Would loss to Eagles ruin teams chances?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not disputing that we had an excellent team then. However, I do think we have a better defence. Our run game, imo, is better. I like the resiliency and tenacity of this team. It will be interesting to be sure, but I do think this is a slightly better team.

The Cowboys do have a kick butt defense, but they just do not stop the run, and that is what I worry about with not just the eagles but all teams seem to run against them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
anything can happen , it has been a weird season so far.
Eagles to me seem to be the better team, best in nfc.

Can cowboys beat them ? sure, but they could also lose.
then there are the other games, for both eagles and cowboys.

It is really a wait and see what happens deal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not disputing that we had an excellent team then. However, I do think we have a better defence. Our run game, imo, is better. I like the resiliency and tenacity of this team. It will be interesting to be sure, but I do think this is a slightly better team.

Our run defense was excellent in 2009 ranking fourth, compared to 23rd for this years run defense. Our pass rush is better this year than it was in 2009. Our kryptonite in 2009 was defending the pass. We struggled in coverage and couldn’t pressure the QB. That ended up being our undoing in the playoffs against Minnesota. Brett Favre had a huge game throwing 4 TD passes and Sidney Rice had 140+ receiving yards.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
2007 Giants lost twice to Cowboys but won the SB.
that isnt a good example, giants had a lot of injured players and lost a lot of early games.
they got those players back and went on a run of wins, that carried over into playoffs and to SB.

That would be like we lose to eagles twice, without dak and some other key players and then we
face them again in playoffs with dak and the other players, and win.

this next game we have dak and pretty much all our players, and are at home, so if cowboys lose that
there is no excuse, and it dims any hope of beating them in phil in cold, in playoffs.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
that isnt a good example, giants had a lot of injured players and lost a lot of early games.
they got those players back and went on a run of wins, that carried over into playoffs and to SB.

That would be like we lose to eagles twice, without dak and some other key players and then we
face them again in playoffs with dak and the other players, and win.

this next game we have dak and pretty much all our players, and are at home, so if cowboys lose that
there is no excuse, and it dims any hope of beating them in phil in cold, in playoffs.

So close! lol. That is another thing, and you say we have Dak and pretty much all our players, but we don't know that yet because some of our players could get injured so it won't be the same team as it is right now.

However, the same could be said for the eagles and I hope they have no injuries when the Boyz play them, I want no excuses from either side of the coin.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So close! lol. That is another thing, and you say we have Dak and pretty much all our players, but we don't know that yet because some of our players could get injured so it won't be the same team as it is right now.

However, the same could be said for the eagles and I hope they have no injuries when the Boyz play them, I want no excuses from either side of the coin.
yeah I hope there are no major injuries, and that the refs dont screw it up.
if dallas wins or eagles, I dont want any controversial calls that give the game to either one.

Surfguy

Reaction score
I'd rather lose against them in the regular season than lose against them in the playoffs. That's all I'm saying.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Don't forget. TO will still suffering from a high ankle sprain.
i need to watch that game again, been awhile. So to had a hurt ankle that game? (giants dal po 2007)
I just remember Romo acting like he was way over confident, maybe whole team was in just show up and play
mode, because we are so good.
Then giants came in all serious and playing smashmouth football.
by time cowboys woke up it was too late.
also that pass crayton? dropped

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can't beat the Eagles at Home then that would cement my thinking this team is going nowhere in the Playoffs. An Eagles win will likely show they are the class of the Division if not the Conference. And given how good SF has looked lately, it seems that any game against them in the Playoffs would be a repeat of last years game where they dominated/beat up the Cowboys.
Then MM better pull out everything the Cowboys have on their 1975 run to the SB!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Our run defense was excellent in 2009 ranking fourth, compared to 23rd for this years run defense. Our pass rush is better this year than it was in 2009. Our kryptonite in 2009 was defending the pass. We struggled in coverage and couldn’t pressure the QB. That ended up being our undoing in the playoffs against Minnesota. Brett Favre had a huge game throwing 4 TD passes and Sidney Rice had 140+ receiving yards.

Fascinating how things changed there. That said, I still like our chances a bit better than 2009. If I recall rightly, Hankins missed our most recent game. When he's in, our run defence is better.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bunch of quitter attitudes.....bunch of winner attitudes, as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fascinating how things changed there. That said, I still like our chances a bit better than 2009. If I recall rightly, Hankins missed our most recent game. When he's in, our run defence is better.

We’ll see what our chances look like in a few weeks. We’re getting down to crunch time.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Improvements? Who?

up and down? Cowboys have lost 1 game since and so have the eagles. If anything the eagles are playing worse.

basically hurts barely has to throw the ball. He basically hands the ball off or runs it.

I think he was on pace to have 3 1000 yard receivers til Goedert got hurt. So I don't know if I agree

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Things that make me laugh

The absolute fairy tale that S.F Dominated us in last years playoff game. Stop the BS we lost by seven and were driving in for the tying score

The Eagles are that formidable . The beat us with a back up Qb , that didn't play his best game.

You guys crack me up !!! Seriously you are funnier that Dave Chapelle

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he was on pace to have 3 1000 yard receivers til Goedert got hurt. So I don't know if I agree

Goedert is a good point. They do miss him. They are much more potent with him. But they had him when they played us and I was not impressed.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Goedert is a good point. They do miss him. They are much more potent with him. But they had him when they played us and I was not impressed.

I don't know why. He's a top 5 easily and this year a top 3 TE. Really good blocker as well. He'd be amazing on Dallas.