Witten played 98.4% of the snaps in 2017

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Problems were with Garrett being protected. He should have been shown the door after the Atlanta game. And think about how many more first downs Dak could have had if JW could you know, RUN.
Garrett never should have been shown the "entrance" door to begin with.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can sit there with a straight face and tell me Witten doesn't fall short of the sticks more often than not, you are either blind, or so delusional you need to see a doctor. Either way, Witten has lost a step, maybe 2. And if you cant see that and can still sit here and say nothing is wrong we are ok, I cant help you, other than to say "clap clap clap"

Nobody suggested Jason hasn’t lost a step. That isn’t the question. The question was whether or not he should lose snaps to somebody on the roster or whether we should spend limited sreources this offseason on a replacement when there are much bigger needs elsewhere.

But if it really does happen ‘more often than not,’ that Witten’s speed costs us first downs, it shouldn’t be all that hard to point out examples of where it really hurt us last season. I can point out instances of the protection breakdowns and the drops and pick sixes that I think were the back breakers in return if that helps.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess you're right, the last 15 years have been great! All those rings...

You can do better, Jarv. I’m not defending everything the team does. I’m saying let’s criticize things that are actual issues and not just lash out emotionally at everything because we’re unhappy and can’t handle disappointment constructively.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can do better, Jarv. I’m not defending everything the team does. I’m saying let’s criticize things that are actual issues and not just lash out emotionally at everything because we’re unhappy and can’t handle disappointment constructively.

Well it's pretty evident that I have more criticisms of the team than you do. I don't consider that a crime but a wish and voice on how I wish the organization as a whole to get better.

Call me emotional about that, guilty as charged. Maybe Tom Landry wouldn't be happy about it, but he has a better track record to tell me that than you do :)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nobody suggested Jason hasn’t lost a step. That isn’t the question. The question was whether or not he should lose snaps to somebody on the roster or whether we should spend limited sreources this offseason on a replacement when there are much bigger needs elsewhere.

But if it really does happen ‘more often than not,’ that Witten’s speed costs us first downs, it shouldn’t be all that hard to point out examples of where it really hurt us last season. I can point out instances of the protection breakdowns and the drops and pick sixes that I think were the back breakers in return if that helps.

I'd like to see him sit more plays just for the sake of having slightly fresher legs on the rest of the snaps. I know offensive lineman don't rotate but I don't see why a tight end needs that many snaps a game. Give the man a breather.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak played 98.59% and both Fred and Collins played 100%.

The guy is a warrior, HOF, ROH, etc etc but that number has to change folks if we are going to go anywhere next year folks. That's just ridiculous.

What do you think happens? That number has to come down to at least 70% at least. But does JG and Linny have the clout to do it? We are the slowest offense in football right now!
We will draft a TE.

Witten will split time in the offense and we will be fine.

There are several TE they are looking at in the 3rd-4th Rds.

Book it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played 98.59% and both Fred and Collins played 100%.

The guy is a warrior, HOF, ROH, etc etc but that number has to change folks if we are going to go anywhere next year folks. That's just ridiculous.

What do you think happens? That number has to come down to at least 70% at least. But does JG and Linny have the clout to do it? We are the slowest offense in football right now!

Being a slow offense has much more to do with the WR position than the TE position, especially the TE position on a run committed team. Nevertheless, I agree with you that is too big a number for Witten. Sure he should play most plays, but we have to figure out how to incorporate other TE's, and not just as blockers, but as receivers too. Frankly it hurts the offense to not take advantage of other options because the more a defense has to worry about, the more difficult it is for them to stop the opponent. If I didn't believe we have other TE's with good hands it would be different, but it doesn't take Witten level hands to be a solid contributor. Merely another 250-300 yards out of other TE's would make a difference.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I don’t care about Dak. Dak ran a 4.75 so who cares.
I am comparing Witt’s numbers according to you to Rods combine numbers.

Show me a link or you are just BSing.

That's the beauty of freedom of speech. We can say whatever we want. If someone (like yourself) has any doubts, you are more than welcome to look it up yourself to see if he's right or wrong. He doesn't have to prove anything.

Reaction score
And it's not Daks fault that Witten can't get open beyond 5 yds.

I seem to recall Witten wide open about 20 yards downfield and Dak threw an int instead going for a checkdown. Not the first time he missed seeing open recievers downfield eithe. Guess if they're past 5 yards they're out of his range. I actually tried to post the pic but can't for some reason.

Zman5

Reaction score
That's the beauty of freedom of speech. We can say whatever we want. If someone (like yourself) has any doubts, you are more than welcome to look it up yourself to see if he's right or wrong. He doesn't have to prove anything.

Do you live in Russia? What you described is called fake news here in the US. You can't just go make bunch of BS claims without providing proof.

Zman5

Reaction score
Pay attention to pre season and training camp you can learn things that way

Stop it with this BS. Unless you can show a link, you are just making stuff up.

BTW, I'm Jason Garrett and I'm the HC of the Dallas Cowboys. If you don't believe me, prove it that I'm not.