Would Andy Isabella be an instant uprade over Cole Beasley?

rambo2

Reaction score
Him and Samuel are my guys if we do go WR. I like Samuels flexibility to play anywhere. Isabella is likely a slot only, but he threatens every portion of the field from the slot
There you go. I'm with you. If Samuel is there at 58 I would take him. If he is gone, I would take Isabella, Jerry Tillery, or Darrell Henderson. Those would be my targets along with K. Saunders.

rambo2

Reaction score
What is it that people think needs to be an upgrade over Beasley??...other than the fact that he may or may not be delusional about his contract demands.

Do people really think we are going to get another slot WR that upgrades the offense? The Cole Beasley under performing problem wasn’t a Cole Beasley problem, it was some combo of our offensive scheme and QB.
Yes, Isabella is an upgrade. He is 7 years younger and a lot cheaper. Isabella is younger, faster, cheaper. He would be an awesome fit.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Do you believe he would or wouldnt be an instant upgrade over Beasley
He might be.
Real tough to speculate on players whohqvent taken anNFL snap.
And usually, WRs take a year or two to really kick in.

Looking forward to seeing Isabella works out.

In any case, Im ready to say adios to Cole.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
too bad beasley wants so much $. maybe too ez to replace just wish we didnt have use our 2nd round

jjktkk

Reaction score
What is it that people think needs to be an upgrade over Beasley??...other than the fact that he may or may not be delusional about his contract demands.

Do people really think we are going to get another slot WR that upgrades the offense?
I do not know if you can upgrade the offense with bringing in another slot WR, but if Beasley's contract demands become outrageous, the Cowboys might have to draft a replacement, or a more affordable option thru free agency. [/QUOTE]
The Cole Beasley under performing problem wasn’t a Cole Beasley problem, it was some combo of our offensive scheme and QB.
I agree that it wasn't Beasley's fault for his ineffectiveness. Having said that, the one knock on Beasley for me is his inability to be a threat in the return game. Me personally, I want my 3rd WR to be able to be a threat as a P/K returner. I like Beasley, but I would have reservations about paying top dollar for a slot WR who is one dimensional.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Rookie wide receivers are seldom an upgrade over a good, established receiver.

Instant upgrade, no. Upgrade in a year or two? Maybe. Maybe not.

Edelman had only 9 more catches, 178 yards and 3 more tds than Beasley, with Brady throwing to him. His stats this year were nearly identical to Beasley in 2016, when the run game was working and Dez and Witten were around to keep teams from doubling Beasley.

Beasley isn't the problem with this offense, if he can't be signed for a "reasonable" amount, then move on from him, but in this offense NO slot receiver is going to get 100 catches and 8-10 tds, which is what some people seem to want from Beasley...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Rookie wide receivers are seldom an upgrade over a good, established receiver.

Instant upgrade, no. Upgrade in a year or two? Maybe. Maybe not.

Edelman had only 9 more catches, 178 yards and 3 more tds than Beasley, with Brady throwing to him. His stats this year were nearly identical to Beasley in 2016, when the run game was working and Dez and Witten were around to keep teams from doubling Beasley.

Beasley isn't the problem with this offense, if he can't be signed for a "reasonable" amount, then move on from him, but in this offense NO slot receiver is going to get 100 catches and 8-10 tds, which is what some people seem to want from Beasley...

Beasley played in four more games than Edelman this past year.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Do you want them giving Beasley 20 million guaranteed and 10 per year

No, that's too much, but that is allegedly what he's asking for, not necessarily what he will take.

Just need to see if they can sign him for a reasonable amount before they go giving up draft picks or trading players to get another slot receiver, who likely won't get a ton of throws anyway, if Cooper stays, Gallup improves, etc....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you believe he would or wouldnt be an instant upgrade over Beasley
yes but forst off he wont make it out of round 1 we dont have a round one pick, ie Coop is that guy, thats said we cant use a 2nd on a WR.. we NEED,

DT/S/TE before we think WR at anypoint.. we have Cedrick Wilson in the mix with Brown, Gallup and Coop and add another maybe mid level FA or Tavon..

so this is more dreaming..