Woodson: The guys believe in Dak more than they every believed in Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Darren Woodson laid down some comments that are sure to be controversial among the Cowboys faithful.
By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Dec 27, 2018, 4:30pm

Just over a month ago Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor member Darren Woodson was announced as a semifinalist for the upcoming Pro Football Hall of Fame class. We’ll find out in January whether or not he makes it to the next phase.

January will also feature Dallas Cowboys football as the current squad is headed to the playoffs as NFC East Champions. Obviously the 2018 team is led by the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, DeMarcus Lawrence, and, of course, quarterback Dak Prescott.

There are a lot of thoughts about the Cowboys signal-caller and as an NFL analyst Woodson has some himself. During a pre-Christmas appearance on The Russillo Show he spoke of the warts that he sees in Dak’s game (he cited interceptions and fumbles), but he also added that he believes the team believes in Dak... more than they ever believed in Tony Romo.

There are some warts you see with Dak... I wish he could play four quarters of just error-free football. You’re not going to get that with Dak Prescott. You’re not. But what you are going to get is a leader of men. You’re going to get a guy who this team firmly believes in. Every player on that football team. I don’t care if they’re playing the Indianapolis Colts and they’re down by 23, when he’s on the sideline they believe in him.

I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought “okay well Romo’s going to bail us out,” “okay well we’re down by 14, Romo’s going to do this,” or “we’re up by 14 and Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.” No no no. They didn’t believe. There is something about this guy in that locker room that they all rally behind. And it’s not just the players. It’s the equipment staff. It’s the training staff. It’s the weight coaches. He has that ‘it’ factor about him and that’s the reason why Jerry is going to pay him.

Rest of the story.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ak-prescott-more-than-they-ever-did-tony-romo

DFWJC

Reaction score
2nd thread about Woody boosting Dak.
Pretty sure hes getting a percentage of any new contract he gets....must be on the pay roll
:muttley:

Now when be says “few years ago” he means 2016 with the broken up Tony, he may be right. But as much as I love Woody, he's way over the top with his pet cat lately.
Thats fine. Hes in love with Dak. People are allowedtheir favorites.
He is part of that lockerrom really, so the rest are his projections

Last edited:

sbark

Reaction score
Well what else can they say
They've seen those who are outspoken under Garrett disappear Once they dissent on scheme, snaps, dak etc

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2nd thread about Woody boosting Dak.
Pretty sure hes getting a percentage of any new contract he gets....must be on the pay roll
:muttley:

Now when be says “few years ago” he means 2016 with the broken up Tony, he may be right. But as much as I love Woody, hes way over the top with his pet cat lately.
And Nate is jealous! Lol

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
I think Woody is partially correct. If we were up by 14 points I actually would feel better with Dak over Romo. Like it or not Romo did pick some bad times to make mistakes.

But if we were down by 14, Romo is definitely my man. I never felt out of a game with Romo at QB. He could generate lots of points very quickly at times. Dak is pretty clutch. Down by only 7, then yeah I'd feel decent with him. But down 14? Dak just is not good enough to generate buckets of points when needed. I'd feel, down by 14 points, we had already lost the game.

Tommy

Reaction score
Sure they do, lol. Sure they do.
Sure they do. When they were down by 23 to the Colts the whole team believed that Dak was going to take the team on his shoulders and bring them back for a win.

The whole team can see that the defense stacks the box every week to stop Zeke because they are not afraid of Dak and the passing game.

But hey, Woodson used to play football so whatever he says must be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.