With Antwaun Woods out

Creeper

Reaction score
If I may jump in on this in a slightly different direction, but the injuries to Dallas on defense have been especially bad because they got hit in two places were they were already weak. Safety and Defensive Tackle were both weaknesses coming into this season and now they have Tyrone Crawford and Antuan Woods out at DT and Heath out at Safety. Two spots already weak got weaker. Everyone has injuries this time of year, but some injuries are worse than others.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
This isn’t the direction you’re ere going, but Woods has had a disappointing second year here.
JAG. Unfortunately we need to draft or go free agency to bolster the middle of our D-line.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You've lost all credibility.

You go on a rant about players and completely misrepresent their performances to fit your narrative.

I know we see some really high level examples of successful people completely ignoring facts. Don't be that person.
And you lose all your credibility by needing g everything fact checked and denoted.

I speak in overviews and summary opinions.

You speak on factoids and quotes.

Not my thing. So ignore me.

:angry:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JAG. Unfortunately we need to draft or go free agency to bolster the middle of our D-line.

It’s so frustrating. Nobody took a step forward this year. The LBs each took a step back. Lawrence took a step back. Collins didn’t step up. Woods has disappeared. Awuzie took a step back. Zeke did, too. Maher, too. Connor Williams didn’t improve enough. Only Gallup, Dak, and La’el and, maybe X. Woods actually improved last year.

The fact that we had so many developing players is what really gave me high expectations for this roster. It hasn’t panned out at all.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
It’s so frustrating. Nobody took a step forward this year. The LBs each took a step back. Lawrence took a step back. Collins didn’t step up. Woods has disappeared. Awuzie took a step back. Zeke did, too. Maher, too. Connor Williams didn’t improve enough. Only Gallup, Dak, and La’el and, maybe X. Woods actually improved last year.

The fact that we had so many developing players is what really gave me high expectations for this roster. It hasn’t panned out at all.
I know right? Spot on with naming the players that I too believed would develop further. And then I come to this conclusion, our coaching staff is stagnant. Our schemes on both O and D are stagnant. Although the O has shown some signs of life with motion, some design, etc. But it’s still not enough.

I honestly believe everyone on the team is too comfortable. They need to begin walking on eggshells. I hate to harken back to the Jimmy days, but that’s what it was all about. Accountability, or possibly no job. That left a looong time ago.

Whatever it is, it’s become a stagnation that has permeated the locker room, and coaching staff.

Just my 3.5 cents.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And you lose all your credibility by needing g everything fact checked and denoted.

I speak in overviews and summary opinions.

You speak on factoids and quotes.

Not my thing. So ignore me.

:angry:

I lose credibility by needing correct information?

Oh do tell.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

Dak panning out is by far the most important one though.

This year has been a disappointment, but I think in the long run, it will be seen as a milestone season for the Cowboys. Because...

-We found out for sure that Dak Prescott is a franchise quarterback before we spent our entire salary cap on him.

-We fired Jason Garrett (TBA).

With a real coach and a franchise QB, I think we'll have a strong foundation for at least 5 years to build a winning team on.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak panning out is by far the most important one though.

This year has been a disappointment, but I think in the long run, it will be seen as a milestone season for the Cowboys. Because...

-We found out for sure that Dak Prescott is a franchise quarterback before we spent our entire salary cap on him.

-We fired Jason Garrett (TBA).

With a real coach and a franchise QB, I think we'll have a strong foundation for at least 5 years to build a winning team on.

Giving you a like for the Dak stuff.