With Cowboys Going Bust, Jerry Jones Needs The Boom Of Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing you even ask. But you seen serious so I’ll respond. It’s actually a simple answer.

Because most HC want more control if their job and reputation is on the line.

Now if Jerry was to throw out like 20 million a year then yea. But last time I checked he hasn’t been throwing out anymore than the rest of the league.

And that's why I have repeatedly mention the contract as being a critical component and one of the two ways we can easily tell if we are getting measurable change or not.

The contract will mean control. If Jones is even talking to Riley when the time comes, you know it will take serious money. Ad that comes with serious control. Jones is neither going after a coach like that, nor guaranteeing huge money only to neuter him and fire him a few years in. Not happening.

So if he's talking to guys like this at all when the time comes, that's a good sign. Riley is in huge demand and will be paid well by whoever he signs with. And when he does, he will get a multi-year, big-money deal. And therein lies his clout and authority. You don't guarantee money like that and fire the guy or not let him have control.

You can have your anti-Jerry agenda all day, but if he talks to this guy, he's serious about change. If it's a Norv Turner, Mike Holmgren, John Fox type? I'll be right next to you with torch and pitchfork in hand.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And that's why I have repeatedly mention the contract as being a critical component and one of the two ways we can easily tell if we are getting measurable change or not.

The contract will mean control. If Jones is even talking to Riley when the time comes, you know it will take serious money. Ad that comes with serious control. Jones is neither going after a coach like that, nor guaranteeing huge money only to neuter him and fire him a few years in. Not happening.

So if he's talking to guys like this at all when the time comes, that's a good sign. Riley is in huge demand and will be paid well by whoever he signs with. And when he does, he will get a multi-year, big-money deal. And therein lies his clout and authority. You don't guarantee money like that and fire the guy or not let him have control.

You can have your anti-Jerry agenda all day, but if he talks to this guy, he's serious about change. If it's a Norv Turner, Mike Holmgren, John Fox type? I'll be right next to you with torch and pitchfork in hand.
The truth will set you free.

FYI... I’ve spewed out the same smart suggestions you are over a decade ago. Cowboys are highest profile team, most wealthiest. Make it the highest paid and get out of the way and the greatest coaches will line up. But Jerry won’t. Don’t believe me just watch.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
As long as Jerry is still sucking in air there won't be a marquis HC here.........Jerry has a fragile ego.
I mean I understand the doom and gloom aditude. But let’s be honest.

He did hire jimmy and the Tuna.
His ego can handle a few years of them before he needs the praise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hero...You have to remember Jerry’s agendas are Anti- Cowboys Football.

That’s why I stay on his butt because he’s the one preventing this organization from more success with how he runs this franchise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The truth will set you free.

FYI... I’ve spewed out the same smart suggestions you are over a decade ago. Cowboys are highest profile team, most wealthiest. Make it the highest paid and get out of the way and the greatest coaches will line up. But Jerry won’t. Don’t believe me just watch.

We'll have much more to discuss when whatever happens, happens. As I've said, it won't be hard to see when it does. And if it's a "comfortable" retread at a "comfortable" price, I'll be side-by-side with you, arm in arm, torch and pitchfork in hand.

ContentThriftyDalmatian-small.gif

My hope at this point rests with that not being the case any longer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

And what were the circumstances when he hired Jimmy and Bill?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We'll have much more to discuss when whatever happens, happens. As I've said, it won't be hard to see when it does. And if it's a "comfortable" retread at a "comfortable" price, I'll be side-by-side with you, arm in arm, torch and pitchfork in hand.

ContentThriftyDalmatian-small.gif

My hope at this point rests with that not being the case any longer.
Anyone can respond after the fact but having the insight and a better sense going in is a much greater virtue IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry won't hire a top coach unless he has to.

Last time he did it, he needed a stadium built.

If business remains good, it's not going to happen again
Correct!

And with Jimmy he needed instant credibility and success with team losing money.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

1. Jimmy is the reason for his over inflated ego and his need to prove it was him and not Jimmy that built the 90's dynasty.........and he has failed to do that for nearly 3 decades.

2. Jerry needed a big name coach for his new stayjum so he had to suck it up for that, afterwards he did what he knew would run Parcells off.

And so in 2018 he has a 3-5 team that's spiraling downward due to the aforementioned ego.

visionary

Reaction score
He'd be another one.

If any of those names are brought up as actual candidates beyond baseless speculation, we know we're doomed and nothing is changing. But I'm not accepting that as a fact until it is.

The reality is Jerry will talk to coaches like Riley but they're not coming here with him in charge

We will get one if the 4 mentioned but I will take anything, anything over the cesspool called Garrett

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It'll probably be Jim Caldwell, Jerry loves him some Ex Detroit Lions coaches