With Scott Linehan gone, perfect time for Dez to come back?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Sure why wouldn't Dez jump at the chance to be humiliated and scapegoated a second time in Dallas. It had to be loads of fun the first time around for a guy who used to produce 1300 yards and 14 TD like clockwork

I mean, who needs self respect anyways?

Must be a broken clock as Bryant only had over 1300 yards twice in his career and more than 14 TDs only once.

Dez was not scapegoated. He just was no longer worth the money in his large contract. He couldn't produce the way he had in the past. Amari had no issues producing at a higher level in Dallas than Bryant did the last few seasons. Dallas got it right. They let someone go at the right time instead of a season too late. If they kept him for this season then they probably don't make the trade for Cooper and then would be going into next season with neither guy.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Some idiocy is just beyond fathom. I remember when Johnny Football was out of Browns people writing a long long post arguing why he would be successful in Dallas.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
OMG.......

200w.gif

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Must be a broken clock as Bryant only had over 1300 yards twice in his career and more than 14 TDs only once.

Dez was not scapegoated. He just was no longer worth the money in his large contract. He couldn't produce the way he had in the past. Amari had no issues producing at a higher level in Dallas than Bryant did the last few seasons. Dallas got it right. They let someone go at the right time instead of a season too late. If they kept him for this season then they probably don't make the trade for Cooper and then would be going into next season with neither guy.

Had 3 straight seasons averaging around 1300+ yards and 13-14 TD a year from 12-14

Bottom fell out right around the time Dak became the starter

It could have coincidentally been when he couldn't make plays anymore but I doubt it

And Cooper's production this year, while good, didn't match Dez from 12-14

wssaustin

Reaction score
One name, Romo

Had 3 straight seasons averaging around 1300+ yards and 13-14 TD a year from 12-14

It could have coincidentally been when he couldn't make plays anymore but I doubt it

joseephuss

Reaction score

Of course it didn't because he only played 9 games with the Cowboys. Project his numbers over 16 games and he is in that same range that Dez produced in those years.

The bottom fell out for Dez in 2015. No one can control Dez's injuries. He got hurt a lot from 2015 through 2017. Nagging injuries that either kept him off the field or at less than 100%. He was/is a good receiver, but not worth the contract he signed in 2015. He was not a scapegoat, but rather a good financial decision to release.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez has a long journey in front of him before he even thinks about what team he will play for. His career may be on the line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Hold on.....I don’t think Dez ever had a run like Cooper had. Not in the same span of games.

foofighters

Reaction score
Dez is an elite strong talent that was used as a scapegoat coverup for this inept offense and coaching.

Having both Dez and Amari on this team is an automatic 15-20 Touchdowns. With Gallup coming along and Zeke keeping the field short cowboys would have the greatest Offensive core in the league.

90% of the team loves him except now 2nd string Snake Lee.

Should we bring back double team Dez?
BxnuQFyIcAAKpGW.jpg
If that meant you went to whatever team is your real favorite team, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Smells like a troll and all that...

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Of course it didn't because he only played 9 games with the Cowboys. Project his numbers over 16 games and he is in that same range that Dez produced in those years.

The bottom fell out for Dez in 2015. No one can control Dez's injuries. He got hurt a lot from 2015 through 2017. Nagging injuries that either kept him off the field or at less than 100%. He was/is a good receiver, but not worth the contract he signed in 2015. He was not a scapegoat, but rather a good financial decision to release.

No he's not. I did average it out

He's close but slightly below What Dez was from 12-14

And also let's wait another 2 years and see if that continues

joseephuss

Reaction score
No he's not. I did average it out

He's close but slightly below What Dez was from 12-14

And also let's wait another 2 years and see if that continues

I think Amari's number are equal to what Dez did during 12-14. Even if they are just close, it dispels the point you were trying to make was that the bottom fell out because of Dak and the offensive system after 2014.

And Amari came in cold. He didn't have OTAs, training camp or pre-season games to work within the system. If Dez wasn't part of the issue in 2015(Dak wasn't on the team), 2016 and 2017 then why the humongous drop in production? It should still be closer to Amari's production.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dez is an elite strong talent that was used as a scapegoat coverup for this inept offense and coaching.

Having both Dez and Amari on this team is an automatic 15-20 Touchdowns. With Gallup coming along and Zeke keeping the field short cowboys would have the greatest Offensive core in the league.

90% of the team loves him except now 2nd string Snake Lee.

Should we bring back double team Dez?
BxnuQFyIcAAKpGW.jpg

Dez sucks so no. Why would anyone want that loud mouth, garbage receiver back on the team?