Would any other team in the NFL give Prescott 35 million?

csirl

Reaction score
Who cares what other teams would pay Dak, the Cowboys are going to pay him.

Many posters said he'd be signed to a long term contract before training camp. No sign of it happening anytime soon.

Right now we have to assume that Dak will be a FA at the end of the season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes another team would do it, hell Jimmy Garoppolo got a top contract a couple a years ago making him one of the highest and has not done anything.

Brax

Reaction score
All of these new posters creating these dumb threads all have to be the same person.
boo hoo don't cry, be happy there are some new people using the board.
thumb_00h-ooh-008-16161018.png

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Love Dak but $35 is too much. Wentz is at $32. That is fair.

Quibbling over $3m is dumb, imo, if you're ultimately going to pay him anyway. If you delay the deal, the price will likely rise anyway once Goff and some of the other upcoming extensions get done.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Yes, but only because the market for QBs is broken right now and there is always a team that's desperate to find one.

It's definitely not what I want to pay him, but someone would. He's just the next guy to get paid too much at the position but another will come along soon enough.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It’s a meaningless question. Many teams would trade their current starter for Dak right now, but nobody would pay him $35 million a year to come play for them. BUT, none of the teams with inferior QB situations would be any worse off. Dallas would go from contender to 6-10 or worse overnight.

So no, nobody else would pay Dak that much but it’s a completely meaningless point.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Absolutely not. And they would be stupid to do so.

Debatable

What isn’t debatable is that Dallas would be incredibly stupid NOT to do so.

That lack of nuance many of you flaunt on this board is shocking sometimes.

Brax

Reaction score
You’re another one that won’t be pissed. I’ve never seen you post a day in my life where did you come from?
what are you "pissed" about I surely am not, I don't get it, guy just asking a legit question. Upset you delusions about Dak with so many saying no?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I am not arguing Wentz vs Dak. I like Dak better but lots would disagree. Wentz has an average salary of 32 MM. That is the number plus or minus 500k. Tweak the guaranteed money if you need the agent to shut the hell up but this 35 or 40 talk is beyond stupid. Dak’s number is 32ish. Not a penny more.

I mostly agree, but I would say 30 to 31-ish. At 35 or 40, it's "let him walk" time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
what are you "pissed" about I surely am not, I don't get it, guy just asking a legit question. Upset you delusions about Dak with so many saying no?
Its not about what he asked its about him asking the same damn thing 10 other people have asked lol. And what this site says doesn't dictate fact or fiction lol. No one on this site would've gave Kirk Cousins 28 million but well there you go.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Of course. Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo come to mind quickly of teams that would. And look at how successful those teams are. And we will overpay, which is why I have said that this team resembles those 3 in the way things are run. Now we are better than those teams...but we have have had more talent than those teams (usually) and have not made the NFC Championship game since '95. When went from expecting to compete for the Suber Bowl to hoping to make the playoffs...how pathetic are the Jones. Cannot stand the Jones...wish they'd sell to a person who really wants to win for the fans...not for an over-bloated ego like the Jones who only want to win if they get credit.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
I think half a dozen teams would pay Dak 35m
1. Broncos
2. Commanders
3. Dolphins
4. Bills
5. Giants
6. Bengals

He’s better than not having a QB and worth 35m for them.

There is NO WAY the Bengals are signing him for 35 million. They may need a QB but they will not spend that amount on a QB, they will go cheap and draft first. Dolphins are tanking this year to secure a top pick to get a QB in the draft, they won't sign him either. Haskins and Jones would have to lose legs for the the Commanders and Giants to give up on them after 1 year. They might draft a QB (like Arizona did, but they won't shell out 35 million). Denver is very much in play, and Elway is dumb/desperate enough to do it, but they are probably going to be pretty bad this year and will have a shot at a QB in the draft, but that is a legitimate landing spot. Buffalo would have to be convinced that Allen is a bust, which is a possibility so they might be an option. Oakland is one you didn't mention and they would probably do it, they can get out from under Carr pretty easily after this year. San Francisco can get out of the Garoppolo contract fairly easily after this year and they could possibly do 35 for Dak, if they deemed the QB as the only problem on their team. Tennessee and Tampa could be possibilities, but Dak doesn't fit anywhere close to what Arians wants it TB, so he would probably have to leave as well as Winston. Detroit could decide it is time to move on from Stafford and make 35 M work. Indianapolis certainly has the cap space for him but would have to decide that Luck is done/not worth the injury concerns. New Orleans could actually make it work as well. If Brees calls it quits (not under contract for next year) they could possibly fit him in, would be tight and would need to make adjustments. However, they have never had Brees make that amount of money, so why would they give it to Dak? So a very long shot that they would do it.

So possibilities:
1. Oakland- Very real chance, I think Gruden and Mayock both liked Dak in the draft (Gruden liked everyone though)
2. Denver- Very real chance
3. Tennessee- Could easily move on from Mariota and Dak fits there system, but would they spend 35M?
4. San Francisco- move on from Garoppolo and spend money- doubt it?
5. Detroit- a possibility but not sure they would do the 35M, Stafford is considered a better QB but they don't like his contract as it is now.
6. Buffalo- ready to give up on Allen and spend money- doubt it?
7. Tampa- have to get rid of Winston and Arians, and spend money.
8. Indianapolis- only if Luck is done
9. Miami- tanking for a QB in the draft
10. Cincinnati- won't spend the money
11. New Orleans- very big long shot

I think Oakland and Denver are really the only two teams that would be willing to do 35M+, and mainly because they have two of the worst front offices in the NFL.
I think Tennessee, San Francisco, and Detroit would considered DAK but not at 35K (top 5 money).
I think the money and moving on from what they have takes everyone else out of the mix.