Wonder if we will see some offensive wrinkles on Sunday night

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly looked lost defensively after the first quarter as the 49ers start using a lot of motion and also bunch formations. Wonder if we may see McCarthy try to implement some of the same stuff the 49ers did with great success.

Now in fairness, it also helped that the 49ers, even with a suspect OL could run the ball with McCaffery. They found themselves in quite a few 2nd and 3rd and 5s or less. You do that, you take Philly's strength - rushing the passer - and temper it a bit.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Philly looked lost defensively after the first quarter as the 49ers start using a lot of motion and also bunch formations. Wonder if we may see McCarthy try to implement some of the same stuff the 49ers did with great success.

Now in fairness, it also helped that the 49ers, even with a suspect OL could run the ball with McCaffery. They found themselves in quite a few 2nd and 3rd and 5s or less. You do that, you take Philly's strength - rushing the passer - and temper it a bit.
Hope they plan on running anything like this

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Our typical Ceedee go in motion a few yards and go back isn't really enough to cause confusion, I hope we do add the wrinkles ALL night long

Tim93gt

Reaction score
Philly got lost with the motion yesterday. Hopefully we keep the motion we’ve seen the last few weeks going. A lot of the routes San Fran had success with are similar routes Dallas has run in the last few weeks.

Motion and Cee Dee and Ferguson will eat all day.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mike is not shanahan, Pollard is not McCaffery. U never see mike throw down field to pollard, SF did with Mc.
SF executed well on most of their plays.
Should be a fun game, and no telling what happens.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike is not shanahan, Pollard is not McCaffery. U never see mike throw down field to pollard, SF did with Mc.
SF executed well on most of their plays.
Should be a fun game, and no telling what happens.
Sad that we don't, but I bet if he went to another team, we'd see them do that for him, and it'll cause us to say WHAT!?????? He can do that? Yeah, he did it well in college

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles clearly came out fired up early. But as that wore off the 49ers execution beat them. The 49ers are a very well coached disciplined team for the most part. Their blocking on outside running plays is a thing of beauty honestly. Every guy takes a defender and holds his block long enough to the RBs get through. They did it to Dallas and to the Eagles. If you cannot defend this, you cannot beat the 49ers.

I don't think the motion did anything to the Eagles. The 49ers just executed better.

There were a couple of things I noted in the game. First, Chase Young was not disciplined in his pass rushing. He kept getting caught up inside leaving the left side wide open for Hurts. Hurts likes to go to the right but he did get a couple of runs to the left. We should keep this in mind because Dak like to run left.

The Eagles were throwing a lot of crossing routes early, from their right to left. This looked intentional and it led to their first FG. Something for Dallas to look at. What did the Eagles see in the 49ers defense?

What hurt the Eagles the most is the 49ers did not give them anything. With the exception of the stupid Greenlaw penalty, the 49ers were not called for much and the Eagles had to work for what they got.

Jarntt

Reaction score

I don't know, the wrinkles always seem to go poorly for us. I wouldn't mind CeeDee and Turpin on some jet sweeps though because I think we may struggle running up the middle and may need to open things up and get guys out in space with the ball

visionary

Reaction score
SF's YAC are disgusting. McCaffery and Deebo are hard to bring down and they get a bunch of chunk plays. We have the talent to do the same.
Our RB has lost explosiveness after injury and goes down at first contact, oh, and forget about any threat to run up the middle with him

So, no, we dont have the talent to do the same

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

In all seriousness, Philly's is very similar to ours, maybe a little better overall. Bully defenses. If you can stay out of obvious passing situations, you can do things against them. Keep from 3rd and longs, dont get down by two scores. And stay composed. They're CB's are good, but not good enough to contrain a top 5 WR without help. They showed that at the Linc. We just need to play better situational and clutch ball. That might be an issue because that has been their forte all year

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope we see a new spiral or two. Otherwise we could lose and that will send us spiraling. Or so I read.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Our RB has lost explosiveness after injury and goes down at first contact, oh, and forget about any threat to run up the middle with him

So, no, we dont have the talent to do the same
Dumb post.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
"I have enough wrinkles, thank you very much."

291652.jpg

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
SF's YAC are disgusting. McCaffery and Deebo are hard to bring down and they get a bunch of chunk plays. We have the talent to do the same.
Anyone notice that when SF does this McCaffery and Deebo get the credit, but the Dak homies always give Dak the credit for YAC when it happens in Dallas?