Would Romo have us at 5-0?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak has been decent in 2 minute drills, let's not act like Romo always made a 2 minute drive. He lost plenty of games including ones that ended because he threw a pick.

I hear you, and I agree. I just remember more Romo moments because he played longer than Dak.

I am what fans here call a "Dak-Head", but I also don't see him as infallible.

ArtClink

Reaction score
No. Plus he would have been hurt and lost for the season by now anyway.

Agreed. Romo would have gotten hurt. He was also too careless w the ball, something Parcells was trying to wk with him on.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I hear you, and I agree. I just remember more Romo moments because he played longer than Dak.

I am what fans here call a "Dak-Head", but I also don't see him as infallible.
I always call it like I see it. The good and the bad. Problem is when you are defending a player some think you are on one side or the other. I'm not that way but just because a player has a couple mistakes I'm not going to say they are garbage or can't play.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Romo there was always hope. (I only remember one other like that - Staubach.)
so yeah, I think we'd be at least 4-1 because of the IT factor which happens to be an intangible.
No disrespect intended here, but Romo’s “It factor” got us two wildcard wins and more than a few bad performances in games that mattered. I’m not a Romo hater, but he was never even within a 100 miles of Roger Staubach. Romo was good. Not great. I think he’s overvalued because this franchise has had so little to celebrate over the last quarter century. We are left celebrating a good but slightly overrated QB because we haven’t had much else to get excited about.

catiii

Reaction score
That IT factor got this team what now?

Of course, it takes more than 1 player to win. And he had different players. The question was could Romo
have a better record with these players. Quite possibly yes especially since leadership can not be quantified.
My answer was quite simple. It's nothing that can be argued either way since it's all speculative.

catiii

Reaction score
No disrespect intended here, but Romo’s “It factor” got us two wildcard wins and more than a few bad performances in games that mattered. I’m not a Romo hater, but he was never even within a 100 miles of Roger Staubach. Romo was good. Not great. I think he’s overvalued because this franchise has had so little to celebrate over the last quarter century. We are left celebrating a good but slightly overrated QB because we haven’t had much else to get excited about.
Didn't say he was close to Roger. I said he gave us hope like Roger did for good reason.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I always call it like I see it. The good and the bad. Problem is when you are defending a player some think you are on one side or the other. I'm not that way but just because a player has a couple mistakes I'm not going to say they are garbage or can't play.

A lot of fans are reactionary. I even have them in my family. When the Cowboys were 3-0 it was all Super Bowl talk. Now they've lost two and they think a 3-13 season is coming.

So I imagine some fans feel the same way about players. We can't expect Dak to be perfect. But when he has a bad game I'll call him on it. Doesn't mean I hate him. In fact he might be my favorite player on the roster right now.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
With Romo there was always hope. (I only remember one other like that - Staubach.)
so yeah, I think we'd be at least 4-1 because of the IT factor which happens to be an intangible.

:hammer:

This is the post of all posts of the Romo-Dak threads. No sarcasm.

I liked Romo because he was a razzle -dazzle QB. He made the game exciting. Yeah, he'd break my heart sometimes but he was something else.

Honestly, it took me awhile to get used to Dak. He's more close to the vest kind of QB, no razzle-dazzle more methodical and systematic. These two players are different and have qualities that make you root for or against them.

You might like the "IT" that Romo had or you may like the "IT" that Dak has. Whatever the "IT" you like can we stop with this comparison stuff?

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure even the Eastern Illinois version of Romo would be 4-1 standing in a cocoon and lobbing balls to wide open receivers. It took a special sort of ineptitude to botch that Saints game.