Williams for Martavius Bryant. Get it done!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am sure I will get some push back, but I would do this trade in half a heartbeat. Give me a guy that wants the ball with those type of skills. And he would be the perfect compliment to Bryant with the speed he has.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Great talent probably a real bad fit in Dallas. Could probably have him for almost nothing at this point. Do you Cowboys need a headache like him. I mean he is destroying himself.

The guy wants to play and get the ball. Heck of a talent. Would Dez complain if he was getting 2 targets a game for 7 weeks?

haleyrules

Reaction score
The guy wants to play and get the ball. Heck of a talent. Would Dez complain if he was getting 2 targets a game for 7 weeks?
Probably. Would he be so public and rip his teammates? There must be some reason for the lack of targets. Discipline seems to fit the description? There is something wrong there that is still below the surface.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Another disgruntled stoner, one failed test away from banishment .....great idea

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is averaging 4 targets a game which is 3rd behind Brown and Bell. He'd be in exactly the same boat here, plus he is one mis-step from an indefinite ban.

Williams is useless. We badly need a deep threat and Bryant is an incredible talent. Williams doesnt hold a candle to him. I would gladly take the risk.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Probably. Would he be so public and rip his teammates? There must be some reason for the lack of targets. Discipline seems to fit the description? There is something wrong there that is still below the surface.

I think he is probably a head case. Id still take the risk.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
In what way is he not?
In pretty much every way.
His catch rate is lower for his career, and has been lower in every season.
He had a phenomenal ypc his rookie season but since then it's been lower than what T-Will routinely put up his first several years (it's been lower last year and this year, presumably related to the QB change, but that would affect Bryant here as well).
By Football Outsiders' DVOA, Williams has been better every season they've both been on the field, and Bryant's been in negative territory (below average) since his rookie year.
And oh yeah, Williams hasn't been suspended at all, much less for a full season.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Terrance Williams will be released in the offseason and will sign with the Skins. Cowboys keep Butler.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Terrance Williams will be released in the offseason and will sign with the Skins. Cowboys keep Butler.

Won't happen. There is more of a chance Butler is gone - you'd be ridding of a #2 for a guy that MIGHT get 20 catches in a season.

John813

Reaction score
Inactive last night. Can't see him on the team next week. They'll probably sell low.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In pretty much every way.
His catch rate is lower for his career, and has been lower in every season.
He had a phenomenal ypc his rookie season but since then it's been lower than what T-Will routinely put up his first several years (it's been lower last year and this year, presumably related to the QB change, but that would affect Bryant here as well).
By Football Outsiders' DVOA, Williams has been better every season they've both been on the field, and Bryant's been in negative territory (below average) since his rookie year.
And oh yeah, Williams hasn't been suspended at all, much less for a full season.

williams stinks my man. He is terrible. I would take just about any receiver over him. You want to talk attitude, fine, but on the field Williams doenst hold a candle to Bryant.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Won't happen. There is more of a chance Butler is gone - you'd be ridding of a #2 for a guy that MIGHT get 20 catches in a season.

Williams is no #2 guy. he is pretty much relegated to blocking receiver. He is probably the 5th or 6th receiving option in this offense.

ICP

Reaction score
I used to want Martavious in Dallas quite badly but his antics over the last few weeks have me leaning the other way now.