News: Winning This Week Could Cure What Ails Cowboys

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always like to get the win but winning this week will not cure anything. It will just delay the inevitable

CCboy another dream maker here.....like the man above states whats really gonna change if we win now....just give fans like you the chance to sell unrealistic dreams for our team till the floor finally crashes and you take break here from these forums as all your hoopla will have gone to the wayside....

P.s. Now please tell us our defense is the best in the NFL and that Dak is our QB for the next 10 years thks....:facepalm:

CCBoy

Reaction score
CCboy another dream maker here.....like the man above states whats really gonna change if we win now....just give fans like you the chance to sell unrealistic dreams for our team till the floor finally crashes and you take break here from these forums as all your hoopla will have gone to the wayside....

P.s. Now please tell us our defense is the best in the NFL and that Dak is our QB for the next 10 years thks....:facepalm:

Your always the same routine is old...next time, just leave me out of your own muck raking. The blame is way beyond old...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The Cowboys can win this game. The question is, is the Cowboys winning this game really in the franchise's best interest long term? I just don't know...

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys can win this game. The question is, is the Cowboys winning this game really in the franchise's best interest long term? I just don't know...

Win or not win a valid question for a fan? In the front of a season, and with real progresses considered, one never roots for a loser's attitude. That is just wrong and show a full boat of losers.

You want a whole group of soldiers wanting to just give up...and doing it? Same concept...losers who don't evolve, are losers. These Cowboys have a tad more going for them than the name game for shame.

Carson

Reaction score
Can barely score on bad teams.

Plan on scoring on the best defense? Plus I’m sure our scheme hasn’t changed at all and we will hear after the game, Barry Church knew and called the plays

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, let’s win, baby! 8-8!

This generation sure has a come lately sense of entitlement and a cheap thrill in using any and all as a time for a whipping boy type response.

What, one has so little self-control that he can't even wait a half season to see if there actually is progress. This is a group of very young players and a team developing set of issues...

What the hell?

Here you go:

106400092.jpg.jpg

Now own it!

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Win or not win a valid question for a fan? In the front of a season, and with real progresses considered, one never roots for a loser's attitude. That is just wrong and show a full boat of losers.

You want a whole group of soldiers wanting to just give up...and doing it? Same concept...losers who don't evolve, are losers. These Cowboys have a tad more going for them than the name game for shame.

No, it's not the same concept even remotely. This is a game. No lives are on the line. No one is going to die or be subjugated or raped and tortured. It's not about national security or identity. These analogies of equating playing football to going to war, need to end.

FTR, I didn't say I was rooting for a loss. I said I didn't know if winning was best for this team, long term. Those are two different things completely. However, even if I did suggest that, it's my right as a fan to root how I want. Telling people how to be fans is self-righteous and arrogant and shows you don't really know what Fandom is to begin with. If you did, you wouldn't suggest it's anything but independent for every person cheering.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would like to believe that a win this week could be the cure but honestly, I think we are a .500 team and I think that we are going to face challenges all year. I don't see this team becoming dominant until we get the OL settled, until we get a good TE and WR group and until Dak is allowed to run an Offense that plays to his strengths, rather then tries to mimic Brady etc.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This generation sure has a come lately sense of entitlement and a cheap thrill in using any and all as a time for a whipping boy type response.

What, one has so little self-control that he can't even wait a half season to see if there actually is progress. This is a group of very young players and a team developing set of issues...

What the hell?

Here you go:

106400092.jpg.jpg

Now own it!

By all means, let's wait another two decades to see if we've made progress even though exactly the same issues are still around. It's not about 4 games and you know it. That's a strawman argument to empower your self worth as a "better fan."

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, it's not the same concept even remotely. This is a game. No lives are on the line. No one is going to die or be subjugated or raped and tortured. It's not a out national security or identity. These analogies of equating playing football to going to war, need to end.

FTR, I didn't say I was rooting for a loss. I said I didn't know if winning was best for this team, long term. Those are two different things completely. However, even if I did suggest that, it's my right as a fan to root how I want. Telling people how to be fans is self-righteous and arrogant and shows you don't really know what Fandom is the begun with. If you did, you wouldn't suggest it's anything but independent for every person cheering.

