Would anyone be mad with CB at 58

gmoney112

Reaction score
In theory, no.

We have Awuzie and Lewis under contract for next year. That's it.

And you gotta have 3 dudes nowadays with some non-terrible depth, with how much nickel is played because of all the passing. Just how it is.

Applying it to this draft though, I don't think there's going to be anyone there that will be BPA. Pretty weak value in this draft. Considering that, a reach for a CB over a better player would be pretty stupid.

visionary

Reaction score
seeing how Richard has been scouring CBs and no huge holes anywhere on the roster, I think CB like Williams from Vanderbilt or Johnson from Houston may be the pick st 58.

Gives a second long CB next to Byron for 2019 and replaces him in 2020

Other than every sensible person? No

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Lewis is a dime back here who is terrible on KRs. Tavon only got a 6th last year. Non starters have almost ZERO value.

Lewis has more picks coming off the bench.. He’s only on the bench because he’s shorter and Richie prefers taller DB’s.. Dude would start for half the league...

And I cringe every time I see him doing returns because it would be such a waste if he got injured...

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
JoeJuan Williams,Vandy...would look good w/The Star on his helmet.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If they've already decided Jones isn't coming back, I could see it.

This.

I wouldn't love the pick given the immediate concerns at DT and S, but if you get a CB who starts for you in 2020 with Jones' and possibly Brown's departure it's a solid roster building move.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I would be annoyed with a CB at 58. I wouldn’t mind it as much in 3. I wouldn’t mind taking 2 CB’s 4-7 to be groomed up for the future. My top targets at 58 are S and TE. At 90 I would like TE at DT.

Need a TE that can catch and block !

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Safety and DL are most pressing needs, with Witten coming back albeit for a season, they are not looking at TE until day 3, if they want to draft one.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t know about 58 but I’d bet money we draft a CB in this draft

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
seeing how Richard has been scouring CBs and no huge holes anywhere on the roster, I think CB like Williams from Vanderbilt or Johnson from Houston may be the pick st 58.

Gives a second long CB next to Byron for 2019 and replaces him in 2020

The mid/late rounds are a good place for the Cowboys to get a CB to develop for 2020 when both Jones and Brown are free agents.

Isaiah Johnson 3rd/4th
6-2.5-208
4.4 forty

Chris Westry 7th
6-4.5, 197
4.31 forty

Derrek Thomas 7th/udfa
6-3, 189
4.44 forty

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is a weak weak cornerback class. They are suggesting it is the worst in years.

So yes, a CB pick at 58 would be annoying, especially if it included say the fourth or fifth best corner in a weak class.

I would be massively upset if there was a reach. For example, Isaiah Johnson would be a reach.

jnday

Reaction score
Why?

Do you remember our offense last year?
Good point. The offense held the team back for most of the season. The offense is already handicapped by mediocre QB play, so nobody should be upset over drafting a TE with the 58th pick if the TE was the best player in the board.