With Cowboys Going Bust, Jerry Jones Needs The Boom Of Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing wrong with hope as long as it’s not a false hope.

And the solutions depend on what your expectations are.

Where does your own hope come from? There's got to be something that's keeping you around as well.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm not claiming to be the head coach. Therefore, my personal decisions do not have the same impact or requirements. It's far different to assess something as a part time hobby than to do so as a full time job, is it not?

And my own position on him right now is the same one I'm advocating for the team and the next head coach to have. Evaluate him for another year under a new staff and shame, don't extend him. But don't write him off because he's currently coached by a bunch of morons either.

I am not putting your feet to the fire. However, if a new coach comes in and watches every play in everty game as they do, then works out the player, I believe that is enough for a professional in this business to make an educated statement or decision.

Did Jerry and company go out and get Cooper to come play for Dallas a few times to be sure? How about when drafting. They work them out and interview. They watch film.

If a new head coach comes in and is asked to make an assessment of a player after watching film and perhaps interviewing the player, my opinion is if he cannot do that you hired the wrong guy.

Pants

Reaction score
my goodness, this OU vs OSU game is a terrific display of offense. I have been paying attention to the blocking employed by Riley’s Sooners and it is amazing.

I think the thing that makes me giddy is when his team went 3&out on one drive, Riley grabbed his QB for five minutes and discussed what went wrong. Then OU goes right down and scores again (scored in 6 of 7 drives in first half)

The more I see Riley, the more I want him minimally for OC, if not HC

Wake up Jones and get this guy here next year.

Thoughts anyone?

vig454

Reaction score
Hero...You have to remember Jerry’s agendas are Anti- Cowboys Football.

That’s why I stay on his butt because he’s the one preventing this organization from more success with how he runs this franchise.
Do you think he even notices you trying to be on his butt? Just asking ...

lk8701

Reaction score
my goodness, this OU vs OSU game is a terrific display of offense. I have been paying attention to the blocking employed by Riley’s Sooners and it is amazing.

I think the thing that makes me giddy is when his team went 3&out on one drive, Riley grabbed his QB for five minutes and discussed what went wrong. Then OU goes right down and scores again (scored in 6 of 7 drives in first half)

Thoughts anyone?

For sure HC. He won't accept OC.

amuze

Reaction score

Thoughts anyone?
I like the guy and he sure knows his offensive. But if our D ends up like OU’s, then it would be a wash. :)

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As long as Jerry is still sucking in air there won't be a marquis HC here.........Jerry has a fragile ego.
He did go and get Parcells, who is the polar opposite of a yes man, so there's some hope at least.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Puke, but probably right.
Well, if we were to have the services of a footballish mercenary such as the former #55(Dudes played for 5 different pro teams& coached in various capacities for 6) in the H.C. position, it'll be a safe bet his primary objective wouldn't be in playing for a TIE score game, I will guarantee you that with a triple platinum plated ink pen in it's writingo_O

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Thoughts anyone?
He's definately an upgrade, but he will command more power than our ego maniac is willing to give......a few teams will be interested I'm sure that would fit him better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Where does your own hope come from? There's got to be something that's keeping you around as well.
Hope is not necessary for fandom. I’m a Diehard. Win or lose. I’m a football fanatic. Call it like I see it. My hope comes from the talent.

I love the spirit of competition. 16 meaningful games is my hope. Nothing worse than meaningless games. Playoffs is just gravy.

They’re my local team and regionally broadcast game. I root and follow along regardless. Winning just makes it more fun.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you think he even notices you trying to be on his butt? Just asking ...
The point is we should keep the pressure on regardless the impact never making it easier for him to do as he wishes.

We do know by his public admittals he at least hears us by his responses . And feels the need to address it despite his actions.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
The one the about Jerry that is for sure is that he is indeed unpredictable in many ways.

He may keep Jason another year or he may axe him and go for the hot and sexy hire after the season.

He could also go for the retread, we simply have no way of knowing what that bafoon will do.

Jerry can also be talked into things or out of things in recent years by Stephen and others, the man is as capricious as they come.

Only time will tell what Jerrah will do but the ride will be a crazy one I am sure!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I smell a Garrett extension coming real soon, before it gets even more bizarre for Jerry .

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
This is from November 1st:

boy-praying.jpg

Blake

Reaction score

Reading the daily, perpetual drama on this board is like being addicted to crack. It's hard to put the pipe down. That's my reasoning anyway.