Win Loss records over the last 10 years

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This is a year to year league where a team can be in the basement one year and contend the next.

The Rams were a laughing stock in 2016. Nobody expected the Jaguars to come within smelling distance of the Super Bowl.

Year to year. Or in the case of Jerry's circus, year to 25 years later.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Garrett’s regular season record is decent. It’s why I refuse to label him a bad coach. However, his lack of playoff success (or playoff anything, really) is why I won’t label him a good coach either. If you’re content with regular season wins and nothing else, more power to you. No judgment.
LOL

How many games has this clown cost us with his horrible clock management and lack of adjustments? Dude is a bad coach, period.

Verdict

Reaction score
In part we are a victim of mediocrity. We seldom draft in the top half of the draft. The one year we did we had a substantial bump in record.

We insist on trying like hell of getting to .500 even when it means missing the playoffs. I don't think we are that far off from making some noise to the playoffs.

I think if we jettison Dez and Witten it will help us get there. Just about anyone we field would be better than them.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We are less than 1 win a year more from being 4th.

The Packers have obviously been our nemesis the last few years regarding the playoffs. Not to shabby considering they are 3rd overall.

And yes, I'd like to see more and this doesn't mean Garrett gets a pass.

This is just to put some rational perspective on things since they have gotten way out of control.

According to your own logic, the cowboys are also 1 loss a year away from being 20th.

Regular season means nothing without at least getting into the playoffs.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
LOL

How many games has this clown cost us with his horrible clock management and lack of adjustments? Dude is a bad coach, period.

I don’t think the evidence points to “bad coach.” However, it’s an academic discussion since bad coaches and mediocre coaches end up at the same place at the end of the year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know we are in the midst of some serious overreaction. And the armchair GMs are in full display. But let's not lose sight of the facts.

The chirping wants us to believe we are and have been one of the worst franchises over the course of the last decade.

Care to guess where we actually do rank...

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417?amp=true

Another low standard embarrassment to all loyal and high standard cowboys fans. This is nothing but pathetic drivel.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Garrett’s regular season record is decent. It’s why I refuse to label him a bad coach. However, his lack of playoff success (or playoff anything, really) is why I won’t label him a good coach either. If you’re content with regular season wins and nothing else, more power to you. No judgment.
That is a fair assessment.

I don't care for him a bit. But I am not going to pretend he is at Dave Campo level with better talent.

He is Chan Gailey-level for me until he learns how to close out a season that looks to be promising.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Searching for playoff wins like...

tenor.gif

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Last time I looked, the objective is to win in the playoffs and make it to, and win the SB

Care to post

1. Playoff record under Garrett
2. Conf championship game appearances under Garrett
3. SB record under Garrett

I'll bet you find a way to squirm out of that one :laugh:
No squirming. Only one team wins a superbowl every year.

I never said I was happy about not winning more.

This was just to point out to all the complainers that say the front office is incompetent. We have fielded a top 10 team over the course of the last 10 years. And we came close a couple of years.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Another low standard embarrassment to all loyal and high standard cowboys fans. This is nothing but pathetic drivel.
No, the pathetic drivel is coming from our own fans that think they know anything about football, let alone running an NFL team.

Section446

Reaction score

This was just to point out to all the complainers that say the front office is incompetent. We have fielded a top 10 team over the course of the last 10 years. And we came close a couple of years.
You seem pretty content... But, it's understandable; it's called "beaten wife syndrome"... the Cowboys keep beating, you keep coming back.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
You seem pretty content... But, it's understandable; it's called "beaten wife syndrome"... the Cowboys keep beating, you keep coming back.
It's called being rational. There was a day that I would scream and yell when they lost. Guess I grew up and realized it's just a game. One I have no control over.

It's very hard to win the big one. The team that is constantly getting there is New England. We are running this team much more like them now.

If I really thought this team was completely off the rails, you'd know.

But they are young and getting better. This is a big year for Dak. Our season goes as he goes. Same with any team really.

We will be very competitive this year. I still think we win the NFCE and am not backing down from that just because we haven't signed any high priced FA.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

The "front office" hasn't changed in decades. How have they done since Super Bowl XXX, aka the last hurrah for Jimmy's team?

We all want to win, but you're working awfully hard to remain confident in Cowboys leadership.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's funny, we used to measure ourselves by Super Bowls, but mediocrity has us screaming "at least we're not the ____________" from the mountain tops... my how the mighty have fallen.

Whats funny is the OP never once mentioned any kind of measurable, but simply stating a fact that this team hasnt been close to bad. They havent gotten the job done, but they arent bad at all.

But here you are trying to argue or post about something he isnt doing or saying.