Your connections aren't very solid...first, as a fan, I was taught in Texas, that sportsmanship was a crucial part to sport...not running to escuses instead.

Winning is relevant at the professional levels, as it is in protecting this Nation's rights.

CCBoy

Reaction score
By all means, let's wait another two decades to see if we've made progress even though exactly the same issues are still around. It's not about 4 games and you know it. That's a strawman argument to empower your self worth as a "better fan."

Up front, don't attempt connecting dots for what I believe. You don't even have a grasp of what they are...but the post by yourself, was stepping into a post made for another. But your only discussion was to attempt a personal attack. Who you really kidding here?

Fan...you? I'm not buying the fruits you are selling.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Winning is relevant at the professional levels, as it is in protecting this Nation's rights.

Couldn't have said it better. That's why some of us want change. So we can win meaningful games.

I was taught, as a native Texan, as an athlete and as a person, to respect others even when their values or experiences are different than mine. That I can't tell people how to think. Those ideals are far more practical to this argument than some drummed up, sensational war analogies. But please, continue to eschew sound logic so you can feel better about yourself as a fan.

I'll leave you to it. Youre clealry a fan of senseless clapping. Your coach does it and here you are doing it for yourself. Have fun. Enjoy the games.

glimmerman

Reaction score
^^ This ....not sure about winning big but I too have a good feeling about this game. I can certainly see us winning.......
Irving playing and there line is banged up. We will go out of our way to get Elliot rolling. I don’t think they have the personel to do what the texans did. Passing game has been slightly improved.

WeaponX

Reaction score
Actually winning this week would exacerbate the actual problem by perpetuating false hope that we have a legit shot at making a run at anything beyond the NFCEast

CCBoy

Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better. That's why some of us want change. So we can win meaningful games.

I was taught, as a native Texan, as an athlete and as a person, to respect others even when their values or experiences are different than mine. That I can't tell people how to think. Those ideals are far more practical to this argument than some drummed up, sensational war analogies. But please, continue to eschew sound logic so you can feel better about yourself as a fan.

I'll leave you to it. Your.clealry a fan of senseless clapping. Your coach does it and here you are doing it for yourself. Have fun. Enjoy the games.

You are so tied into investment on labels. Labels often fail, when seeking remedies and chance. That involves an after action analysis and then routes for resolution. That for a fan, involves much more than doom and gloom. Sorry, my motivations seem to be fuller that what you label them as being.

My motives are genuine, but someone else seems to need a bunch more labels when attempting to discuss such.

Sorry, I don't back down from unpopularity, when principals are involved. But by all means, if you don't enjoy someone else not classlessly disclaiming a positive view, then by all means...move on guy.

I'll still have an appropriate after-action-report at the appropriate time, as will the Cowboys as well.

As to drummed up excuses, stick to the truth and quit playing priority games with a fistful of stereotypes. If you turn a blind eye to valid comparisons dealing with professional levels of commitment, that is on you. Try the political venue then...and no, I don't want a discussion upon that last point....so one doesn't just toss that back.

...and you left this part out:

106400092.jpg.jpg

Last edited:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You are so tied into investment on labels. Labels often fail, when seeking remedies and chance. That involves an after action analysis and then routes for resolution. That for a fan, involves much more than doom and gloom. Sorry, my motivations seem to be fuller that what you label them as being.

My motives are genuine, but someone else seems to need a bunch more labels when attempting to discuss such.

Sorry, I don't back down from unpopularity, when principals are involved. But by all means, if you don't enjoy someone else not classlessly disclaiming a positive view, then by all means...move on guy.

I'll still have an appropriate after-action-report at the appropriate time, as will the Cowboys as well.

Well you let me know when that appropriate time is, champ. Then you let me know how I'm supposed to react. When the time comes, you let me know if I am blindly following or actively participating. Also, I will await your thoughts on personnel and draft decisions. I'll defer to you and your expert fandom... Or is it good soldiering?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well you let me know when that appropriate time is, champ. Then you let me know how I'm supposed to react. When the time comes, you let me know if I am blindly following or actively participating. Also, I will await your thoughts on personnel and draft decisions. I'll defer to you and your expert fandom... Or is it good soldiering?

