Would any other team in the NFL give Prescott 35 million?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would take both of their rookie draftees before Dak. Especially Jones, who is looking great and he is impressing everyone with his passing ability and overall play at this stage. I didn’t care for him before the draft, but he is now showing why the Giants went out on a limb to draft him. A backup QB such as Foles could have come to Dallas and there is little doubt in my mind that he would have lead the team to a Super Bowl. Now, of course, he has signed to be a starter. Dallas should have signed him instead of waiting to overpay Dak. It would have been cheaper and the team would have gained a much better QB. I have named several back ups on teams that I would have taken including Mullins from San Fran. Many of these backups could definitely equal Dak’s play .
Hahahhaahha....you didn't care for Daniel Jones before the draft but his stellar preseason play as now convinced you that Daniel Jones is a good quarterback. You guys say some of the most foolish stuff I don't know if its for trolling or for arguments sake. Nick Mullens? Yikes.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I would take both of their rookie draftees before Dak. Especially Jones, who is looking great and he is impressing everyone with his passing ability and overall play at this stage. I didn’t care for him before the draft, but he is now showing why the Giants went out on a limb to draft him. A backup QB such as Foles could have come to Dallas and there is little doubt in my mind that he would have lead the team to a Super Bowl. Now, of course, he has signed to be a starter. Dallas should have signed him instead of waiting to overpay Dak. It would have been cheaper and the team would have gained a much better QB. I have named several back ups on teams that I would have taken including Mullins from San Fran. Many of these backups could definitely equal Dak’s play .

Man, this is bad.

"Y'all are seriously overrating Dak" the very next post "I would take Mullens over Dak".

Going from not wanting Jones, to taking Jones over Dak because of a few series in two preseason games. That's preposterous.

You are definitely alone in taking backups over Dak, and 95%+ alone in wanting Jones or Haskins over Dak.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Man, this is bad.

"Y'all are seriously overrating Dak" the very next post "I would take Mullens over Dak".

Going from not wanting Jones, to taking Jones over Dak because of a few series in two preseason games. That's preposterous.

You are definitely alone in taking backups over Dak, and 95%+ alone in wanting Jones or Haskins over Dak.
If you think that most teams would not prefer to have a cost controlled first round pick at QB instead of a 26 year old QB with no upside who is regarded throughout the league as average at best, then I think you are in the 95% alone.
Most teams in the league would not offer Dak a contract of any value, much less 35 million. He is below the threshold where you just go and use your pick in the next draft on the position.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If you think that most teams would not prefer to have a cost controlled first round pick at QB instead of a 26 year old QB with no upside who is regarded throughout the league as average at best, then I think you are in the 95% alone.
Most teams in the league would not offer Dak a contract of any value, much less 35 million. He is below the threshold where you just go and use your pick in the next draft on the position.

Learn to read

Contract was never mentioned.

"Quartervack with no upside" is this the lie we are telling ourselves now? :facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1200px-Bundesautobahn_33_number.svg.png

birdwells1

Reaction score
So you're a glass half empty type of person. Look on the bright side if you look at all the QB's that have won a Super Bowl there are quite a few average players, and some below average that brought the trophy home.

At the very least Prescott is average, and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He could certainly be the Jeff Hostetler, or Nick Foles of the Cowboys.

I would enjoy the games, and worry later if there's any need for it.

Nick Foles was super bowl mvp.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Learn to read

Contract was never mentioned.

"Quartervack with no upside" is this the lie we are telling ourselves now? :facepalm:
Maybe you should learn to read, start with the title of this thread.
And yes, 26 year old, 4 year college QBs who have flatlined their performance for three years as pros are considered to have no upside. You’re welcome for the football 101 lesson.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Maybe you should learn to read, start with the title of this thread.
And yes, 26 year old, 4 year college QBs who have flatlined their performance for three years as pros are considered to have no upside. You’re welcome for the football 101 lesson.

The title of the thread has nothing to do with the conversation you butted in on, again learn to read.

Lol you can take it back, flatlined? Pretty obvious you didnt see the progression over last year. I'm not surprised. QBs typically don't peak by their 3rd year, football 101. Youre welcome

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are u a Mason? lol j/k

No, an amateur psychic!
:laugh:

I think that's the yearly average they ultimately settle on.

5 years, $165 million, with a nice, even $100 million guaranteed.

Get your horns and streamers or torch and pitchfork ready!
:thumbup:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
No, an amateur psychic!
:laugh:

I think that's the yearly average they ultimately settle on.

5 years, $165 million, with a nice, even $100 million guaranteed.

Get your horns and streamers or torch and pitchfork ready!
:thumbup:

I mean if Dak invites me to the party I’ll gladly celebrate otherwise I’m indifferent to a degree. It means we have no other options, we’re settling, and now our Cap is limited to acquiring other Top talent in other key areas. Dak isn’t horrible, I believe we can win with him, it’s just an excessive strain on our Cap...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think this question needs to be asked in context. Would any team pay Dak that kind of money right now and, would they be willing to give up the picks it would take to get him out of Dallas, is the real question IMO.

I believe the answer is no and it's not even close but I mean, I could be wrong. There are teams out there who pay stupid money for guys that are flat not worth the money. I mean, we all know it, we've all seen it. Some teams do it because they have to right? I mean, you have to spend a certain percentage of money to meet cap rules so teams do go out and over spend on players that may not be worth it. That does happen but almost always, those deals sound great but when you really look into them, they aren't great. Usually, they are up front, short term with plenty of room to vacate in a couple of years. Long term, they aren't solid deals like you might see with guys that teams really, really value.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean if Dak invites me to the party I’ll gladly celebrate otherwise I’m indifferent to a degree. It means we have no other options, we’re settling, and now our Cap is limited to acquiring other Top talent in other key areas. Dak isn’t horrible, I believe we can win with him, it’s just an excessive strain on our Cap...

I agree, it is. Quarterback salaries are just out of hand. And when you pay yours - if you have one - you're cap-strapped until the next rookie QB comes along.

What I hope for is that Jerry Jones has a good idea of what the future cap will look like based on being a big part of CBA negotiations. And if the influx of money from gambling and two additional games isn't what they're saying - about $4 billion in added revenue - the overall cap should go way up. If that's the case, even a big QB contract won't be crippling.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Definitely a bottom barrel team would give him $35M/year. Now the real question is how much guaranteed money will he get? Players rarely get all of the incentives in their contracts so $35M is just a number.

starcity214

Reaction score
I think half a dozen teams would pay Dak 35m
1. Broncos
2. Commanders
3. Dolphins
4. Bills
5. Giants
6. Bengals

He’s better than not having a QB and worth 35m for them.

Lol 5 of those 6 teams have a young QB they just drafted in the top 2 rounds and you think they would give Dak 35 million to come to their team? Ok..

And the only other team is the Bengals but they have their version of Dak (Andy Dalton) what makes you think they would pay Dak 35 million a year?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 years ago would any team have given $27.5 million per year to a backup QB with only 2 career starts?

Of course not! Yet a team did.

Don’t underestimate what teams are willing to spend, especially for a QB.