News: Winning This Week Could Cure What Ails Cowboys

JustChip

Reaction score
Irving playing and there line is banged up. We will go out of our way to get Elliot rolling. I don’t think they have the personel to do what the texans did. Passing game has been slightly improved.

Not to mention it is a HOME game and the Texans game was a ROAD game. That difference doesn't guarantee a win, but it certainly improves the odds.

JustChip

Reaction score
It's how they win that's going to make a difference. I want a win yes but if they win because Bortles threw 2 pick sixes while our offense still suck, it's not going to change many people's opinions.

Until our offense can score on quality defenses on a regular basis, most people will not change their opinions of the team.

Did it matter in 1995 that probably the only reason the Cowboys beat the Steelers was because Neil O'Donnell made Larry Brown a boat load of money? That team's offense had begun to struggle in the last month of the season and certainly wasn't the reason for the Super Bowl win. Bottom line, a win is a win is a win. It still goes on the W side of the standings regardless of whether it's 52-14 or 5-0.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not to mention it is a HOME game and the Texans game was a ROAD game. That difference doesn't guarantee a win, but it certainly improves the odds.
Was just reading how bad bortles road record is. It’s real bad. He has been sacked 11 times and threw 7 ints so far.

JustChip

Reaction score
Was just reading how bad bortles road record is. It’s real bad. He has been sacked 11 times and threw 7 ints so far.

Yep. It's like Jordy Nelson while with the Packers. His home-road splits were amazing. I had him in FFL for 2 or 3 years and tried not to play him for road games.

waldoputty

Reaction score
A win does nothing more than feel good at the time. But it won’t solve their problems.

cowboys, be strong and take the medicine that is coming
enjoy the moment!

klqr4qdzpuhvcois73qs.jpg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though nothing will change and our issues on offense esp will continue have a feeling without the F man running the ball for the Jags and Mr. B Qb of the Jags who is "Dak Like" will do his best and give us a win in a very low scoring game.....

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
sad to say but I think philly gets to 10 or 11 wins and wins the division going away

JayFord

Reaction score
Who cares if we win

We win then lay an absolute turd on the field next week

Flamma

Reaction score
cowboys, be strong and take the medicine that is coming
enjoy the moment!

We'll see how well your offense does. You probably got one of 3 QBs in the league worse than ours, and I'm not even counting Eli.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Did you see our QB? Or our coaching staff?

If you want to wager with me, private message me. I'll gladly take the Jags, we can use cash app.

There's not time now to put such a deal together...I'm sick in bed, myself.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Closer to a discussion...the Jags have currently, one of the best - if not best- pass defense in the NFL. The Cowboys will need to bust Zeke Elliott for a couple of long runs to replace the same in a passing game. That could enable enough of a passing game to make the difference for Dallas.

Smith is having a killer game at linebacker, and similar games by a few Cowboy starters could well turn the tide. Give the Cowboys a two turn-over advantage at home, and they will be very tough to beat.

The Jags don't have a top notched quarterback, and have lost games recently...given the Cowboys are due, I have to look forward to an even stronger game this week, than an overtime loss to Houston.
Pretty much what I think. This is going to be a defensive battle since both of the offenses are anemic. Of course, Bortles has shown up before, and if he does, advantage to Jags. Otherwise, the defense that scores for their team might take this game.