News: Witten says its his job to make it tough on the coaches to not play him

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We didn't need Witten to run a three yard pattern play when we need 7. It's one of our permanent "wrinkles" in the offense.

Blake

Reaction score
ESPN should mic Witt up and have him provide real-time commentary on the field. He'll continually stumble over his words while getting stopped short of the stixs on 3rd down.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Witten, lots of weapons on this team and there's a lot of pressure to succeed. Even the best twist on an interview doesn't change the fact that even Jason Witten knows he's just along for the ride.

Big_D

Reaction score
As long as Cooper, Gallup, Cobb and Zeke have more targets than any TE. Speed guys. A monumental shift in philosophy from Wittens prime years. No doubt he was a great TE, but speed should’ve been seeing more targets then too. They put too much on a position that is supposed to be a compliment. Something wrong if he breaks the top 3.

Big_D

Reaction score
Hopefully, Witten is the 5th or 6th option for this offense next year.

If you’re overthrowing to the TE. You’re either not getting it to the outside or you’re just unable to make the throws. Not saying Dak can’t, but overusing that check down means a problem exists somewhere else. This is their best offense in years so that should not be the case.

Techsass

Reaction score
This is a meritocracy, if he earns his plays, so be it. As long as he doesn't take Rico's 2 plays a game.
So what's Rico been doing with them?
Just to be clear I'm still blown away by that one catch he made over the defender that got in front of him.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I’m not going to act like Witten will be the 2012 version of himself... and I’m sure he even recognizes he’s in the twilight of his NFL career.

But I wish people would quit acting like Witten is useless. His veteran presence and knowledge is still very serviceable. Especially, with two young hopefuls behind him. Witten isn’t going to run past anyone, but his route running and knowledge of the nuances of the game still make him valuable, not to mention.. he instantly is our best blocking TE on the roster. He’s reliable and rarely plays out of position.

So let’s actually show some respect for our future HOF TE. For those that make snarky remarks ab 5 yard routes.. besides the fact that your wrong, you apparently didn't realize how much Scott Linehan scheme had to do with his routes. He can still play... just watch a few plays from his last season.

Hardline

Reaction score
I’m not going to act like Witten will be the 2012 version of himself... and I’m sure he even recognizes he’s in the twilight of his NFL career.

But I wish people would quit acting like Witten is useless. His veteran presence and knowledge is still very serviceable. Especially, with two young hopefuls behind him. Witten isn’t going to run past anyone, but his route running and knowledge of the nuances of the game still make him valuable, not to mention.. he instantly is our best blocking TE on the roster. He’s reliable and rarely plays out of position.

So let’s actually show some respect for our future HOF TE. For those that make snarky remarks ab 5 yard routes.. besides the fact that your wrong, you apparently didn't realize how much Scott Linehan scheme had to do with his routes. He can still play... just watch a few plays from his last season.

Amen. I'm tired of being the only Witten defender here.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
% of all TE plays / game:

Distribute them (%) like this...

Witten: 35%
Jarwin: 35%
Schultz: 15%
Rico: 15%

CowboyRoy

Reaction score