Would any other team in the NFL give Prescott 35 million?

jnday

Reaction score
For starters, all 3 of our division rivals would pay him close to $35 mil/season (Eagles, Commanders and Giants) if Dak was on their teams. guarantee it. Those owners and their coaches are not stupid. They know Dak's worth and potential.
I seriously doubt that. Each of our division rivals have QBs on their rosters as good, if not better. You really overrate Dak. They have several QBs on their rosters that I would rather have instead of a Dak and I know that I am not alone in feeling that way.

jnday

Reaction score
Of course. Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo come to mind quickly of teams that would. And look at how successful those teams are. And we will overpay, which is why I have said that this team resembles those 3 in the way things are run. Now we are better than those teams...but we have have had more talent than those teams (usually) and have not made the NFC Championship game since '95. When went from expecting to compete for the Suber Bowl to hoping to make the playoffs...how pathetic are the Jones. Cannot stand the Jones...wish they'd sell to a person who really wants to win for the fans...not for an over-bloated ego like the Jones who only want to win if they get credit.
Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo have better QBs on their roster than Dak and it is not even close. Mayfield is going to be a top five QB in this league.

khiladi

Reaction score
They would simply by the fact QBs are over-paid in this league. Would they regret the decision, especially a team with a mediocre roster, and not one that has significant talent to overcome his warts? Hell yeah..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If the question or thread offends you....gasp.....don’t click
Has nothing to do with offending other posters. What's offending is making up a thread indicating Prescott asked for 35 million without any links backing up your so called assumption. FAKE NEWS/Attention Thread

Prescott is looking for around 25 million annually. And yes, another NFL team would pay him that annually.

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/08/why-the-cowboys-should-seriously-consider-trading-ezekiel-elliott/
Go away, Rowdy. Dak and his agent aren't asking for 35M. They want a couple of bucks more than what Wince got (32M+) but the Jones' are sticking to their ~30M guns.
Gotta love the lonely trolls. :rolleyes:

jnday

Reaction score
It’s a meaningless question. Many teams would trade their current starter for Dak right now, but nobody would pay him $35 million a year to come play for them. BUT, none of the teams with inferior QB situations would be any worse off. Dallas would go from contender to 6-10 or worse overnight.

So no, nobody else would pay Dak that much but it’s a completely meaningless point.
There is only a couple, if any that would trade for Dak. On the other hand, there are backup QBs on rosters that could succeed in Dallas where they would be surrounded by Pro Bowl talent and they could do it just as well, if not better than Dak. How hard could it be to find a QB that doesn’t struggle to pass for 200 yards or lead the league in fumbles at his position? I forgot to mention the massive number of sacks that Dak causes due to his poor pocket awareness and indecisive play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The cut off point is definitely a tough judgement call.

It definitely is. Trust I'd prefer it be 28-30.....maybe 32 if you want to use the Wentz argument. But I get it. But the dilemma at least the dilemma if I was the GM....I'm stuck on a number. Let's say its 30. His camp wants 35......that 5 million isn't enough for me to allow him to walk. That 5 million isn't significant enough especially when all I'm going to do with it is sign a Cedric Thornton or Nolan Carroll with it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There is only a couple, if any that would trade for Dak. On the other hand, there are backup QBs on rosters that could succeed in Dallas where they would be surrounded by Pro Bowl talent and they could do it just as well, if not better than Dak. How hard could it be to find a QB that doesn’t struggle to pass for 200 yards or lead the league in fumbles at his position? I forgot to mention the massive number of sacks that Dak causes due to his poor pocket awareness and indecisive play.
We say this........but then you see teams sign Tevor Simien and Brock Osweiller. We see teams sign Kirk Cousins. Teams are desperate. Now 35 million desperate seems excessive but one thing I've noticed is that all teams don't value players the same. Giants are probably the only team that valued Daniel Jones as a top 6 pick. Vikings were one of the only teams who valued Cousins like they did.

It just depends. IT depends how teams value Dak.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I mean Kirk Cousins got nearly $30, and the price for QBs keeps going up....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that. Each of our division rivals have QBs on their rosters as good, if not better. You really overrate Dak. They have several QBs on their rosters that I would rather have instead of a Dak and I know that I am not alone in feeling that way.

