Would losing Romo really be that bad?

DMAC

Reaction score
Not that I want Romo hurt, but if we lose him, is that really all that bad? I guess it depends on what you want. From the perspective of the playoffs, history shows us we don't lose anything. We all know his win or go home record even in his best years. And he only has a couple partial years left at best,

And losing him would let us see what we really have with Dak, and accelerate Dak's learning curve. And if Zeke does live up to his hype, it might be good for those two rookies take over the team now.

So if (when) Romo goes down, it might be the best thing for this team going forward.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
I think the regular season it wouldn't. With Dak, Zeke and Dez (w/ no film on Zeke and Dak) they could win 10. I'm not ready to see Dak as a rookie in the playoffs when EVERYTHING is on the line, though.

conner01

Reaction score
Rather not find out
This is the pre season and while I'm very impressed with Dak, the regular season is different. And it would them mean no backup since we have nothing behind Dak.
I do think that if the worst happens and we lost Romo it would be much better than what we got last year but hopefully Dak spends the year watching with a little mop up duty here and there

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
This is the dirty little thought every fan has right now. I hate to admit it, but I've envisioned the season with Dak. Russell Wilson started as a rookie and you could make a case that we have better talent surrounding Dak. They protected RW early with the ground game early, made the playoffs and won a playoff game his rookie year. For whatever reason Dak infuses some sort of new vibe and energy that I think might explode with Dez/Zeke. With that being said, I'm a HUGE Romo fan and supporter and logic says, he needs to be the guy.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If Romo was healthy last season and played poorly he would of not been replaced during the season, i am not so sure he has that luxury anymore. The world is seeing what Dak can do and they are entertained, you know how that goes.

DMAC

Reaction score
I think the regular season it wouldn't. With Dak, Zeke and Dez (w/ no film on Zeke and Dak) they could win 10. I'm not ready to see Dak as a rookie in the playoffs when EVERYTHING is on the line, though.

I know what you mean, but could he do worse in the playoffs than Tony has done? And it would give him much needed experience under fire.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FzZ4aHY.png

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Not that I want Romo hurt, but if we lose him, is that really all that bad? I guess it depends on what you want. From the perspective of the playoffs, history shows us we don't lose anything. We all know his win or go home record even in his best years. And he only has a couple partial years left at best,

And losing him would let us see what we really have with Dak, and accelerate Dak's learning curve. And if Zeke does live up to his hype, it might be good for those two rookies take over the team now.

So if (when) Romo goes down, it might be the best thing for this team going forward.
Yes, it would be terrible. We'd suck this year and it would hurt Dak's development. We could potentially be in a great position if we give Dak time to learn over the next 3-4 seasons. Romo is one of the best QB's in the NFL and we NEED him.

superonyx

Reaction score
People don't understand what Romo knows and how he reads defenses. This is something that takes a long time to develop. Maybe someday Dak will be able to do this also. But he isn't at this point yet.

Last night you saw Seattle start to dictate where Dak was throwing the ball. They started to send the blitz on third downs so Dak would make the easy blitz read and throw the ball to a player that was then tackled short of the first down marker. Sure this was the hot read and not a bad decision. But a QB with Romos experience would see the man coming over the top who was covering the player the blitzing defender left. He has the ability to not jump on the quick read and still push the ball downfield to a guy who was beyond the sticks.

Of course Seattle is exceptional at defense and all teams couldn't do this as effectively as they did.
But it takes time for a QB to learn when these blitzes are coming and which read they need to make. Until then the defense can dictate where we go and you end up throwing 25 passes and only getting 100 yards.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Mods, can we just get a sticky thread on anything Dak related to corral all the stupid in?
What is so wrong with what they are talking about?? If you don't like the discussion, don't read it. What is it going to take to convince YOU and the other dudes that basically live on here and think Romo is Holy, that there might be other options with his injury history and with the way Dak is playing???GOOD GRIEF

CowboyChris

Reaction score

I don't think it would be anywhere near like it was last year. I believe we will find out at some point this season.