1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Working at a Covid Testing site

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Doomsday101, May 26, 2020.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    Not to be the crass capitalist or anything, but are you going to get reimbursed for all the work you have done?

Robbieac likes this.
  2. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    It wasn't just elective surgery departments.

Hospitals in America are for-profit. They're businesses. When businesses dont have customers, they lose income. When businesses lose income, they cut expenses, which means layoffs.

So people arent paying for elective surgeries. People are home safe and not out getting injured or sick. People are toughing things out at home because no one wants to go to a hospital (unless they have to) during a highly infectious viral pandemic. Etc.

So hospitals weren't doing business, and weren't making money, and so, ironically, they started cutting jobs at hospitals in some areas while hospitals in places like NY were desperate for help.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Jammer likes this.
  3. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

20,015 Messages
    22,659 Likes Received
    We have received about half of what is owed so far....we are no longer in the red :thumbup:

Kaiser likes this.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,784 Messages
    23,145 Likes Received

More people were doing very good before this crisis. Jobs were plentiful as unemployment was at record lows, wages were up. When shutting down a nation it is going to cause economical damage no matter what system of Government is in place so no I don't agree that people at the top failed us, they had no control over this virus. China knew what was going on and they hid the facts, WHO knew what was happening and they covered for China. Lastly how the hell can a business pay employees if they are not making money to pay their employees? Life is not a free ride and Government has done much to help ease the pain and spent over 2 trillion dollars and chances are another round will be coming but we cant sustain this and keep business closed. I have worked since this whole thing started I have survived it, 98% will survive it should they get it, you do not keep an entire nation shut down.

5. Doomsday101

96,784 Messages
    23,145 Likes Received
    and my point is the health care system did not fail, it did not collapse.

Kaiser likes this.
  6. Doomsday101

96,784 Messages
    23,145 Likes Received
    Life is filled with risk and sure being smart to reduce risk is key.

Jammer likes this.
  7. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

6,104 Messages
    5,378 Likes Received
    I'm sure it will be strongly recommended by my employer as well. I work for the state. But a strong recommendation is still a request.

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  8. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

10,966 Messages
    16,046 Likes Received
    Our administration and command staff are a bunch of crooks. Time and time again they do what they please and then tie us up in court where they ultimately lose. They dont care about legal fees because they put it on the tax payers. So we will have to see about their "request."

9. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    You're getting close to politics but I'll just say that when I refer to "people at the top" I don't mean strictly at the top of politics.

The wealthy elite have the resources to keep us afloat just fine if they wanted, but then they might lose some money, and they dont want that. Money drives decisions in this country, and so all the financial risk was put on the masses while the elites stayed home in their mansions. Sure, we got our 1200 each but billionaires made billions off that stimulus package. Airline CEOs made billions off fiscally irresponsible business and then got it all back for their companies from that stimulus package. Normal people who were fiscally irresponsible prior to this, they just went bankrupt.

I really dont want to discuss this further here. If you believe that the way this money game was played is the only way it could have been played then that's your opinion and I respectfully disagree.

ActualCowboysFan likes this.
  10. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

16,781 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    Curious since I am not a hospital/medical worker, what exactly is proper treatment at this time? What are they doing in hospitals that actually helps treat the virus? What actually works? Or is it mostly just luck, and not really dependant on care?

Serious question since I've not heard of any confirmed successful treatment yet.

Robbieac likes this.
  11. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

20,015 Messages
    22,659 Likes Received
    It is viral, you treat the symptoms :thumbup:

Kevinicus likes this.
  12. Ghost12

Ghost12 Well-Known Member

1,149 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I have read reports that plasma therapy from recovered individuals has been a successful treatment. Those accounts are anecdotal and are currently being formally tested, but there does seem to be a lot of hope and legitimacy.

Kaiser likes this.
  13. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

14,200 Messages
    30,675 Likes Received

I’m not a doctor either. Keep the symptoms managed as much as possible.

If they’re having trouble breathing, oxygen therapy to help them breath. Anti inflammatory medication if there is inflammation of the lungs. These are particularly important for the patients whose blood oxygen levels drop.

If the blood pressure is high, medicine to keep it at a healthy level. Fever reducers to keep the fever low.

anti biotics if the person develops pneumonia and the doctor suspects a co-occurring bacterial infection.

Different things like that to keep the person stable until their immune system can fight off the virus.

Kevinicus likes this.
  14. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,944 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received
    Not attacking you per se but I don’t like the Pro-, anti- Vax labels....
    Usually anti vax is used as a dismissive, derogatory label and I admit there are some people who are a bit extreme and irrational about vaccines...being military i was stuck with every vaccine big pharma could think of regardless of utility.
    I got anthrax...it was like snake venom and I know some who had horrific reactions to it. But they would kick you out if you refused it. Meanwhile, there wasn’t a shred of credible, imminent intel that anthrax was really a threat. Nonetheless fast forward, my oldest child had bad reactions to MMR shots so we didn’t finish the series. I know others the same.
    I consider myself “vax-cautious” if I must be labeled and categorized. It’s really been pretty recently when they took mercury (yes toxic mercury) out of the MMR. Now obviously there are some vaccines out there that have been around for decades and saved millions. I’m good with those. But I’m not good with unproven elixir that was rushed to production and mindless propaganda promoting it, then pumping that crap into my kids veins. I hate even more when it’s mandated by law.
    Which btw, anyone find it suspicious that big pharma legally has been released of all liability for any damages caused by vaccines? It’s a law. Which begs the next concern I have, one related to COVID....will the powers that be mandate you get the vaccine when they make one? A vaccine likely to have a tiny subset of trials and testing....? We’ll see...

Kaiser likes this.
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    Same here, I got the Anthrax pills in Desert Storm where they told us they were proven and they clearly were not.

My post on "anti-vax" is the Jim Carrey types, you are in the very small percentage that have a reaction so I'm not criticizing you at all. There is a small percentage that will have an issue just like you.

I also have a friend that is a Neurology Professor that spaces the immunizations for his kids out quarterly instead of doing a bunch at one time. My post above was that I'm not going to rush out to get this one, I'm going to do a lot of homework on it first.

ghst187 likes this.
  16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,944 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received

Yep 100%.
    Anthrax pills? I never heard of those! Didn’t realize they were ever a thing. I remember there were quite a few folks who had horrific reactions to the anthrax shots that they finally halted them. I also remember it was mandatory to get the flu shot...which to this day I believe is generally useless...wife is biomedical and theorizes the flu shot and how they make it may be encouraging the mutations and new strains

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    They gave them out to everyone in Desert Storm before the ground war and said they were completely safe and tested, but they weren't. One of the early theories of Gulf War Syndrome was the combination of these with bug juice. It actually wasn't that, it was low grade exposure to VX gas but that won't be a formal admission for a long time -

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exp...gmine bromide (PB),with the nerve agent soman.