Wins are a QB stat

glimmerman

Reaction score
or so I keep reading on this board. I don’t necessarily agree but, hey, when in Rome.....

With that in mind

Goff v Dak, in head to head games

Goff 2
Dak 0

Divisional round wins
Goff 1
Dak 0

Looks to me like Goff was the #1 pick, and Dak a 4th rounder, for a reason.
A joke right? There is a whole team surrounding these guys.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
or so I keep reading on this board. I don’t necessarily agree but, hey, when in Rome.....

With that in mind

Goff v Dak, in head to head games

Goff 2
Dak 0

Divisional round wins
Goff 1
Dak 0

Looks to me like Goff was the #1 pick, and Dak a 4th rounder, for a reason.
Yah, Yah, Yah!!!! Bunch of freaking cry Babies around here.

superonyx

Reaction score
Just commenting on something I’ve read on here all season

Wins are the only measuring stick that matters for a QB. All other stats are window dressing, say the sniffers

I’m merely stating facts. What’s stupid about that?
It’s stupid because Goff has nothing to do with Dak. If Goff is the next Tom Brady this doesn’t mean a Dak is the next Quincy Carter. One has nothing to do with the other.

Should we say Goff is bad because Patrick Mahomes is better?

What’s stupid is you are miserable and trying to troll cowboys fans. Your points you make in trolling don’t even mean what you are wanting them to mean.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Ok so did Cheesburger Anderson.

But again does Gurley or Goff being good mean Dak or Zeke are bad?
Go look at the Zeke thread. I already said there's nothing wrong with Zeke being top 2 or 3 RB where many people have him. Many Cowboy fans get mad if you say Zeke isn't the best for some reason.

superonyx

Reaction score
Go look at the Zeke thread. I already said there's nothing wrong with Zeke being top 2 or 3 RB where many people have him. Many Cowboy fans get mad if you say Zeke isn't the best for some reason.
What reason do you think that is?
I know Eagles fans who think Zeke is better than Gurley also.,

Who cares really. Zeke won the rushing title 2 times in 3 years and led the league in rushing yards per game every season. We don’t know who is better. It’s ok if everyone doesn’t agree with you. Don’t look so hard for validation in others opinions.

uvaballa

Reaction score
What reason do you think that is?
I know Eagles fans who think Zeke is better than Gurley also.,

Who cares really. Zeke won the rushing title 2 times in 3 years and led the league in rushing yards per game every season. We don’t know who is better. It’s ok if everyone doesn’t agree with you. Don’t look so hard for validation in others opinions.
I could care less if people don't agree. I usually go by who the players vote the best first which was Gurley. The AP also put Gurley as first team All Pro. They know more than 95% of fans who usually only watch their teams.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It’s stupid because Goff has nothing to do with Dak. If Goff is the next Tom Brady this doesn’t mean a Dak is the next Quincy Carter. One has nothing to do with the other.

Should we say Goff is bad because Patrick Mahomes is better?

What’s stupid is you are miserable and trying to troll cowboys fans. Your points you make in trolling don’t even mean what you are wanting them to mean.

Sometimes "Dak wins" and unfortunately sometimes "his team loses"

I've learned that responsibility is only assigned to him after victories. Just noting what you and others have already stated multiple times

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak was a top 10 QB this year after the Cooper trade.

Spin that any way you want, Bozos.

He’s our franchise QB and isn’t going anywhere.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Yup. You got me
Hey man you started the thread so i'm paying devil's advocate. I don't think the Cowboys have had 3 straight winning seasons since the triplets. Things seem to be going in the right direction.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So was the Patriots "not trying" when they drafted the most successful QB in the Salary Cap era in the 6TH ROUND?

Was Seattle just trying to be "good enough", when they drafted Russel Wilson in the 3rd Round? Or how about Nick Foles, another 3rd Rounder?

In my opinion, which I don't expect anyone else to agree with, both Romo and Dak are more than good enough to win with. The majority of "their failures", specifically in the playoffs has much more to do with poor coaching and preparation, both offensive and defensive, than the players themselves.

Hey, if the Cowboys draft a QB in the 1st in the next few years, awesome. But I just don't see how ANY QB fixes the issues, especially in the playoffs where coaching matters. Give me a new coaching staff before I worry about a new QB.

How many of your ‘good enough’ qbs have equated to Brady, Wilson, Foles? That only further proves my point: it’s 10 times more likely you find a franchise QB in the first round than in a backup who’s looking good in practice.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Hey man you started the thread so i'm paying devil's advocate. I don't think the Cowboys have had 3 straight winning seasons since the triplets. Things seem to be going in the right direction.

I get that you are playing devil's advocate

What you don't seem to realize is that so am I

Why are wins the only measure of a QB, until we lose?

I think even you would concede that Daks "win total" (as if he wins games single-handedly absent of the other 10 guys on the field) is regularly hailed as evidence of his greatness

You yourself alluded to that a few posts ago

BoysForLife

Reaction score
How many of your ‘good enough’ qbs have equated to Brady, Wilson, Foles? That only further proves my point: it’s 10 times more likely you find a franchise QB in the first round than in a backup who’s looking good in practice.

Especially when the same flaws we repeatedly see on the field are the same ones the scouts noted in his pre draft assessments, and after 3 years don't seem to be getting any better