Witten played 98.4% of the snaps in 2017

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Man please! I was at sprinter in school and I know even 5 years later there was a difference after school and add 15 years THERE IS A EVEN BIGGER DIFFERENCE in speed. MJ was a better athlete than Witten. Gronk today is out running Witten of today. Please!
Can you beat my 9.6 100 yard dash?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Can you beat my 9.6 100 yard dash?

Yes, I have my high school 100M and 200M record and ran a 4.3 forty in 82 senior year. Went to college for 4 years and graduated in 87 and decided to try out for the NFL before my brother played with the niners in the early 90s. An agent got me a try out at Georgia Tech and hundreds of guys are there trying out with tons of teams from the NFL and CFL there. Doing exactly what they do in Indianapolis. My forty that day was was 4.4, I was going as a LB that day and I did 27 reps at 225. I knew I would have no problem with the bench being a weigh room addict. But I knew my 40 time would not be like in high school either.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yes, I have my high school 100M and 200M record and ran a 4.3 forty in 82 senior year. Went to college for 4 years and graduated in 87 and decided to try out for the NFL before my brother played with the niners in the early 90s. An agent got me a try out at Georgia Tech and hundreds of guys are there trying out with tons of teams from the NFL and CFL there. Doing exactly what they do in Indianapolis. My forty that day was was 4.4, I was going as a LB that day and I did 27 reps at 225. I knew I would have no problem with the bench being a weigh room addict. But I knew my 40 time would not be like in high school either.
So what was your 100 time?9.6 is not lightning but I was pirdy quick for a tight end and defensive end And I'm pirdy sure I was faster than anyone else that Roberto Duran ever fought And I ran a 21.55 220 that is fast had really bad 40 times best was 4.7 once I was rolling I had speed

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
So what was your 100 time?9.6 is not lightning but I was pirdy quick for a tight end and defensive end And I'm pirdy sure I was faster than anyone else that Roberto Duran ever fought

Was 10.40 100 Meters and 21.3 200 Meters. Had track and football offers but was a basketball junkie and only dream was to play for Dean Smith at North Carolina or nothing.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Witten is still the best football player on the team

Witten can still play all them snaps because “Would Be Champion” Tone Rome had to carry him for a decade. Caused Tone to break his back but Mr. 1 yard short can still come up shy of the marker like a champ.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Witten can still play all them snaps because Tone Rome had tp carry him for a decade. Caused Tone to break his back but Mr. 1 yard short can still come up shy of the marker like a champ.
Cool post and very very well um uh cool I guess nice info

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Cool post and very very well um uh cool I guess nice info
Witten shouldn’t have sat back and watched his bestie break his back carrying the team for so many years. He should have helped Romo a little bit. Romo may still be playing if he did.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Witten shouldn’t have sat back and watched his bestie break his back carrying the team for so many years. He should have helped Romo a little bit. Romo may still be playing if he did.
Thanks for the information I would have never known that

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the information I would have never known that
You’re welcome. I wasn’t aware either but Romo fans have been very vocal about Romo having to carry the offense/team, wasting his career. Was just able to put it together. Time to get rid of the dead weight like Witten and Dez that hurt Romo before it ruins Dak too. May be too late because obviously they both still need to be carried.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do we suddenly need speed at the TE position when we haven’t had it any of the last 15 years again?

Why should the team worry about any changes the last 15 years? No chance at a championship for the past two decades. Players age, and smart teams bring in upgrades. Witten has never been a speed guy, but time has lessened what he previously had; it is time for a change.

foofighters

Reaction score
Dak played 98.59% and both Fred and Collins played 100%.

The guy is a warrior, HOF, ROH, etc etc but that number has to change folks if we are going to go anywhere next year folks. That's just ridiculous.

What do you think happens? That number has to come down to at least 70% at least. But does JG and Linny have the clout to do it? We are the slowest offense in football right now!
and so because are the slowest offense and Witten is slow, it's his fault? How about we get a QB that can make plays down the field, a WR that can catch the ball and a RB that can keep himself out of putting himself in bad situations. We do that and maybe we can worry about Witten. You guys are crazy.