Who the hell on the Giants and Skins are as good as Dak, if not better?

And now put your neck out there even further, who are the several you would take over Dak? This could get ugly fast.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Quibbling over $3m is dumb, imo, if you're ultimately going to pay him anyway. If you delay the deal, the price will likely rise anyway once Goff and some of the other upcoming extensions get done.

1. Can't set precedent that players can run all over the FO
2. Quibbling over $3MM is a stupid comment. Fleming, Thomas, Covington, and Looney are all vets with cap hits below $3MM. Looney was critical last year. You would rather have a couple scrubs on the roster than solid vets so you burn $3MM more to appease Dak and his agent. You are smarter than that.
3. Delay the deal??? It is already vastly delayed. This should have gotten done before the season. The QB market was set for the next year with Wentz. Goff? Guy was a #1 pick and just played in a SB. I like Dak better but 90% of the league would disagree. Dak is not getting Goff money. I will also add the Gurley is going to screw the Rams cap situation up.
4. I can't stand Jerry but at this point good offers have been shared and it appears that we have some greedy players / agents to deal with.
5. Jaylon Smith, and I will guarantee this, in 1 year will be among the best players in football. He left about $4MM per year on the table to be a part of the Cowboys. That $4MM per will provide cap space for key depth. He is an example of a player looking at the big picture and wanting to win vs. an imbecile like Zeke who just wants to get his.

jnday

Reaction score
We say this........but then you see teams sign Tevor Simien and Brock Osweiller. We see teams sign Kirk Cousins. Teams are desperate. Now 35 million desperate seems excessive but one thing I've noticed is that all teams don't value players the same. Giants are probably the only team that valued Daniel Jones as a top 6 pick. Vikings were one of the only teams who valued Cousins like they did.

It just depends. IT depends how teams value Dak.
How valuable is a QB that has accuracy issues, poor pocket awareness and leads QBs in fumbles going to be, especially a QB that has to have a ton of talent surrounding him? I have been a Cowboys fan for close to 50 years and I honestly hate to see the team depending on any QB that has the faults that Dak has. I think the whole situation is horrible. Resigning Dak for as low as 20 million a year won’t solve the problems that comes from having Dak as a starting QB. If they signed him to the cheapest , team friendly deal in NFL history, the same problems will still linger for the team. Money is not the issue as much as Dak’s play is the problem. After all of these years, the Cowboys have finally corrected the FO problems that has haunted the team. They have become very good at evaluating talent and building a good team. Even with all of this talent, the QB position is limiting the team. My concern to signing Dak to another contract is that Jerry would quit looking for an upgrade at QB, so the team would be stuck with an inaccurate QB that has poor pocket awareness for the next several years. The offense will be bad with Dak just as it had been the last couple of years. Dallas is about to massively overpay to be average and everybody knows it . A good QB that could drop back in the pocket and deliver well thrown, accurate passes would make this team so much better for the next few years. I see a ton of epic failures coming for this team and it is depressing to know that it is coming and Jerry is paying for this massive screw up.

jnday

Reaction score
Who the hell on the Giants and Skins are as good as Dak, if not better?

