Win Loss records over the last 10 years

BlindFaith

Reaction score
The "front office" hasn't changed in decades. How have they done since Super Bowl XXX, aka the last hurrah for Jimmy's team?

We all want to win, but you're working awfully hard to remain confident in Cowboys leadership.
Stephen runs things differently. McCay is a fairly competent talent guy.

Two big differences.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regular season wins are like appetizers before the real meal. Like chips before the enchiladas. Playoff wins are the meat and potatoes of the dinner table. It’s what makes the meal complete.

Without the real meal- without the playoff wins, we’re just having some tasty fried cheese but no steak. I guess if you like an appetizer for dinner, these are good times!

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Regular season wins are like appetizers before the real meal. Like chips before the enchiladas. Playoff wins are the meat and potatoes of the dinner table. It’s what makes the meal complete.

Without the real meal- without the playoff wins, we’re just having some tasty fried cheese but no steak. I guess if you like an appetizer for dinner, these are good times!
Without winning during the year you don't eat, period.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know we are in the midst of some serious overreaction. And the armchair GMs are in full display. But let's not lose sight of the facts.

The chirping wants us to believe we are and have been one of the worst franchises over the course of the last decade.

Care to guess where we actually do rank...

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417?amp=true
Kind of amazing that Dallas has the 6th best record in the league over the last 10 years
Just so little to show for it

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Kind of amazing that Dallas has the 6th best record in the league over the last 10 years
Just so little to show for it
It is disappointing. But it's not like we haven't been close a couple times.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I’ve pointed this out many, many times. Doesn’t matter, playoff wins or clean house seems to be the consensus.
You're the main Garrett supporter left, so it's not surprising you celebrate regular season wins. 2 playoff wins in 22 years? Who cares! We're 10th place in regular season wins!

Zordon

Reaction score
Last time I looked, the objective is to win in the playoffs and make it to, and win the SB

Care to post

1. Playoff record under Garrett
2. Conf championship game appearances under Garrett
3. SB record under Garrett

I'll bet you find a way to squirm out of that one :laugh:
Playoffs? Playoffs?! You're talking about playoffs?

Hell just look at Garrett's record in win or home regular season games. 0 for 3.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the main Garrett supporter left, so it's not surprising you celebrate regular season wins. 2 playoff wins in 22 years? Who cares! We're 10th place in regular season wins!

I’m hardly the main Garrett supporter left. Support for Garrett isn’t measured by a few dozen angry irrational guys on one forum.

I do consider wins a measure of how successful a team is relative to other teams. I didn’t say 10th was good enough. I’m the one arguing we should be figuring out how to improve from there. While everybody else is running around screaming that we’re worse off than the Browns and telling me how realistic they are.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Pointing to the post-season records is a category error. That is changing the subject.

The point of THIS THREAD is that the Cowboys have been successfully fielding a competitive team over the past decade. In 9 of 11 seasons with Garrett as OC or Head Coach, the team has only finished with a losing record twice. And in one of those years, when elevated to HC after Phillips was fired mid-season, Garrett actually led the team to recover and have a 5-3 record in the 2nd half of the season after a 1-7 start due to the defense quitting on Wade Phillips. And Garrett accomplished that with a backup QB.

That is the point of THIS THREAD.

And the underlying point is that for all the whining about the lack of willingness to field a winning team by the front office, the facts don't support that argument. Top 6 out of 32 teams is the top 20%, not middle of the pack mediocre. That's probably why Garrett and Will McClay still have jobs.

Now, if you want to start a thread about the lack of playoff success, I'd be happy to participate in a critique of Garrett's coaching acumen in the post season. But it's hardly fair to blame the front office for the coaching failures of the team in the post-season. They've given the coaching staff enough talent to win. So it's not quite accurate to blame the front office...except for the lack of an adequate backup QB in 2015. You can blame the front office for that fiasco.

TWOK11

Reaction score

You've stated that we have the worst, most lazy front office in the league despite all objective data arguing against that. You either need to own that or tone down at least some of your 90 negative posts a day. But blowing off something that directly contradicts essentially the entirety of your posting history shouldn't be an option.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny, we used to measure ourselves by Super Bowls, but mediocrity has us screaming "at least we're not the ____________" from the mountain tops... my how the mighty have fallen.
Actually that isn't what the OP is saying but whatever.