Twitter: Witten wants to play, but could it be with the Giants?

doomsday808

Reaction score
He can go anywhere and see some play time. He will retire a Cowboy. I'm fine with that. Time for a new era.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It would make no sense for an aging player who’s pretty much washed up to want to play for a Giants team that’s not even close to contending. The only thing that would be keeping him around is wanting to play in a Super Bowl.
NY would not be a SB contender for Jason.

I hate watching once great players have to get humbled like this.

I guess that is why we all love Youtube.

Nobody ages there.

:angry:

lwehlers

Reaction score
as much as I do not want to see witten in a giants uniform I still will root for him to do good. just do not look good against the cowboys.

vnick

Reaction score
I really don't understand the hatred some have for Witten. He's been one of the best Cowboys in the past decade and he always carried himself the right way, gave back to the community, and continues to work with charities. It really is embarrassing that some don't have respect for what he accomplished. He's not what he used to be, but he laced it up and hardly ever missed a game. He was a good pass catcher and one hellova blocker. Really...I wouldn't think I would find this many who had lack of respect for what he brought to the team.

Bing

Reaction score
Witten is one of those players that just dont know when to quit. He is doing nothing but harming his legacy now.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
As long as he keeps this when he joins the Giants...
Dn5fvFhW0AABYSh.jpg

Alweezy

Reaction score
No chance he joins the Giants.

He’s not sniffing snaps from Evan Engram or Kaden Smith.

So a 3rd option for a terrible team?
Yeah this should have been the clue to end this rumor.

I could see Dallas giving him a legacy roster spot but he would have to accept that he is not the starter. If that condition can't be met, then he got to go.

Reactions: CWR

Kaiser

Reaction score
He's not what he used to be, but he laced it up and hardly ever missed a game. He was a good pass catcher and one hellova blocker. Really...I wouldn't think I would find this many who had lack of respect for what he brought to the team.

Couldn't agree more. He is half what he used to be and he isn't owed a starting job, but he got the reps last year because he is still a better overall option than the others.

Fans are too accustomed to the highlight plays and they forget how valuable the safety valve plays are. Having Witten as the safe third option on every play doesn't go in the highlights but its one of the reasons our offense went from 22nd in yardage in 2018 to 1st in 2019.

csirl

Reaction score
I'd say that there's a few Cowboys FA who'll seriously consider joining Garrett to experience Camp Cupcake or the Hot Boyz II excusions to sample the NY night life.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I can understand his reluctance to walk away from football. He;s been playing the game since he was kid in Pee Wee. It's a major part of his life.
I want him one more year here for the opportunity to the TD receiving record but as many of you have said.only as a third option.

This is the reason I want him gone.

TroyEmmittAndMichael

Reaction score
Just like Emmitt gojng to the Cardinals. Roy Williams hit him and broke his collarbone. Same might happen to Witt if we get a real safety.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Much respect for Witten, he can do whatever he wants to do. If he wants to play I would be glad to have him as a backup TE on the Cowboys if McCarthy wanted him. He just has to undetstand his role.

I do feel going to the Giants would be a mistake as I can't see him getting significant playing time or the Giants as a contender in 2020. If he wanted to play and the Cowboys weren't an option he should consider going to a team that will likely contend.