Women's World Cup

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
always fun to be the best in the world.
pretty big fan of the uswnt and have been for a long time.
hoping they win the cup again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm watching it, but only because every TV in Hooters is tuned in to that channel.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am watching it. Big mistake by the US goalie to pass to your teammate that has a opponent on her that close to the goal. US player should have sense the pressure an one touched it out of there. It is basic concept of soccer. Take chances in the offensive third. Play it safe in your defensive third.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Goalie should have never put that defender in that position - she can see the whole field - pass it out wide or just kick it downfield.

Didn't like this goalie from the jump.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Just want to say this I hate this new concept of defending corner kicks. I see too many goals because no one is on the front or back post.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I am watching and largely enjoying it despite VAR's best efforts to ruin it.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone watching England thrashing Norway? Looks like we are playing ourselves into genuine contention.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to see any games so far, gonna watch today.
This could be the game where it is pumped up so much that it could turn out to be a dud or one team gets totally blown out. Let’s hope it is not the US but you never know.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
France out played the US for the most part but couldn't capitalize vs a stingy back 4 and US did enough to get the W. I thought the US lost their patience and was pressing a bit too much. Best game of tourney thus far.

Sweden with a really nice win over Germany, probably the biggest surprise for me thus far. They started shaky then settled down defensively and executed a some nice counters to take it home.

I like the defender Dunn - Nice player

I have a love, hate relationship with her. She is a great athlete who makes a ton of plays, but at the same time is out of position and very sloppy with her passing at times. Pretty sure she is playing out of position though, so sure that factors in.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
France out played the US for the most part but couldn't capitalize vs a stingy back 4 and US did enough to get the W. I thought the US lost their patience and was pressing a bit too much. Best game of tourney thus far.

Sweden with a really nice win over Germany, probably the biggest surprise for me thus far. They started shaky then settled down defensively and executed a some nice counters to take it home.

I have a love, hate relationship with her. She is a great athlete who makes a ton of plays, but at the same time is out of position and very sloppy with her passing at times. Pretty sure she is playing out of position though, so sure that factors in.
So far the Dutch might me the strongest team I've seen so far.

And yes I agree with you on Dunn, she has some flaws but I do like her fight.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I am watching it. Big mistake by the US goalie to pass to your teammate that has a opponent on her that close to the goal. US player should have sense the pressure an one touched it out of there. It is basic concept of soccer. Take chances in the offensive third. Play it safe in your defensive third.

Way to mansplain that one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm watching it, but only because every TV in Hooters is tuned in to that channel.

You know RW, TVs do exist outside of Hooters......

:thumbup:

I don't know if I told you BTW, we went to Hooters the other day after Little League, bought three signed shirts by the Hooters Girls, for my Grandsons. Was pretty cool.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know RW, TVs do exist outside of Hooters......

:thumbup:

I don't know if I told you BTW, we went to Hooters the other day after Little League, bought three signed shirts by the Hooters Girls, for my Grandsons. Was pretty cool.
The only thing I've ever had one of the girls sign is the calendar she was in. Did you have the kids pictures taken with the girls? I see that a lot, but you know it's the dad who wants the picture, not the five year old.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The only thing I've ever had one of the girls sign is the calendar she was in. Did you have the kids pictures taken with the girls? I see that a lot, but you know it's the dad who wants the picture, not the five year old.

Naugh, I started buying Hooters Shirts years ago. When my oldest Son was a little guy, I was away from home all the time. I mean, it was kinda rough for a few years so I would stop at Hooters in different cities and get signed shirts from the Hooter's Girls for him. It just kinda carried on and now that the boys are here, I just figured I'd get them some shirts. I just go in, buy three shirts and get my Waitress to get the girls to sign the shirts with their names on them (it helps when they see they are just little guys) and not old guys like me trying to get something signed, LOL.......