Would Garrett get another HC job, like Jerry thinks, if he was released/fired?

JBS

Reaction score
5 offers means nothing..he could get 10 offers

Do you guys know how many inept organizations there are in this league? Much more than 5, let alone zero..

Big whoop

Bengals
Jets
Bills
Jags
Lions

Would be interested...yeah, that's the same guy I want running the Dallas Cowboys

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Probably so
I think he’s more respected around the league than here
I agree. I think like schefter said he probably would receive 3-5 offers. We expect to win super bowls or at least make it to nfc championship game. Around the league they may be happy with results if they were said teams coach.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely

He turned a 3-5 team into a wildcard winner. Or maybe that was Amari Cooper.... Cincy and Detroit would kill 2 have won 2 playoff games in 8 seasons.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
From what I've seen, Jerry's actual quote specified that Jason would have had 5 offers prior to the loss at LA.

I agree with JJ on that.

Even now, after being eliminated, I also think there are plenty of other owners that suck and they would pay for JG through arrogance or ignorance or a combo of both.

If you just want to hire a guy that does well enough to appease your fan base and keep their hopes alive and their money flowing, JG is exactly who you should hire. He'll have you in the hunt more often than not, it just won't go anywhere.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Most fans also thought Dez was going to sign with another team right away. How did that work out? I think Dez is a way better receiver than Garrett is a coach and the only reason Dez got an opportunity was because NO’s was desperate.

To many GM’s and owners have seen the stupid and ridiculous ways Garrett has lost over the years to give him a HCing job! What has he done to help his team win in the playoffs? His terrible playoff record is there for everyone to see! Even when we have been #1 seeds, Garrett did nothing to get us a W!

GenoT

Reaction score
He might...but most coaching vacancies occur on bottom-feeding and/or underachieving teams, where coaches enter/exit thru constantly moving turnstiles.

It’s a steep success curve and, unlike his country-club gig with Jerry, none of the aforementioned types of teams would give Garrett more than three seasons to go deep into the postseason — much less put up with a 3-peat of 8-8, as Jones did.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Five offers? 100% no chance. One offer? I’d say 99.9% no. The only reason it’s not 100% is because there are stupid people in the world.
Maybe if their is a rich Jerry clone ready to buy a team, otherwise NO WAY!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Owners are trying to find the new young offensive genius. Doesn't cry JG. I mean he'd probably get interviewed. Doubt there would be much interest.
If you know your history as an owner there is no way Garrett gets another HCing job. 3 years in a row he losses win or go home games, besides all his Playoff failures!!!

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Garrett would find another head coaching job. It might not be until next season since it's late in the process but next year he would probably have a choice of jobs.