Would Romo have us at 5-0?

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Does Romo play defense? Does Romo play on the oline? Does Romo catch the ball?

hopemsu

Reaction score
How many times in Romo's career did he have a 5-0 start? Once and that's it. How many times did Romo have 11 straight wins? None but Dak does.

These are stupid threads talking about what Romo would have done or could have done. He failed, often. In the playoffs, in week 17 games when he needed a win to make the plays he came up empty. Let it go, Romo isn't a Hall of Fame QB and it isn't coming back. His time is gone

Agreed and doesn’t dak currently have the 2nd or 3rd most passing yards for 2019? His interceptions are up but the last one for the saints game was a Hail Mary, and I believe two of his interceptions are from drops. If dak has 1000 yards passing at this point, we might could make that argument.

A better argument would be “if dak could also play defense and provide more pass rush, or if he could help our God Awful run defense, or come up with an interception or two” would we be 5-0”. It’s a team sport and all statistics say our qb is NOT our weakest link.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Our defense is a Top 10 defense but leave them out there without the offense scoring for 3 Q well you do the math....31-3..those 4th Q points we're Garbage time and pity points....

LLLOOOLLL, love that last line, you know some will say we were in the game at that time.

jnday

Reaction score
I was a Romo fan and I think he was one of the best QBs in the league towards the end of his career, but it is time to stop bringing him into the conversations concerning the today’s team. It serves no more purpose than to mention Aikman or Staubach.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Easy for any QB to do when they're running for their bloody lives as he was most of the time.
I highly doubt he would hold up to the hits Prescott took.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Lol... Top 10 D.

They surely played like a top 10 defense when they let C J Anderson run all over them last season and then made Aaron Jones look great this season. But, anything to try and put all of the blame on Dak, even when the run defense fails to do it's job. And they have allowed some RBs to gash them in the first half of games when they should be fresh. :rolleyes:

catiii

Reaction score
I highly doubt he would hold up to the hits Prescott took.
Now you might have a point with that one IF he took those hits, but I think Romo could've escaped the majority of the hits Dak took due to his
better ability to escape and yet still deliver the ball AND of course a bit better blocking with this team.
In addition, the hits Romo took usually qualified for aggravated assault with no flags. We complained about it for years here. The same hits he took many times would get players ejected and fined if they did it to the ProtectedOne Brady, Romo was mugged.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Exactly! Romo isn't going to make that defense any better so everyone should just get the idea of Romo having us at 5-0 out of their heads.

Bad defenses are one of the main aspects that Cowboys fans have blamed for the Cowboys not winning a Superbowl with Romo. But, with the same defenses that have failed to show up in playoff games and in some big regular season games, with Dak as QB, some believe that this team would fair better under Romo. With the same defensive and coaching problems plaguing this team.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
They surely played like a top 10 defense when they let C J Anderson run all over them last season and then made Aaron Jones look great this season. But, anything to try and put all of the blame on Dak, even when the run defense fails to do it's job. And they have allowed some RBs to gash them in the first half of games when they should be fresh. :rolleyes:
If you had been following the thread:
I was mocking his claim that this was a Top 10 D.

#Somepeople...

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Would romo choose a baseball bat or a tennis racket if given the choice? Would he choose a horse or dog if given the choice? We can ask dumb hypothetical romo questions all day if thats the goal here......But we would never get any real answer.

Some still refuse to let romo retire in peace. Hes at peace in his rocking chair right now. Let him be.