As much as I post on site and the diversity of how I respond to different topics, you really trying to label me as you did?

That was nothing but condescending and filled with agenda as your others were. You seem to feel empowered talking and taking a non-supportive stance on anything not inhaling the entire picture that is presented. Your stance NEVER is an agreement that there is a set method to evaluate items for comparison, that does also include an analysis of all information and studying all elements.

I have never supported the quick relief that anger management would address instead, or agreed with jumping the gun on name calling instead. I generally steer clear of stereotypes, unless that is the motivation.

Here, that still applies, as at issue is sportsmanship of a fan and waiting until directions are much more clearly established for THIS season. We have adequately presented most considerations in the pre season...but I'm not going to name call and belittle as evidence itself. I'm waiting to see actual developments, and not band wagon complaining for stereotyped premature potentials.

For your amusement, I don't have a problem one, calling bad...bad, when that is MY conclusion.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
As much as I post on site and the diversity of how I respond to different topics, you really trying to label me as you did?

I don't need to label. It's all right here for people to see. You're chastising people for how they exhibit their Fandom and then talking down to them.

That was nothing but condescending and filled with agenda as your others were. You seem to feel empowered talking and taking a non-supportive stance on anything not inhaling the entire picture that is presented. Your stance NEVER is an agreement that there is a set method to evaluate items for comparison, that does also include an analysis of all information and studying all elements.

No, it was sarcasm.

I have never supported the quick relief that anger management would address instead, or agreed with jumping the gun on name calling instead. I generally steer clear of stereotypes, unless that is the motivation.

Good for you. Not everyone has to react and root the same way you do. The difference is, no one is calling you less of a fan for how you choose to cheer. That's what YOU are doing. You got called out and shown up and now you're trying to save face. When really, you're just making yourself look more and more ridiculous.

Here, that still applies, as at issue is sportsmanship of a fan and waiting until directions are much more clearly established for THIS season. We have adequately presented most considerations in the pre season...but I'm not going to name call and belittle as evidence itself. I'm waiting to see actual developments, and not band wagon complaining for stereotyped premature potentials.

Again, youre trying to tell people how to be fans and than acting as if you're above reproach. You know what kind of people do that? Sociopaths...

For your amusement, I don't have a problem one, calling bad...bad, when that is MY conclusion.

And on that note, I am allowed to call someone/something bad when that's MY conclusion. No one is telling YOU how to be a fan. That's what you are doing to others.

Don't tell people how to be fans. You just look like an arrogant ******. All this other long-winded nonsense is just you tooting your own horn.

Go ahead, get the last word. That's your real goal, here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't need to label. It's all right here for people to see. You're chastising people for how they exhibit their Fandom and then talking down to them.

No, it was sarcasm.

Good for you. Not everyone has to react and root the same way you do. The difference is, no one is calling you less of a fan for how you choose to cheer. That's what YOU are doing. You got called out and shown up and now you're trying to save face. When really, you're just making yourself look more and more ridiculous.

Again, youre trying to tell people how to be fans and than acting as if you're above reproach. You know what kind of people do that? Sociopaths...

And on that note, I am allowed to call someone/something bad when that's MY conclusion. No one is telling YOU how to be a fan. That's what you are doing to others.

Don't tell people how to be fans. You just look like an arrogant ******. All this other long-winded nonsense is just you tooting your own horn.

Go ahead, get the last word. That's your real goal, here.

You are so full of name calling, no matter how YOU present it.

Myself, I just won't cave in and start calling MY TEAM: losers for anyone's benefit. That includes you...

No, you are full of insult...that being your chosen stance instead, and a return to that practice when not agreed upon on base premise. I don't then, have to pass by your full blown stereotyping. You have been given full room as to what is involved. You chose low class, and never acknowledged actual motivations.

Sorry, your chosen agenda of slander, won't slide by me...about the Cowboys, or myself.

Good night, now...your chosen agenda for responses are truly burn barrel worthy. You go...:popcorn:

I'll decoder ring it for you: Show some class!