do win Sunday it could mean that they have turned the corner on the season for the better. And it could be that they would be the team that no-one wants to face in the play-offs.

My gut says they will find a way to lose Sunday and piss away the NFCE and another promising season will be lost to mediocrity, again.

But my heart says they will win and win big! They will dominate the weakened igglets and look like the unstoppable offense we saw early in the season and against the Rams. This will give them the confidence they need to dispatch the hapless skins again, as they should. That 3 game domination will give them the juice that they had lost early in the year and they will ride that hot streak into the playoffs to be a major contender for another ring. (It's my dream let me run with it)

Does this team have what it takes to make that run? Will they let the dysfunction of the franchise derail them again? Or, can they overcome all odds and still win the NFCE, get to the NFCC or even the SB?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only odds we need to overcome our themselves. Can they win the east? absolutely, will they? depends which team shows up the 7 win team or the 7 loss team.

Reaction score
It's a win/win.

Very nice if the Cowboys win.

If they lose, Garrett is almost certainly gone. He should be gone anyway, but a loss on Sunday should seal it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Win the NFCE 2 years in a row, which has not been done in about 15 years. That will give Jerry the juice to keep Garrett. :eek:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d be surprised if we don’t beat that banged up shell of a team in Philly. With that said, even with “juice” at some point most likely, coaching will matter and that has been our roadblock for all but 4 of the last 25 years...

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I can see Dak aggravating his shoulder early and getting knocked out of the game thus giving Philly the win and the crown.

NorTex

Reaction score
If our defense shows up like they did in the first meeting, it's a fairly easy win, and we are repeat Champs! If not, it'll be a dogfight that comes down to the last possession.

We're missing LVE this time around but we've added Bennett. Lee and Woods are coming off good games...I like our chances that the defense shows up and we put Philly away by the end of the 3rd Qtr.
:flagwave:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Can we win the NFC East? Of course. I've seen nothing to suggest we can beat a very good and well coached team after (if) we do.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the preseason I picked Dallas to have a 10-6 record. I predicted that they would finally break the cycle and repeat as the NFCE Champs. And I said they could get to the NFC Championship game and quite possibly have a real shot to win the whole dang thing.

Well the 10-6 record went out the window! After the disappointing 4-3 start, when they should have been 6-1 at the bye week, I amended that prediction and said they would be lucky to get to 9-7, but quite possibly would finish with an 8-8 record, again.
If they lose to Philly Sunday, they could end up just folding against the skins in week 17 to finish 7-9.
They still have a shot to buck the trend and become NFCE Champs. With a win vs Philly Sunday they get the Banner and a play-off berth.
Which will it be?

If they do win Sunday it could mean that they have turned the corner on the season for the better. And it could be that they would be the team that no-one wants to face in the play-offs.

My gut says they will find a way to lose Sunday and piss away the NFCE and another promising season will be lost to mediocrity, again.

But my heart says they will win and win big! They will dominate the weakened igglets and look like the unstoppable offense we saw early in the season and against the Rams. This will give them the confidence they need to dispatch the hapless skins again, as they should. That 3 game domination will give them the juice that they had lost early in the year and they will ride that hot streak into the playoffs to be a major contender for another ring. (It's my dream let me run with it)

Does this team have what it takes to make that run? Will they let the dysfunction of the franchise derail them again? Or, can they overcome all odds and still win the NFCE, get to the NFCC or even the SB?

This is about the juiciest we get in the playoffs....

johneric8

Reaction score
I heard here on this forum that our talent is overrated and there are simply quite a few teams just MORE talented than we are, therefor, even with a great coach we would still lose in the playoffs. @Diehardblues
I heard it here, it must be true.. Having said that, I still believe from top to bottom we are one of the most talented teams in the league without a doubt, but I'm betting on the wheels falling off because of our lack of a disciplinary as a coach and an absolute abysmal GM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I heard here on this forum that our talent is overrated and there are simply quite a few teams just MORE talented than we are, therefor, even with a great coach we would still lose in the playoffs. @Diehardblues
I heard it here, it must be true.. Having said that, I still believe from top to bottom we are one of the most talented teams in the league without a doubt, but I'm betting on the wheels falling off because of our lack of a disciplinary as a coach and an absolute abysmal GM.
I said over hyped .

And that we didn’t look better than any of the Final 4 teams last year and not better than the playoff teams we’ve lost to this year like NE, NO, GB and Minn.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Winning the NFC East this season is no real accomplishment other than it punches your ticket to host a playoff game. The visiting team will be favored for good reason.