Twitter: Witten wants to play, but could it be with the Giants?

slick325

Reaction score
Play until you feel you can't Witt! Most athletes don't leave sports by their choice. They leave because no teams want them anymore (cut, released, waived and never signed again) or leave due to injury. Do your thing 82.

All that being said, I think he needs to play elsewhere and if he lands with the Giants...cool. He'll always be the Cowboys HOF TE.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Reminds me of when Emmitt went to the Cardinals after it was clear that he needed to call it quits. Witten has been a great player, but if Dallas doesn't bring him back, he needs to ride off into the sunset.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Reminds me of when Emmitt went to the Cardinals after it was clear that he needed to call it quits. Witten has been a great player, but if Dallas doesn't bring him back, he needs to ride off into the sunset.
Maybe, but Emmitt was clearly washed up even during his last years here. Witten can still get open for firsts, just a matter of playcalling. He won't get the YAC but he'll move the chains.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m pretty sour on Jason Witten.
I’m only sour on how the Cowboys used him. If he wants to play, he should be a role player getting maybe 35-40% of the offensive snaps, not the primary TE getting 75-80% of the offensive snaps. But I can’t blame Witten for accepting the playing time he was given. I can, however, blame the team for giving it.