And now put your neck out there even further, who are the several you would take over Dak? This could get ugly fast.
I would take both of their rookie draftees before Dak. Especially Jones, who is looking great and he is impressing everyone with his passing ability and overall play at this stage. I didn’t care for him before the draft, but he is now showing why the Giants went out on a limb to draft him. A backup QB such as Foles could have come to Dallas and there is little doubt in my mind that he would have lead the team to a Super Bowl. Now, of course, he has signed to be a starter. Dallas should have signed him instead of waiting to overpay Dak. It would have been cheaper and the team would have gained a much better QB. I have named several back ups on teams that I would have taken including Mullins from San Fran. Many of these backups could definitely equal Dak’s play .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How valuable is a QB that has accuracy issues, poor pocket awareness and leads QBs in fumbles going to be, especially a QB that has to have a ton of talent surrounding him? I have been a Cowboys fan for close to 50 years and I honestly hate to see the team depending on any QB that has the faults that Dak has. I think the whole situation is horrible. Resigning Dak for as low as 20 million a year won’t solve the problems that comes from having Dak as a starting QB. If they signed him to the cheapest , team friendly deal in NFL history, the same problems will still linger for the team. Money is not the issue as much as Dak’s play is the problem. After all of these years, the Cowboys have finally corrected the FO problems that has haunted the team. They have become very good at evaluating talent and building a good team. Even with all of this talent, the QB position is limiting the team. My concern to signing Dak to another contract is that Jerry would quit looking for an upgrade at QB, so the team would be stuck with an inaccurate QB that has poor pocket awareness for the next several years. The offense will be bad with Dak just as it had been the last couple of years. Dallas is about to massively overpay to be average and everybody knows it . A good QB that could drop back in the pocket and deliver well thrown, accurate passes would make this team so much better for the next few years. I see a ton of epic failures coming for this team and it is depressing to know that it is coming and Jerry is paying for this massive screw up.

You guys keep regurgitating and the same stuff over and over again as if its true. He does not have accuracy issues. Not anymore than any other quarterback. His pocket awareness throughout his career has been iffy but It was fine his rookie season and the first half of his 2nd year. So its a year and a half of bad pocket awareness.

I'm not gonna convince you that Dak is a good quarterback. Doesn't matter which side of the coin you are on you are going to feel however you want about him. Either you like him or you don't. My stance is the Cowboys possibly view him in a much more positive light then you do. Otherwise why even offer him a deal? They've scouted him and looked at him and determine that they can win with him. To believe that the Cowboys are the only team that feel that way about him......just pure assumption at this point. None of us know that.

Dak is not limiting this team. Dak quarterbacked this team to plenty of wins. Dak wasn't the one who sat there and watched Adrian Clayburn sack him 7 times and didn't think to do something about it. Dak isn't the one who subs in Noah Brown on obvious run plays to show their hand. He's not the one who runs the ball on 1st down every single chance they get. Dak has quarterbacked this team in spite of some of the worst coaching in the league. Its probably why Jerry wants to sign him. He figures if anyone can quarterback a Jason Garrett offense they deserve to be held on to.

The problem guys like you are having is fear. You are scared this team will go back to the Romo led teams of overpaying everyone and missing the playoffs or making it once every 3 or 4 years just to get kicked out in the 1st round. You can't do that in this league. You can't build a team out of fear. Jaylon Smith is a product of why you don't GM scary. You have to do whatever it takes to win. You have to throw it all out there. Its like being scared of your own shadow. No reason to be. The Cowboys are right there with the rest of these teams as contenders. For the first time in a long time they have a legit shot.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
So you're a glass half empty type of person. Look on the bright side if you look at all the QB's that have won a Super Bowl there are quite a few average players, and some below average that brought the trophy home.

At the very least Prescott is average, and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He could certainly be the Jeff Hostetler, or Nick Foles of the Cowboys.

I would enjoy the games, and worry later if there's any need for it.

risco

Reaction score
Why do you guys worry about stuff like this? I don't get it. These players will get what they get- who cares!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It only takes one team. Supply and demand in itself tells you the odds are in daks favor that somebody would pay him. Teams overpay for qbs all the time. I think it's foolish to suggest there is no other team in the NFL that would pay dak what Dallas is ultimately going to pay him. Of course there are others that would do the same.
Agreed but the principle is not isolated only to the quarterback position.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
People seem to forget that this is a league that saw a team give up three first round picks for one unproven commodity coming out of college. In this league then do you imagine it is farfetched for some GM hand out a contract for Dak Prescott? You think the league that gave Kliff Kingsbury a job as HC is going to not hand a giant contract to Dak Prescott?

Brax

Reaction score
Its not about what he asked its about him asking the same damn thing 10 other people have asked lol. And what this site says doesn't dictate fact or fiction lol. No one on this site would've gave Kirk Cousins 28 million but well there you go.
OP was
Would any other team in the NFL give Prescott 35 million?
not about 28 million to KC. you are off the rails.