Would anyone be mad with CB at 58

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
seeing how Richard has been scouring CBs and no huge holes anywhere on the roster, I think CB like Williams from Vanderbilt or Johnson from Houston may be the pick st 58.

Gives a second long CB next to Byron for 2019 and replaces him in 2020

You know...you may be on to something. I can see them taking a kid like Isaiah Johnson CB Houston...and try and put him @ FS for his first year like they did w/ Byron Jones. Completely mess him up...then try and fix him in 2020. That's what our stupid staff does.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the plan was to move Awuzie to safety I would understand it.

I could get on board if that was the case. With him and Woods, we'd have two safeties who can cover about anyone the offense throws at them, but I would have some concerns about run support.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
DL over safety, safety before CB

All things being equal my priority list would be DL, S, TE, RB, CB/LB, K.

Whether we'd go DL first would depend on on the value of the DL vs. the value of the S. If a top-rated TE fell and there was no DL or S of close value, only then would I take a TE in the second. But I absolutely see one of those three spots as essential at 58. If there is no one at those positions who is worth the 58th pick, then trade down some.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All things being equal my priority list would be DL, S, TE, RB, CB/LB, K.

Whether we'd go DL first would depend on on the value of the DL vs. the value of the S. If a top-rated TE fell and there was no DL or S of close value, only then would I take a TE in the second. But I absolutely see one of those three spots as essential at 58. If there is no one at those positions who is worth the 58th pick, then trade down some.

And I agree we need a safety but good safeties are way cheaper than good DL guys. Pay for DB's and draft DL

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Annoyed but will realize why. Byron May walk after this season so we need a guy and need one quick

Mr_437

Reaction score
The mid/late rounds are a good place for the Cowboys to get a CB to develop for 2020 when both Jones and Brown are free agents.

Isaiah Johnson 3rd/4th
6-2.5-208
4.4 forty

Chris Westry 7th
6-4.5, 197
4.31 forty

Derrek Thomas 7th/udfa
6-3, 189
4.44 forty
X these the dudes Richard is targeting, but they have some uninspiring tape imo, I doze off watching them. Dude from Vanderbilt too.

Now that Amani Oruwariye is a guy I'd be ok with at 58. But, those others they looking at are 5th round picks at the earliest.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ya, although I'd prolly get over it simply by changing my socks, as believe it or not? That's a sure cure for maybe 2.65% & perhaps up to 9.34% of a forum fellows ailments

* all B.S. aside @Parcells4Life my friend, Man I gotta reiterate one more time for the last time ,that I cannot overstate the imperative need in getting our offensive firepower ranged,zeroed & booming& if that requires drafting depth for the #4's front line, so he can "show what he knows" in proving he's the 30 million a year man,,,just saying, ya know?

Beaker42

Reaction score
Written is 37 and we were awful in the red zone last year. With our talent at WR would be nice to have a TE to make defenses nervous down the seam. Wittens 4.9 speed doesn’t.
We have Jarwin. TE isn’t our main area of need ...... DT and S are. If we were already set on and and a good TE was there then by all means. I wouldn’t be looking st TE unto the 5th this year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X these the dudes Richard is targeting, but they have some uninspiring tape imo, I doze off watching them. Dude from Vanderbilt too.

Now that Amani Oruwariye is a guy I'd be ok with at 58. But, those others they looking at are 5th round picks at the earliest.

The plan would be to develop them for 2020 when both Brown and Jones are free agents. Brown will get paid to be a starter somewhere or paid to replace Jones if he is not re-signed.

Isaiah can definitely play in the NFL. The other 2 are longshots.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Furious.

Until we fix DT and S, we are not going anywhere in the playoffs.
We damn sure will when we're out scoring our opponent's ,Hoss!:starspin:

* yer' probably right though about not making a deep post season run having to play against the zebras as well

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
seeing how Richard has been scouring CBs and no huge holes anywhere on the roster, I think CB like Williams from Vanderbilt or Johnson from Houston may be the pick st 58.

Gives a second long CB next to Byron for 2019 and replaces him in 2020
daniel-day-lewis-gangs-of-new-york-promo.webp

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Lewis has more picks coming off the bench.. He’s only on the bench because he’s shorter and Richie prefers taller DB’s.. Dude would start for half the league...

And I cringe every time I see him doing returns because it would be such a waste if he got injured...
I would love to see what Lewis could do if he played a half dozen games as a starter.

For the little bit they’ve played him, he intrigues the heck out of me. The confidence it most take to get a play here and there are such a tough position tells me something about him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed...nothin would infuriate be more then going WR and CB early. Especially in a class that is loaded at S and DT.
Especially since we wasted the last DLine draft by using a 1/2 on frickin' Mo.

kskboys

Reaction score
We damn sure will when we're out scoring our opponent's ,Hoss!:starspin:

* yer' probably right though about not making a deep post season run having to play against the zebras as well
We've been trying that for 23 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
You know...you may be on to something. I can see them taking a kid like Isaiah Johnson CB Houston...and try and put him @ FS for his first year like they did w/ Byron Jones. Completely mess him up...then try and fix him in 2020. That's what our stupid staff does.
CB's are moved to S all the time. Earl Thomas was a Cb, along w/ Malcolm Jenkins and several others.

Plus, many DB's play some of both in college. Byron played almost as much at S as he did at CB, so this statement really isn't relevant.

We have done a poor job of developing players in general for many, many years.