Would any other team in the NFL give Prescott 35 million?

John813

Reaction score
TB is the only team I see that might offer a lot and that is assuming they pass on Crab legs Winston. Arians would have to want him also. And TB is pretty cheap. Miami might be the other team but they have Rosen and might have a shot at some of the QBs in the 2020 draft.

I honestly don't see a team offering $30M for Dak. Dak should just take what Jerry is offering and be happy. Dak should take $25M/yr plus the $7M/yr in endorsements and smile.

Yes Miami wants to tank for a while. No way they want to spend big bucks on a QB now. Besides, Dak would die behind that line.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would bet money nobody would give him over 25....Seriously. :popcorn:

I mean look @ the market...there really isn't that many spots open for a starting QB. And your not gonna pay Prescott 30 or whatever and have another guy making millions...competing for a job.

Cowboys are betting against themselves....to keep a mediocure QB.

Honestly...I think they made a mistake not drafting someone to mentor this season (Ryan Finley)...in case this contract situation got out of hand....like it is now....and have a fall back plan in the works.

gmoney112

Reaction score
When he's a FA next year? Maybe. Who knows. If they're a team with a lot of young talent and no QB, they might. I doubt a year after the CBA if $35million is even a top 5 contract.

I don't want to pay him $35m either, but if it came down to giving up premium draft picks for this team and risking that the guy doesn't end up being significantly better, wasting years, or allocating cap space that we have and doesn't really affect us one way or another, I'll always say give up the cap space. Dak is good enough, if we could stop the run last year we'd be in the NFC Championship game against a team we already beat.

Save the picks for building the rest of the team.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Quite a stupid response. First of all, not even close to every team is set at qb..in addition, teams that need qbs don't say, no thanks we aren't interesting in fixing the most difficult position to fill in sports, we will try our luck w the draft...nice try
Normally I would speak up against the attacking of someone's post and or the name calling. But that is an Eagles fan you are talking too. So have at him.

:thumbup:

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
No.
Dak is a very very good “bus driver” who needs a superstar RB, WR, OL, and Defense on the bus in order to go win. You don’t pay 30 for that much less 35.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
No. Teams that COULD be looking for a QB in 2020: Dolphins, Bengals, Titans, Raiders, Lions, Buccaneers, 49ers. A lot of teams either have a recent draft pick they are trying out or the team is set at QB.
I think of those 7 teams 4 of them will be looking for a QB. Most of them prefer to go through the draft. I think Dak would get a Jimmy G/Kirk Cousins contract.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The only way a team gives him that kind of money is if he wins an mvp or super bowl.
That’s how we should view it as well.

He plays poorly this year good luck getting 25-30 million from some other team.If he plays great and wins something you give him top qb money.

I could care less what the market is. People like to use wentz on here. Wentz was on his way to an mvp season when he got hurt. His regular season is a huge reason the eagles won.

Dak hasn’t even proven he can win without zeke.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe. In 3 years he won division twice and went to playoffs and won a game. His rookie season was one of the best of any rookie QB.

If he was picked in the top 10 of the first round. You would expect these stats and accomplishments. Because he was picked in later rounds I wonder if fans look different at him.
I doubt it. in the NFL, after 3 seasons, its not about the round. its about your ability. fans care about draft round. players and teams don't. not after 3 years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think that way would. There’s a severe lack of talent in the league at the quarterback position and Dak is a proven winner.

After this year, you’ll see why he’s worth $35M. Quarterbacks typically have their breakout in the 4th year. They better get a deal done this year or it could be $40M next year.
brady won superbowl in his second year. so did Wilson. Wilson went to superbowl his third year... Rodgers sat on the bench for a few years before he broke out.

if he produces like a top 5 QB, then maybe but not until then. unless you are attributing all the wins to him?

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Dak is really only a fit with a loaded team that is a capable and not necessarily spectacular QB away from serious contention. I don’t think that exists right now. Dallas really feels like the only fit for him unless I’m forgetting someone.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Garrapolo will probably be available next year, lets save the money for him....

jnday

Reaction score
It's just the market, he is in line ...it always goes up. Salaries never retract in the NFL. He could be top paid this year and next year be the 6th top paid. I think there would be teams that would pay Dak SERIOUS money given their QB problems the last 10 years if they had the chance and didn't already make decisions for the season...
The question becomes, “ is Dak the best QB in the league this year or will he perform a miracle and move up to the 6th ranked QB next year?”. I have serious doubts about either situation happening, so why should anybody pay a below average/average QB top money at any time in that QB’s average career?