Would Andy Isabella be an instant uprade over Cole Beasley?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
By the end of his rookie season, he’d be an upgrade IMO. It would take him a little time to get there though.

So, no, not instant... but he can do a lot more and is really dangerous with the ball in his hands.

He will be significantly better I think. Like him a lot.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
By the end of his rookie season, he’d be an upgrade IMO. It would take him a little time to get there though.

I think teams would have to respect Isabella more. His stats may not be equivalent as a rookie. However from what he threatens that Beasley doesn't, he would be an instant upgrade. He would make the offense much more diverse.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So, no, not instant... but he can do a lot more and is really dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Him and Samuel are my guys if we do go WR. I like Samuels flexibility to play anywhere. Isabella is likely a slot only, but he threatens every portion of the field from the slot

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think teams would have to respect Isabella more. His stats may not be equivalent as a rookie. However from what he threatens that Beasley doesn't, he would be an instant upgrade. He would make the offense much more diverse.

I agree with that except I think it’ll take him some games to get acclimated, which is fine.

On punt returns, he’d be way, way more dangerous the second Dallas drafted him.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Him and Samuel are my guys if we do go WR. I like Samuels flexibility to play anywhere. Isabella is likely a slot only, but he threatens every portion of the field from the slot
I’d love to see Dallas somehow get Hakeem Butler. That’s my guy. In 3 WR sets just bring him in on the outside and move Coop into the slot. That’d be a dangerous trio IMO.

I think that Butler would be a nightmare to deal with for DB’s. The boundary corner would have to cover Cooper on one play and then a behemoth Butler the next.

Great athleticism for such a huge guy and he can really run.

I do like Isabella too though.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I’d love to see Dallas somehow get Hakeem Butler. That’s my guy. In 3 WR sets just bring him in on the outside and move Coop into the slot. That’d be a dangerous trio IMO.

I think that Butler would be a nightmare to deal with for DB’s. The boundary corner would have to cover Cooper on one play and then a behemoth Butler the next.

Great athleticism for such a huge guy and he can really run.

I do like Isabella too though.
I love Butler too, but I'm afraid he would be a luxury at this point. I'd take Isabella for his punt return ability as well as his ability as a slot receiver.

tm1119

Reaction score
What is it that people think needs to be an upgrade over Beasley??...other than the fact that he may or may not be delusional about his contract demands.

Do people really think we are going to get another slot WR that upgrades the offense? The Cole Beasley under performing problem wasn’t a Cole Beasley problem, it was some combo of our offensive scheme and QB.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Long term? Yes, by a landslide.

He’s a little bigger and gives you a speed element Beas isn’t even close to.

RS12

Reaction score
You wanna owe Beasley 20 mill guarenteed? Slot receivers can always be found late in the draft or via FA?

Verdammung

Reaction score
Isabella isn't on Beasley's level as a route runner; drafting him is projecting him to improve and upgrading on the speed front.

DanA

Reaction score
He'd be an instant upgrade because he's less predictable than Beasley. Beasley might be a more precise route runner within his specific route tree but Isabella has more versatility able to offer a threat on jet sweeps, on the outside, deep and also as a returner guy.